Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Parabolic antenna boosters
549 7 2018-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans69a48966
lvl.2

Also I have a question with parabolic antenna if I fly directly above how am I supposed to place my antenna because if I do it how they say in the video than the parabolic will be facing down away from the drone
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, it is not recommended to use the third party accessories as the performance can not be ensured. If you are having issues with the distance, kindly follow the video tutorial below on how to properly position your antennas.Thanks for your understanding.

2018-8-23
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

I've never had the need to install the antenna boosters. On a clear day, I am able to fly a pretty great distance away.
The best antenna position, from what I have found, is to have them at a 45 degree angle out of the controller. So, not straight out, or straight up in down. Right in the middle.
Let me know if you have any other questions!
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

drewhoover Posted at 2018-8-23 09:04
I've never had the need to install the antenna boosters. On a clear day, I am able to fly a pretty great distance away.
The best antenna position, from what I have found, is to have them at a 45 degree angle out of the controller. So, not straight out, or straight up in down. Right in the middle.
Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi, Thank you for the additional help and suggestion. Please let us know if you need our help as well. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-23
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

The curve "catches" the signal...so if flying directly above you, rotate your RC so the extenders are "catching"....or reverse the extenders on the antennae and hold the RC flat/parallel to the ground and position the antennas flat/parallel to the ground.  You really don't need them flying 400' high...they're more for flying a long way away from you (probably illegally out of LOS).  
2018-8-23
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Your "boosters" attempt to make your antennae more directional so the signal is radiated and received from mostly one direction. In this case, keep your antennae perpendicular to the aircraft as in the video, and keep the "boosters" open sides pointed toward it because that's the direction they're trying to focus the signal.

Mine is just a tiny dot, very easy to loose sight of long before it runs out of range.

Trees are pretty opaque to microwave signals like ours.
2018-8-23
Use props
Jo060
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2513104 ft

I've noticed a large distance increase by adding the antenna boosters. I believe about $6 in Amazon.
2018-8-24
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Range increase and rock solid signal between buildings in a city, in a zone with a lot of WiFi interference.
I’m very happy with them!

Safe Flying.
Alex.
2018-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules