Mavic air waypoints
6401 13 2018-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve bell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 697497 ft
United Kingdom

I am wondering if waypoints are going to be made available for the air in the near future, I would really appreciate having this feature!
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We appreciate your suggestions. We can present your request to our engineers for future updates on the feature. We thank you for your continued patronage in DJI. Have a safe flight always.
2018-8-23
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Oh, is it Friday already? Someone asking about waypoints again.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... srchforum=waypoints

TLDR:  Get Litchi.
2018-8-23
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

OneDoesNotSimply Posted at 2018-8-23 14:20

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=104&srchforum=waypoints

Now that I've seen the improved waypoint function on the Mavic Pro 2 I am almost 100% sure that DJI won't implement it on the Mavic Air. I mean, people have major issues since months with the current firmware and DJI didn't bother fixing those yet, let alone adding waypoints. It's obvious that they want people to buy the superior drone to make more money. It's so sad because I love the Mavic Air due to its small size. Even though you can use Litchi to do waypoints it's still no comfort using 2 Apps with different layouts. Also there are bugs when you use both, Litchi and DJI Go. For example, when you change the controller settings in Litchi, it also changes the controller settings in DJI Go but in some random way that the functions of your buttons do completely other things. (e.g. when I change my right button in Litchi to "add waypoint at aircraft" and then fly with GJI Go later on, it opens my camera settings when pressing the right button instead of locking the AE, which I had set the button on before)
2018-8-23
Use props
Steve bell
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So it seems some folk spend their life in here & feel the need to make it known by expressing their boredom in their response to others questions, get a life is my advice!
2018-8-23
Use props
Steve bell
lvl.2
United Kingdom

But many thanks for the replies!!!
2018-8-23
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Yes, get Litchi. Awesome piece of software.
2018-8-23
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.3

Litchi's orbit feature is also miles ahead of the go pro app. all you have to do is drop a pin to input gps coordinates, that would be nice too. but waypoints should be mandatory for any dji drone at this stage in dev.
2018-8-23
Use props
PiVoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158845 ft
Poland

Litchi is not a solution, but a workaround, its pathetic that we have to use 3rd party app to fully enjoy MA.
Also cause, other drones got it, and Litchi shows that MA is fully capable, it show that DJI has MA very deep..
2018-8-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

PiVoR Posted at 2018-8-24 10:04
Litchi is not a solution, but a workaround, its pathetic that we have to use 3rd party app to fully enjoy MA.
Also cause, other drones got it, and Litchi shows that MA is fully capable, it show that DJI has MA very deep..

What other drones, if your referring to dji waypoints in Mavic phantom and inspire, they are pretty rubbish and very few use them, you have to fly your route first and if you want to change it you have to fly it again, it’s just rubbish and you don’t want this, we will see with M2P how much waypoints have improved, but for now litchi is very far ahead of dji waypoints.
2018-8-24
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
United States

As others have said, with other DJI drones you have to fly the waypoints first. With litchi, I can sit on my laptop, plan the mission and then virtually fly the mission in Google Earth. I can also create one directly in the app.

The reason DJI does not allow this (and forces you to pre-fly the mission) is that it is pretty dangerous if you get your heights wrong, especially if there is a tall object between two waypoints of different heights.
Another benefit (and danger) of Litchi is that it keeps running the mission even if you lose signal.

DJI does not want to take all the blame and hassle of people crashing their drones or never seeing their drones again after signal loss. This is not a feature for the masses - there are tons of people already on here crashing just doing simple stuff line of sight. You want those people messing with Waypoints?
2018-8-24
Use props
PiVoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158845 ft
Poland

OneDoesNotSimply Posted at 2018-8-24 12:40
As others have said, with other DJI drones you have to fly the waypoints first. With litchi, I can sit on my laptop, plan the mission and then virtually fly the mission in Google Earth. I can also create one directly in the app.

The reason DJI does not allow this (and forces you to pre-fly the mission) is that it is pretty dangerous if you get your heights wrong, especially if there is a tall object between two waypoints of different heights.

If DJI really didnt want people to crash their drones, there wouldnt be tons of other features that can cause it aswell, and their other drones wouldnt have waypoints also.
2018-8-24
Use props
bapski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56171 ft
United States

pathetic indeed that we have to use a 3rd party app which puts me in the predicament of choosing which app.

ive boiled it down to Litchi  and Autopilot with me leaning towards Autopilot as it seems i may "outgrow" Litchi and then get Autopilot anyways.  I however am leery though with this thought as i seem not to read much about people using Autopilot. case in point is this thread just mentioning Litchi.

so for waypoints, personal use and no complicated shots just yet, is paying for the Autopilot instead of Litchi overkill for me?

thanks...
2018-8-24
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
United States

PiVoR Posted at 2018-8-24 13:26
If DJI really didnt want people to crash their drones, there wouldnt be tons of other features that can cause it aswell, and their other drones wouldnt have waypoints also.

The other DJI drones make you fly the mission first. So you fly somewhere, record a point, fly somewhere else and record another point. This makes it safer because you're flying the mission using the camera and controlling everything. DJI waypoints then just repeat something you already flew.
2018-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules