Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Censorship - DJI Removed My Inspire 2 Post with over 400 Views
1909 23 2018-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1027539 ft
United States

On August 9th, I started a new thread to inform other DJI Inspire 2 owners of my bad experience with my Inspire 2 falling out of the sky. The title of the thread was: "Inspire 2 Fell Out Of Sky Because Right Arm Shifted In Flight." The thread received over 400 views and on some days, it was near the top of the list on the DJI Inspire 2 forum since it was posted. Recently, DJI has removed by post from the Inspire 2 forum, into another area. For those that were following the thread and the responses from other users, the threat can be found here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-160998-1-1.html
You can also just search online under the original thread title, "Inspire 2 Fell Out Of Sky Because Right Arm Shifted In Flight."

DJI, first you don't respond to my emails, now you hide my thread. Way to go!

Post that was moved

Post that was moved

2018-8-22
Use props
epicjib
First Officer
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

So my arm was also loose and not aligned correctly, so this easily could have happened to me but I found it on a pre flight inspection. So the root cause of this is a tolerance problem with the length of that bolt that clamps the arm clamp to prevent it from turning or the threaded hole was not drilled deep enough to accommodate the length of that bolt. So I installed a small washer under the dead of that bolt, so that it clamps the ribbed collar on that arm properly. Some people have said that this washer is now on the new inspire 2 from factory... I will be receiving my new inspire 2 tomorrow and will check for this out of the box and if the washer is not there I will be installing one. This is a 100% manufacturing defect and should be taken care of by DJI and not the consumer. This should not rotate if it was designed properly. DJI step up to the plate and take responsibility for your actions and get this guy back in the air... Rant over.
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi mattv, the previous thread is related to the service complaint and it would be more convenient for us to keep following up in Service Forum, we are not hiding anything, appreciate your understanding.
2018-8-22
Use props
mattv
lvl.1

epicjib Posted at 2018-8-22 13:04
So my arm was also loose and not aligned correctly, so this easily could have happened to me but I found it on a pre flight inspection. So the root cause of this is a tolerance problem with the length of that bolt that clamps the arm clamp to prevent it from turning or the threaded hole was not drilled deep enough to accommodate the length of that bolt. So I installed a small washer under the dead of that bolt, so that it clamps the ribbed collar on that arm properly. Some people have said that this washer is now on the new inspire 2 from factory... I will be receiving my new inspire 2 tomorrow and will check for this out of the box and if the washer is not there I will be installing one. This is a 100% manufacturing defect and should be taken care of by DJI and not the consumer. This should not rotate if it was designed properly. DJI step up to the plate and take responsibility for your actions and get this guy back in the air... Rant over.

Hey epicjib,

Thanks for sharing your post. Keep me posted on your new Inspire 2. I'm wondering if your new one will come with the washer. DJI needs to step up and fix this problem. I was missing screws where the clamp goes over the arm. There was no way for me to know beforehand because I would have had to remove the clamp to see it. I just paid out of pocket today to have my Inspire 2 repaired from DJI. When it comes back, I will be using electrical tape or gaffers tape to reinforce the arm to the clamp to prevent it from rotating. I shouldn't have to do that, but I will never trust using this equipment again without some sort of modication to keep it from rotating in flight.
2018-8-22
Use props
mattv
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-22 20:29
Hi mattv, the previous thread is related to the service complaint and it would be more convenient for us to keep following up in Service Forum, we are not hiding anything, appreciate your understanding.

DJI Mindy, my original post was not a service complaint, it was to inform other users of the possibility of the arm rotating in flight. Everyone comes to this main area for information, not the service area. The post should have never been moved.
2018-8-22
Use props
mattv
lvl.1

Update: Withing 15 minutes of creating this new thread, a representative from DJI called me. DJI was aware of my situation because the social media team escalated my issue to discuss my situation. The lady who called me was very nice, listened to my concerns and apologized for my bad experience with the equipment failure and the customer service from DJI. I wish I could say that they were going to take responsibility for repairing the drone, however, that is not what happened. Since my Inspire 2 is a little over six months out of warranty, they will not do anything because it is against their policy. I explained to the lady that I have spent over $20,000 on DJI equipment over the last 5 years, and there should always be exceptions to policy when it comes to a manufacturing defect and loyal customers. All they could do is give me 10% off my repair. While I am appreciative of the lady who called me, I am disappointed in her supervisors who made the decision to honor their policy more than a customer who has spent thousands on their products. No more DJI—I'm done buying from you guys!
2018-8-22
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Captain
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
South Korea

mattv Posted at 2018-8-22 21:13
Update: Withing 15 minutes of creating this new thread, a representative from DJI called me. DJI was aware of my situation because the social media team escalated my issue to discuss my situation. The lady who called me was very nice, listened to my concerns and apologized for my bad experience with the equipment failure and the customer service from DJI. I wish I could say that they were going to take responsibility for repairing the drone, however, that is not what happened. Since my Inspire 2 is a little over six months out of warranty, they will not do anything because it is against their policy. I explained to the lady that I have spent over $20,000 on DJI equipment over the last 5 years, and there should always be exceptions to policy when it comes to a manufacturing defect and loyal customers. All they could do is give me 10% off my repair. While I am appreciative of the lady who called me, I am disappointed in her supervisors who made the decision to honor their policy more than a customer who has spent thousands on their products. No more DJI—I'm done buying from you guys!

Wow, I am very skeptical of getting a new I2 for the first time now, I keep seeing these problems and issues other ppl are having. I dont want to drop my savings on something that will break or anything
2018-8-22
Use props
Altitude Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 1488520 ft

epicjib Posted at 2018-8-22 13:04
So my arm was also loose and not aligned correctly, so this easily could have happened to me but I found it on a pre flight inspection. So the root cause of this is a tolerance problem with the length of that bolt that clamps the arm clamp to prevent it from turning or the threaded hole was not drilled deep enough to accommodate the length of that bolt. So I installed a small washer under the dead of that bolt, so that it clamps the ribbed collar on that arm properly. Some people have said that this washer is now on the new inspire 2 from factory... I will be receiving my new inspire 2 tomorrow and will check for this out of the box and if the washer is not there I will be installing one. This is a 100% manufacturing defect and should be taken care of by DJI and not the consumer. This should not rotate if it was designed properly. DJI step up to the plate and take responsibility for your actions and get this guy back in the air... Rant over.

Hi epicjib.

Please could provide a few photos of your modification?

Thanks,

Rowan
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mattv Posted at 2018-8-22 21:13
Update: Withing 15 minutes of creating this new thread, a representative from DJI called me. DJI was aware of my situation because the social media team escalated my issue to discuss my situation. The lady who called me was very nice, listened to my concerns and apologized for my bad experience with the equipment failure and the customer service from DJI. I wish I could say that they were going to take responsibility for repairing the drone, however, that is not what happened. Since my Inspire 2 is a little over six months out of warranty, they will not do anything because it is against their policy. I explained to the lady that I have spent over $20,000 on DJI equipment over the last 5 years, and there should always be exceptions to policy when it comes to a manufacturing defect and loyal customers. All they could do is give me 10% off my repair. While I am appreciative of the lady who called me, I am disappointed in her supervisors who made the decision to honor their policy more than a customer who has spent thousands on their products. No more DJI—I'm done buying from you guys!

Hi mattv, we are sorry to hear that the data analysis cannot be applied in your situation, this decision should have been confirmed by our supervisor, very sorry about this, our repair center will help to get the drone fixed when it arrives, please let me know if you have further concern.
2018-8-23
Use props
mattv
lvl.1
United States

BagoDJIoperator84 Posted at 2018-8-22 23:58
Wow, I am very skeptical of getting a new I2 for the first time now, I keep seeing these problems and issues other ppl are having. I dont want to drop my savings on something that will break or anything

Hi BagoDJIoperator 84,

If you buy it, make sure you get insurance for it. I wouldn't drop my savings for it though.
2018-8-23
Use props
mattv
lvl.1
United States

Altitude Drones Posted at 2018-8-23 01:49
Hi epicjib.

Please could provide a few photos of your modification?

Yes, that would be great!
2018-8-23
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Captain
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
South Korea

mattv Posted at 2018-8-23 10:12
Hi BagoDJIoperator 84,

If you buy it, make sure you get insurance for it. I wouldn't drop my savings for it though.

Yea I know,  most def gonna get insurance for it trust me. If I get it.
2018-8-23
Use props
DALLEN
lvl.1
United States

I remember following this thread in its original form and location.  I too experienced a potential issue here, as the torx screw  improperly tensioned and installed by the DJI factory resulted in propellers hitting the FPV cam/sensor spreader upon takeoff throttle up. I instantly killed the throttle hearing the racket, and noticed an arm was rotated out of phase. Upon putting a torx wrench to the screw, it was loose. Upon removing it, it had no thread locking compound in it, a major manufacturing flaw.

No damage due to quick throttle down before liftoff, and I later rotated the arm back into phase and properly tensioned the torx screw.  Now I have experienced DJI replacing a landing gar module at no charge several months after the warranty was out on a unit with 2 hour flight time, which is an example of them doing the right thing.

Generally speaking,  any manufacturer of any product that hides behind a warranty when they produce and assemble a product with a significant flaw is unconscionable. Taking care of something after the warranty that should have lasted is an example of great service, ethics and responsibilty.

I found the original post my user mattv very helpful.
2018-8-24
Use props
mattv
lvl.1

DALLEN Posted at 2018-8-24 10:55
I remember following this thread in its original form and location.  I too experienced a potential issue here, as the torx screw  improperly tensioned and installed by the DJI factory resulted in propellers hitting the FPV cam/sensor spreader upon takeoff throttle up. I instantly killed the throttle hearing the racket, and noticed an arm was rotated out of phase. Upon putting a torx wrench to the screw, it was loose. Upon removing it, it had no thread locking compound in it, a major manufacturing flaw.

No damage due to quick throttle down before liftoff, and I later rotated the arm back into phase and properly tensioned the torx screw.  Now I have experienced DJI replacing a landing gar module at no charge several months after the warranty was out on a unit with 2 hour flight time, which is an example of them doing the right thing.

Thanks for sharing your experience, DALLEN.

I'm glad that you were able to get your situation worked out with DJI, even after the warranty was out. I have heard from so many other users that there was no locking compound on the screw that is supposed to keep the arm from rotating. I wish DJI would take greater pride in their manufactoring process and not allow things of this nature to happen.

You're absolutely right too, resolving issues after warranty expires is about great service, ethics and responsibility. I hope that other users who have had similar issues would post on this thread and share their experience because DJI's social media team is contantly reviewing this forum—maybe they would change how they are doing things.
2018-8-24
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

black side of dji
2018-8-24
Use props
mattv
lvl.1

You got that right!
2018-8-25
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Hahaha but after you get their attention they will help you to solve it  
2018-8-25
Use props
mattv
lvl.1

Update: DJI charged me the repair of my X7, which was on my Inspire 2 at the time of the crash. I received a replacement on Saturday. The X7 they sent me has a different serial number, so I'm guessing it might be a refurbished unit. It's looks like it's in new condition though. Thanks, DJI...even though I paid for it...

My Inspire 2 was received on August 23. Still waiting for it to be shipped out.
2018-8-29
Use props
mattv
lvl.1

Latest Update: I spoke with more than one customer service from DJI and two mangers and I still did not get things resolved. My Inspire 2 has been repaired, and it's on the way back. However, they never did the data analysis like I requested. Since my drone was out of warranty by 6 months, they told me they would not conduct data analysis on my drone unless I paid $65 for it. I told them I would pay the $65 to have it done. Well, they never did it and my Inspire 2 is on the way back to me. I have no way to proof that my drone fell from the sky without any type of collision. I called DJI a little while ago, explained the situation and all they did was apologize to me and say that when I receive the drone tomorrow, to send it back for the data analysis. I've been without a drone for a few weeks now and have lost out on jobs. I can't send it back for another two weeks so they could do what they should have done in the first place. Terrible customer service.
2018-8-31
Use props
mattv
lvl.1

mattv Posted at 2018-8-31 12:11
Latest Update: I spoke with more than one customer service from DJI and two mangers and I still did not get things resolved. My Inspire 2 has been repaired, and it's on the way back. However, they never did the data analysis like I requested. Since my drone was out of warranty by 6 months, they told me they would not conduct data analysis on my drone unless I paid $65 for it. I told them I would pay the $65 to have it done. Well, they never did it and my Inspire 2 is on the way back to me. I have no way to proof that my drone fell from the sky without any type of collision. I called DJI a little while ago, explained the situation and all they did was apologize to me and say that when I receive the drone tomorrow, to send it back for the data analysis. I've been without a drone for a few weeks now and have lost out on jobs. I can't send it back for another two weeks so they could do what they should have done in the first place. Terrible customer service.

Update: It's been over a week since I contacted DJI to inform them that they never did the flight analysis like I requested. A supervisor was supposed to call me back—it never happened.

DJI is quick to reply on this forum, act like they care, but once you speak to them over the phone they aren't so quick to resolve issues. They have people from their social media team that monitor this forum, and they will even call you when you share your negative experiences on this forum. But, nothing will be done to resolve the issue in the long run. Someone from DJI will most likely call me today, tell me they don't have an answer for my issue, tell me they will call back, and then it will never happen.

Terrible service, DJI!
2018-9-10
Use props
mattv
lvl.1

Latest Update: Charles, a manager from DJI told me back in August that data analysis would not be conducted on my drone because my drone was no longer covered under warranty. My inspire 2 was about 6 months out of warranty when it fell from the sky without any collision. This same manager, Charles went on to tell me that I could have the data analysis done on the drone for an additional $65. I sent in my drone for repair, and made sure DJI knew ahead of time that I wanted the data analysis conducted. When my quote came in for repair, I paid the due amount to get the work started and waited for the repairs to be made. I contacted DJI again to make sure that they would conduct the data analysis, a DJI rep said they would check, I would receive a call back, but I never was contacted again. DJI repaired my drone, then sent it back, but no data analysis was ever conducted even though Charles said they could do it if I paid for it. I called to inform DJI about the issue, they escalated my case and came to the conclusion that their policy states that data analysis was not possible because the drone was out of warranty. Why did Charles, who is a manager give me false information? In this case, shouldn't DJI conduct the analysis even if it goes against their policy because their manager gave me wrong information? I think so, it's the right thing to do. Another manager, Jayson, went on to tell me: ”The $65 fee that we charged to the customer is for the damage assessment fee and repair service charge and aside from it, you've already paid the invoice for the repair and it means that you've agreed on the invoice we've sent.:" What a joke! DJI will not take responsibility for the malfunction with the Inspire 2 because it was 6 months out of warranty, and they won't take responsibility for their manager, Charles, giving me false information. Does that sound like a company that values their customers, especially those that spend thousands on their products? Absolutely not! DJI can't be trusted!

2018-9-17
Use props
epicjib
First Officer
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

mattv Posted at 2018-8-22 20:59
Hey epicjib,

Thanks for sharing your post. Keep me posted on your new Inspire 2. I'm wondering if your new one will come with the washer. DJI needs to step up and fix this problem. I was missing screws where the clamp goes over the arm. There was no way for me to know beforehand because I would have had to remove the clamp to see it. I just paid out of pocket today to have my Inspire 2 repaired from DJI. When it comes back, I will be using electrical tape or gaffers tape to reinforce the arm to the clamp to prevent it from rotating. I shouldn't have to do that, but I will never trust using this equipment again without some sort of modication to keep it from rotating in flight.

I just got my new inspire 2 and there is no washer under the bolt head but it looks like they redesigned the clamp to have more gap and it tightens properly, but I added the washer under for good measure
2018-9-17
Use props
mattv
lvl.1

epicjib Posted at 2018-9-17 18:45
I just got my new inspire 2 and there is no washer under the bolt head but it looks like they redesigned the clamp to have more gap and it tightens properly, but I added the washer under for good measure

Can you post a picture?
2018-9-17
Use props
mattv
lvl.1

See my latest post as an update to this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-169539-1-1.html

2018-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules