Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sphere Photo with the Ronin S?
14024 13 2018-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Is there a way to take Sphere Photo with the Ronin S instead of use an Panoramic Head?
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi raphael_bellizzi, Ronin S supports infinite Pan and Roll, if you would like the Sphere Photo, you will need to edit with the third party program at the moment, sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-8-22
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Don't be sorry! Thanks for your help!

Stitch the photos Is not the problem. My doubt is to make the gimbal move automatically to the positions to take these pictures like it does for regular panorama and time-lapse.
2018-8-23
Use props
Paulo Paulino
Captain
Flight distance : 2774265 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

@raphael_bellizzi do you have try it already?
Do you have any panorama you have made with ronin-s that you can show!
I am very interesting in 360 panorama mode of ronin-s, I hope Dji upgrade this mode in the future to make a full 360x180.
Thanks
2018-8-25
Use props
HVMediaUG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1958169 ft
  • >>>

The Problem is not the Movement - the Ronin-S does that really good. Maybe you need to take a manual Top and Down shot to get it working.
The real Problem is the Nodal-Point. The Turningpoint of the Camera is not in the Nodal-Point and this will produce glitches in your spherical panorama. Since the Camera need to be stabilised on the Ronin-S it is impossible to match the Gravity-Center with the Nodal-Point.

You may have luck with Panoramas, when there are only far objects in the frame and nothing close to the camera.
Here is a very helpful background Information for Panoramic-Photography:
https://www.panoramic-photo-guid ... he-nodal-point.html
2018-8-25
Use props
Aram
lvl.1

HVMediaUG Posted at 2018-8-25 13:16
The Problem is not the Movement - the Ronin-S does that really good. Maybe you need to take a manual Top and Down shot to get it working.
The real Problem is the Nodal-Point. The Turningpoint of the Camera is not in the Nodal-Point and this will produce glitches in your spherical panorama. Since the Camera need to be stabilised on the Ronin-S it is impossible to match the Gravity-Center with the Nodal-Point.

This isn't a big problem for landscape shots, outdoor shots.

Most of the software that are used for Stitching such as AutoPano, PTGui and Microsoft ICE takes care of a lot of these problems by removing the ghosting.

Another note about nodal point is that farther objects will have less parallax than closer objects, again we're usually getting rid of the tripod are and lower tilt angles (looking down close to tripod) by simply taking a couple of manual shots.
2018-9-16
Use props
AeroMovie
First Officer
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>

Any small drone from DJI can create spherical panoramas just the Ronin S ?  The Ronin App unfortunately only gives 360x90 and not 360x180. Why DJI???

What also annoys me a lot is that I have 2 CrystalSky Ultra monitors and they can't be used on the Ronin S. At the small OSMO it works, why not at the Ronin S?  I don't understand the politics of DJI, if not even the own products are compatible with each other.
2018-10-1
Use props
fans86ae3085
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-22 23:15
Hi raphael_bellizzi, Ronin S supports infinite Pan and Roll, if you would like the Sphere Photo, you will need to edit with the third party program at the moment, sorry for the inconvenience.

3rd party? Is there a way to edit the code or some SDK for the Ronin S? Would you mind adding a link to where I can learn more please?
2018-10-16
Use props
Gyttis
New
Flight distance : 401988 ft
Lithuania

So,  did you found any apps for 360x360?
2019-1-31
Use props
AVsupport
Second Officer
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

unfortunately, Tilt is limited in the Panorama function, apparently 'to prevent lens damage', sadly.
Hopefully this annoying restriction can be removed soon.
2019-1-31
Use props
360n180
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7566 ft
United States

Is it still only . possible to take 360x90? I want 360x180!!
2019-12-15
Use props
360n180
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7566 ft
United States

Please give us 360 panoramic pictures DJI
2020-8-14
Use props
Yveske D
Captain
Belgium

fans86ae3085 Posted at 2018-10-16 21:24
3rd party? Is there a way to edit the code or some SDK for the Ronin S? Would you mind adding a link to where I can learn more please?

Contacted DJI about an SDK already two years ago and "the request has been sent to the developers"
2020-8-14
Use props
etegration
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2159104 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

there is 360 if you have tried. i tested the Ronin SC and the Ronin S. The problem is as HVMedia has point out above, https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 736&pid=1530572, it is the nodal point that will be the real problem. If you are taking a big open space with nothing near to you, it will not be of any problem. if you are in a confined space which is what panoramas are useful for to showcase the areas and space, the ronin are basically useless. There will be a lot of mods and counterweights to be added and it still may not work depending on the camera and lens combo that you are using. See how much off it is.

Below is the SC

This is the Ronin S

2021-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules