Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
You PAID way to Much, or DJI is retarded for posting this.
2697 32 2018-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LordoftheFlies
lvl.4

This is just bad business, your Drones have NO resale value whatsoever.
Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 23.38.43.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 11.44.49.png
2018-8-23
Use props
STRIDE8
Captain
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

You are definately getting the short end on this deal.. better off selling on e-bay
2018-8-23
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.4

I think they have officially gotten their balls bigger than their brains. Marketing Dept. FAIL!
2018-8-23
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

LordoftheFlies Posted at 2018-8-23 07:58
I think they have officially gotten their balls bigger than their brains. Marketing Dept. FAIL!

How much do you think your used drone is worth? Curious ..
2018-8-23
Use props
Far_North
First Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

It's an easy way to get your new drone and a credit for your used drone all in one transaction, almost.  Convenience is never cheap.   If you don't think it's fare then don't use it.  It's all about choices and the more choices the better.
2018-8-23
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.4

$500-700, Especially with the awards and accolades this particular model has earned. Certainly not a 50%+ decrease in value on a 2016 release date.
2018-8-23
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.4

Far_North Posted at 2018-8-23 08:09
It's an easy way to get your new drone and a credit for your used drone all in one transaction, almost.  Convenience is never cheap.   If you don't think it's fare then don't use it.  It's all about choices and the more choices the better.

The problem, isn't using it the trade up. The problem is value. selling it anywhere has just gotten that much more difficult. Any conscience drone user will know this feature exist and try snipe the market. And quite honestly, I am not too happy that the company just shaved $500.00 off their products value with no warning or reason.

It is if there are admitting all the problems in the forums are justified bc these drone are just 300 dollars worth of Chinese crap.
2018-8-23
Use props
STRIDE8
Captain
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

I'm sure the number is based off a cost/profit margin number of getting these drones back and putting them out into re-circulation as replacements.
2018-8-23
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.4

Now the Advert makes sense. I see the big picture; sell crap gear. Charge to fix it, release new crap gear, get our crap gear back at more than 1/2 the half the value, and swap more crap gear parts to fix the crap gear. This company is like the BMW of the drone market. Can't blame them, but I won't be using their warranty programs or support. Its all for money. Guess I just have to pop the crap open and fix it myself. #usnavyengineer #engineergrad
2018-8-23
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

Croatia

LordoftheFlies Posted at 2018-8-23 08:09
$500-700, Especially with the awards and accolades this particular model has earned. Certainly not a 50%+ decrease in value on a 2016 release date.

I disagree... Drones today evolve faster than let's say cell phones. And after 2 years, most flagship cell phones lose AT LEAST 50% in value.
2018-8-23
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.4

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-8-23 08:27
I disagree... Drones today evolve faster than let's say cell phones. And after 2 years, most flagship cell phones lose AT LEAST 50% in value.

Oh yeah for sure. I am just used to the optics market retaining value. Company's like Zeiss, Leica, Hasselblad, & their are a few others have stayed relevant by making photography equipment that holds value. I guess its a testament to our times, technology is moving so fast. It's hard to find a position worth investing in.  
2018-8-23
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.4

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-23 08:05
How much do you think your used drone is worth? Curious ..

Don't forget the was for a "NEW" trade in. God knows I don't want to see the value on a used model.
2018-8-23
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

Croatia

LordoftheFlies Posted at 2018-8-23 08:31
Oh yeah for sure. I am just used to the optics market retaining value. Company's like Zeiss, Leica, Hasselblad, & their are a few others have stayed relevant by making photography equipment that holds value. I guess its a testament to our times, technology is moving so fast. It's hard to find a position worth investing in.

Optics is another story... especially with the companies whose equipment was on the Moon and working there. (hasselblad camera with zeiss lens). I am fairly sure that even if M2 is delivered somehow to the Moon it would not manage to take off, lol. And speaking of reselling values in optics there are also some very drastic examples of rapid fall in value... large format cameras.... ppl today don't want to move around heavy and big equipment, finely adjust standards, learn about some serious science, they rather get tilt and shift lens for their mirrorless...
2018-8-23
Use props
rolling56
Captain
United States

LordoftheFlies Posted at 2018-8-23 08:33
Don't forget the was for a "NEW" trade in. God knows I don't want to see the value on a used model.

That wasn't a trick question. How much do you think your drone is worth? No matter what the model. So what do you think?
2018-8-23
Use props
Tridiver
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4459344 ft
  • >>>
United States

LordoftheFlies Posted at 2018-8-23 08:23
Now the Advert makes sense. I see the big picture; sell crap gear. Charge to fix it, release new crap gear, get our crap gear back at more than 1/2 the half the value, and swap more crap gear parts to fix the crap gear. This company is like the BMW of the drone market. Can't blame them, but I won't be using their warranty programs or support. Its all for money. Guess I just have to pop the crap open and fix it myself. #usnavyengineer #engineergrad

Do it then and quit your bitching!!
2018-8-23
Use props
dbparti024
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

This does not make sense, DJI should at least offer 55-60% of the retail value for a trade in value.
2018-8-23
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Honestly, this has no perception of the value of your drone.  Go to the official store and look at what they are still selling a refurbished MP for.  It's like trading a car in at a dealership.  Your always only gonna get half of what the car is really worth.  They'll detail it and mark it up 50%.  DJI will do the same with the drone they buy back from you.  If you want to get more for it, you'll have invest the time in selling it privately.  It's just the high cost of convenience.  
2018-8-23
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.4

rolling56 Posted at 2018-8-23 08:44
That wasn't a trick question. How much do you think your drone is worth? No matter what the model. So what do you think?

Scroll up, it should be the middle wheel or you can use the arrow keys. #agism
2018-8-23
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.4

Tridiver Posted at 2018-8-23 08:45
Do it then and quit your bitching!!

I am sure I posted it in the discussion forum... Could be a mistake though. Nope no mistake.
2018-8-23
Use props
Sho'Nuff
lvl.1
United States

Its simple economics.  If the value of the drone on the resale market is $500-600, DJI cannot pay $500-600 for it because they have to make money.  They are a business and have to make a profit.  Consumer products typically have to have at least a 25-30% profit margin on them to be cost effective for a company to sell.  Remember - DJI is in the business of SELLING drones, not BUYING used ones at a price that is so steep that they cannot effectively resell them.

Whether you are talking about trading in used video games, a used car, etc. the story is the same.  You will never get as much money from the dealer as you will in a private sale.
2018-8-23
Use props
bernardren07
First Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Sho'Nuff Posted at 2018-8-23 09:09
Its simple economics.  If the value of the drone on the resale market is $500-600, DJI cannot pay $500-600 for it because they have to make money.  They are a business and have to make a profit.  Consumer products typically have to have at least a 25-30% profit margin on them to be cost effective for a company to sell.  Remember - DJI is in the business of SELLING drones, not BUYING used ones at a price that is so steep that they cannot effectively resell them.

Whether you are talking about trading in used video games, a used car, etc. the story is the same.  You will never get as much money from the dealer as you will in a private sale.

you have point. +1
2018-8-23
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.4
United States

Sho'Nuff Posted at 2018-8-23 09:09
Its simple economics.  If the value of the drone on the resale market is $500-600, DJI cannot pay $500-600 for it because they have to make money.  They are a business and have to make a profit.  Consumer products typically have to have at least a 25-30% profit margin on them to be cost effective for a company to sell.  Remember - DJI is in the business of SELLING drones, not BUYING used ones at a price that is so steep that they cannot effectively resell them.

Agreed. you should have sat in on their marketing meeting and told them it is a bad idea.
2018-8-23
Use props
rolling56
Captain
United States

LordoftheFlies Posted at 2018-8-23 09:00
Scroll up, it should be the middle wheel or you can use the arrow keys. #agism

Cry baby. We've seen you kind here before Welcome to the real world
2018-8-23
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

LordoftheFlies Posted at 2018-8-23 08:23

#MEllennial #patyourself
2018-8-23
Use props
el pelo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

This is common in any trade up program. They sell a refurbished MP for 799....not surprised they are offering 50% of that.

Like others have said, I would take it to craigslist or eBay.
2018-8-23
Use props
Fraggboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

I chose to put my MPP up on FleaBay.  Even with their fees, I will make more money than their program.
2018-8-23
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>

I don't purchase my toys as an investment.  It's all about the fun.  
2018-8-23
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.4

Jesus, are you dudes getting these drone ads in the reader's digest or something? We're talking about value, the company just told us the drone are worth pickles. Do you have an idea as to why that is, or do you want to go back to playing backgammon with Memaw?
2018-8-23
Use props
Chad Martinez
New

United States

I can't image getting more than 500 for a drone that i paid 1000 for and been using for 1.5 years.
2018-8-23
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.4

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-8-23 10:40
I chose to put my MPP up on FleaBay.  Even with their fees, I will make more money than their program.

Did you do an open bid or a fixed price?
2018-8-23
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.4

Chad Martinez Posted at 2018-8-23 10:52
My aircraft keeps getting DC'ed from the APP.

How far out into your flight?
2018-8-23
Use props
Chad Martinez
New

United States

LordoftheFlies Posted at 2018-8-23 10:53
How far out into your flight?

2 yards. While its still on the ground.
2018-8-23
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.4

Chad Martinez Posted at 2018-8-23 10:54
2 yards. While its still on the ground.

What is your antenna config for the craft and controller. Sorry, I have to ask to get through the basic troubleshooting steps.
2018-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules