You think that now they're gonna finally realease the new firmware?
2568 38 2018-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 573310 ft
Brazil

You think that now, after the event, they're gonna finally realease the new firmware? Now that all the efforts and attention for the launch has been done, our new improved firmware will finally become real?

What you think?
2018-8-23
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Great question.. some of the the features should be able to translate down to the current drones like MP.. Hopefully ithe firmware isn't buggy
2018-8-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

What you think?

2018-8-23
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4
Brazil

Well, me personally I check everyday so its a PITA. And will only rest when it is released. Mainly for a better compatibility with the Googles (in fact, a real one bc the actual sucks and cant be called compatible yet). But that hyperlapse feature would be great too.
2018-8-23
Use props
PiVoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158845 ft
Poland

i feel like mavic 2 release is last nail for the mavic air cofin, if there wont be any fw update before end of the year, i will most likely let my MA just go and fly to the moon..
2018-8-23
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4
Flight distance : 574977 ft
United States

PiVoR Posted at 2018-8-23 08:27
i feel like mavic 2 release is last nail for the mavic air cofin, if there wont be any fw update before end of the year, i will most likely let my MA just go and fly to the moon..

I don't want to agree with you, but you might not be far off. I'm sure many of us have now seen the new Trade Up program DJI is offering. Anyone else notice there is no trade up option for the MA???? But they will take in a Phantom 3 standard??? Actually I just noticed something else. Their value for a Phantom 3 standard is $108 in a Used/Like new category, but for a Phantom 3 Advanced in the same condition its only $56!? Something is screwy here!!!! By not taking in MA's it seems like DJI doesnt even want to resell them, maybe trying to shut the model line down??
2018-8-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

What are you looking for in the new firmware.
2018-8-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ulysses Paiva Posted at 2018-8-23 07:37
Well, me personally I check everyday so its a PITA. And will only rest when it is released. Mainly for a better compatibility with the Googles (in fact, a real one bc the actual sucks and cant be called compatible yet). But that hyperlapse feature would be great too.

You certainly won’t see any new features anytime soon, we all know this from other releases, regarding FW update, we have seen before FW updates follow new releases shortly after new product release, but you will only ever here about FW release when it’s released.
2018-8-23
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

Its not just the firmware that has the problem with Newer Androids, it  is the DJIGo app software and drone firmware
2018-8-23
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4
Flight distance : 574977 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-23 09:53
You certainly won’t see any new features anytime soon, we all know this from other releases, regarding FW update, we have seen before FW updates follow new releases shortly after new product release, but you will only ever here about FW release when it’s released.

I'm don't care about new features, I would just like some stability and consistency. So many recorded problems with .300 AND .400 and many of the .300 problems weren't fixed with .400, like image transmission. I would like to be able to fly without image pixilation and random disconnects.
2018-8-23
Use props
I Got DC'ed!
lvl.1
Flight distance : 325 ft
United States

It's concerning that an update for the "aircraft disconnected issue" isnt released before the new drone release.
2018-8-23
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4

Well, the guy himself said half of the department was compromised with the Mavic 2 so maybe now they can take a rest from it, focus on the Air a bit, and when its ok they go back to whatever they do.
2018-8-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dont slow down Posted at 2018-8-23 10:52
I'm don't care about new features, I would just like some stability and consistency. So many recorded problems with .300 AND .400 and many of the .300 problems weren't fixed with .400, like image transmission. I would like to be able to fly without image pixilation and random disconnects.

I agree with you, just one thing I have been pointing out for a long time that pixelation was part of .300 FW problem only to be continually shot down, because some were asking to roll back to .400, there have been good results for many using new SW .4.24 , so it’s now debatable whether this is actually a SW or FW problem, but hopefully it gets sorted for those with problems.
2018-8-23
Use props
I Got DC'ed!
lvl.1
United States

Ulysses Paiva Posted at 2018-8-23 11:10
Well, the guy himself said half of the department was compromised with the Mavic 2 so maybe now they can take a rest from it, focus on the Air a bit, and when its ok they go back to whatever they do.

To clarify the issues arent specifically with Air, correct? I assume the issue is with DJI GO4 app

I'm still looking for good info on this topic in the forums.
2018-8-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I Got DC'ed! Posted at 2018-8-23 12:34
To clarify the issues arent specifically with Air, correct? I assume the issue is with DJI GO4 app

I'm still looking for good info on this topic in the forums.

I think it fair to say that nobody is an expert on this, many differing opinions, I believe much is caused from app not supporting some devices, with regards FW, I have never seen a FW update that hasn’t caused some problems, it’s 6 of one and half a dozen of another. But everyone will have an opinion.
2018-8-23
Use props
I Got DC'ed!
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-23 12:43
I think it fair to say that nobody is an expert on this, many differing opinions, I believe much is caused from app not supporting some devices, with regards FW, I have never seen a FW update that hasn’t caused some problems, it’s 6 of one and half a dozen of another. But everyone will have an opinion.

Agreed. The reason i asked was to clearly understand.  I havent seen a thread that really has much of a response from DJI or Admin.   Just started and still looking.
2018-8-23
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Trade up program is terrible, doubt anyone will bother with that. eBay might be a little busy soon though

If it is like the MA, there will be like 5 firmware updates in the first two months for the MP 2 so no time for us Air people. MP 2 is their new flagship now.
2018-8-23
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4
Brazil

If thats the case, I will think twice before buying a DJI product again. Rushing to launch new products ans leaving previous ones with bugs is a shame.
2018-8-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ulysses Paiva Posted at 2018-8-24 02:24
If thats the case, I will think twice before buying a DJI product again. Rushing to launch new products ans leaving previous ones with bugs is a shame.

I believe if you take a trip around the whole forum here from Osmo to Matrice and all in between you will see bugs everywhere, and if you go back almost 4 years you will see bugs, if dji were to do as you ask we would all be flying P2’s . (;+)...
2018-8-24
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4

So, you're saying we only have newer tech because they dont fix previous products? That we would be stuck in time if they decided to fix problems and make products work as they should/advertised? (generally speaking) You saying a billion+ company cant have a team for RD and another team of engineers to iron out already launched products?

2018-8-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ulysses Paiva Posted at 2018-8-24 03:59
So, you're saying we only have newer tech because they dont fix previous products? That we would be stuck in time if they decided to fix problems and make products work as they should/advertised? (generally speaking) You saying a billion+ company cant have a team for RD and another team of engineers to iron out already launched products?

No that’s not what I’m saying. I have a three year old Mac book pro, it has some bugs, I note that these bugs didn’t halt Apples progress in their development program, I also run apps that seem to require bug fixes bi weekly , I also now realize that bugs and other problems are ongoing in almost all technology and tech engineers are continually updating fixing bugs and it’s no different with this technology, I’m sure if dji were to deploy all their resources on just one drone to try and 100% eliminate all problems bugs etc, yes we would all be still flying a P2.
If your Mavic Air is not flying correctly as you say advertised, then you can exercise your right to invoke the warranty that came with it, I’m sure you are aware that there are many flying happily on both current FW and SW, why should it be any different for you,  you are also entitled to wait for upgrades of FW and SW in the hope that this will fix your problem, you should also be aware that there has never been a FW or SW that sorted all problems for all people, so the likelihood of this happening are not very good. I believe we will see updates for MavAir but when is anybody’s guess, I hope it sorts out whatever problems your having.
Good luck..
2018-8-24
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4

I agree... but because other do the same that doesnt make it righ, right? I see too bugs with other tech, especially with my bigger cameras, but manufacturer always try and solve it. I do think we need to wait for firmware fixes, thats part of the game, sure. But sometimes it takes longer and we start to think whats wrong. And neither we all discussed untill now makes us wrong in asking for fixes. There is nothing wrong with that. I keep flying happy with my mavic, only a few minor issues that I workaround but that doesnt mean I cant ask for these fixes and even hope for improvements beyond what was originally provided.
Some just dont care,  and thats fine. Some have lower expectations, some have higher. I think I have higher expectations and as long as I dont expect anything out of reality, there is nothing wrong with not being conformed with current situation.
Right?
2018-8-24
Use props
SirPasta117
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400787 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-23 09:49
What are you looking for in the new firmware.

Aside from bug fixes, I would like to see HyperLapse, CourseLock, and Waypoints added.
2018-8-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ulysses Paiva Posted at 2018-8-24 05:40
I agree... but because other do the same that doesnt make it righ, right? I see too bugs with other tech, especially with my bigger cameras, but manufacturer always try and solve it. I do think we need to wait for firmware fixes, thats part of the game, sure. But sometimes it takes longer and we start to think whats wrong. And neither we all discussed untill now makes us wrong in asking for fixes. There is nothing wrong with that. I keep flying happy with my mavic, only a few minor issues that I workaround but that doesnt mean I cant ask for these fixes and even hope for improvements beyond what was originally provided.
Some just dont care,  and thats fine. Some have lower expectations, some have higher. I think I have higher expectations and as long as I dont expect anything out of reality, there is nothing wrong with not being conformed with current situation.
Right?

As long as I’ve been flying dji drones and it’s quite a while, I have seen all models improve over time through FW and SW, and yes people should complain when something is wrong, and ask for improvement’s if they are possible, but your approach in working around problems, if you can is the best approach with these drones IMHO..
2018-8-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SirPasta117 Posted at 2018-8-24 05:46
Aside from bug fixes, I would like to see HyperLapse, CourseLock, and Waypoints added.

Again that would be great for Mavic Air if possible, but it’s common practice for dji to not offer these upgrades for a period of time after new release.
2018-8-24
Use props
ulfw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281381 ft
Hong Kong

It's clear that DJI wasted zero time on the Mavic Air. The latest firmware is full of bugs, made my drone crash and had to be replaced. Yet they spent all their time on their next-best-thing to sell, the Mavic Pro 2, which got delayed and needed everyone on board to get it done.

We'll see some update but I doubt it'll be much. Air is now basically forgotten like the Spark.
2018-8-24
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4
Brazil

ulfw Posted at 2018-8-24 06:02
It's clear that DJI wasted zero time on the Mavic Air. The latest firmware is full of bugs, made my drone crash and had to be replaced. Yet they spent all their time on their next-best-thing to sell, the Mavic Pro 2, which got delayed and needed everyone on board to get it done.

We'll see some update but I doubt it'll be much. Air is now basically forgotten like the Spark.

I really hope you're wrong. Time will tell. Untill then, we ,anxious people, will suffer.
2018-8-24
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Lol, they're already updating the Mavic 2 Firmware, likely we'll be at  the back of the queue:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-163058-1-1.html
2018-8-24
Use props
ulfw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281381 ft
Hong Kong

Exactly. That's DJI for you. Always focusing on the next-best-thing to sell. I wish there was more serious competition out there. Would put DJI on their toes.
2018-8-24
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ulysses Paiva Posted at 2018-8-24 05:40
I agree... but because other do the same that doesnt make it righ, right? I see too bugs with other tech, especially with my bigger cameras, but manufacturer always try and solve it. I do think we need to wait for firmware fixes, thats part of the game, sure. But sometimes it takes longer and we start to think whats wrong. And neither we all discussed untill now makes us wrong in asking for fixes. There is nothing wrong with that. I keep flying happy with my mavic, only a few minor issues that I workaround but that doesnt mean I cant ask for these fixes and even hope for improvements beyond what was originally provided.
Right?

DJI have a published Support / Spares deprecation schedule on their web site.

It is in line with most HW / SW vendors support schedules.

2018-8-24
Use props
Sanka Nadeera
lvl.2
Flight distance : 253622 ft
United Arab Emirates

yes.. if DJI rush people to buy their new product and leave them alone without satisfying them with new experience .. i also will think twice again before buy another DJI product....
2018-8-25
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310489 ft
United Arab Emirates

Ulysses Paiva Posted at 2018-8-24 02:24
If thats the case, I will think twice before buying a DJI product again. Rushing to launch new products ans leaving previous ones with bugs is a shame.

this actually what is happening , DJI are conducting  their experiments on us , we buy their products and give them feed back about faults and errors then they come up with new innovation and leaving us behind
2018-8-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Amjad1983 Posted at 2018-8-25 09:48
this actually what is happening , DJI are conducting  their experiments on us , we buy their products and give them feed back about faults and errors then they come up with new innovation and leaving us behind

Does that not sound like all tech companies.
2018-8-25
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310489 ft
United Arab Emirates

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-25 09:59
Does that not sound like all tech companies.

exactly like pharmaceutical industry
2018-8-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Ulysses Paiva Posted at 2018-8-23 11:10
Well, the guy himself said half of the department was compromised with the Mavic 2 so maybe now they can take a rest from it, focus on the Air a bit, and when its ok they go back to whatever they do.

the guy himself said half of the department was compromised with the Mavic 2

Only 1/2?  Try more like 7/8ths.  

Being the 1/2 that was compromised was Varsity Team.

so maybe now they can take a rest from it, focus on the Air a bit

Assuming the Varsity Team has not already been tasked with Mavic Air 2 or Mavic Pro 3.
Speaking of, has anyone heard release date for Sonic (aka MP3), and rumored specs?

(Too soon?)

2018-8-25
Use props
enriquefc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1019301 ft
Venezuela

It is unlikely that we will see a FW update before December. So far the DJI App has seen 3 updates since the MP2 Launch, so they are basically working on their new flagship on the fly and very exclusively.

It is a shame that the MA was sidetracked so quickly. If you look it up on eBay it's going for 600 with the fly more combo, whereas the MP and MPP have not dropped that much.

Basically, MA owners looking to buy the MP2 or even a MP or MPP for their stability are killing the second hand market, and the delays on fixing the latency issues, range issues, dud messages, abrupt direction changes and other FW errors is one more cause to dump the air quick before it goes down even more.

Even so, I love the MA and have learned to deal with its limitations. I know I cannot get decent connection after 1.5km (advertised range 4km), I know I cannot get too far out because of instability with motor current error and other errors such as kicking in Begginer Mode, etc., and I know I cannot rely on the full forward stick and expect perfect footage.

DJI, you should really consider placing a team of your "engineers" to work on this exclusively.

I am not buying the MP2 at present for lack of confidence in your ability to iron out the wrinkles accordingly and commit to providing for least part of your merchandising promises.

You could go crazy and launch the Phantom 5 in February and the MP2 would be SOL, as proven by the MA.

Just my 2 cents.
2018-8-25
Use props
Argo_H
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150922 ft
Estonia

@enriquefc
"It is a shame that the MA was sidetracked so quickly."

They made so with Osmo Pro and also Crystalsky software development is always among the last. Do not think they change their tactics. I would not be surprised if the Mavic Air software is not updated anymore.
2018-8-25
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

I am sorry to say, you are right.
2018-8-26
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-25 14:36
Assuming the Varsity Team has not already been tasked with Mavic Air 2 or Mavic Pro 3.
Speaking of, has anyone heard release date for Sonic (aka MP3), and rumored specs?

(Too soon?)

Thats when I would buy a MP2 if it proves worth it.
2018-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules