Panoramas with pro 2
9361 14 2018-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nkbk
lvl.1
Australia

Excuse the noobie question.
I read somewhere that the new Pro camera can't shoot vertically. does this mean the Pro 2 wont be able to do full 360 panoramas like the Air?
And if it does, how many shots does it shoot to be stitched?

Thanks in advance
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Yes, It's true that Mavic 2 Pro will not able to shoot vertically because Mavic 2's gimbal structure is optimized for increased stiffness, meaning that the camera is unable to rotate the full 90° needed to shoot vertically. Don't worry, you can choose the Vertical Mode in Panorama to get a stitched vertical photo. Thank you.
2018-8-23
Use props
nkbk
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-23 15:17
Hi there, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Yes, It's true that Mavic 2 Pro will not able to shoot vertically because Mavic 2's gimbal structure is optimized for increased stiffness, meaning that the camera is unable to rotate the full 90° needed to shoot vertically. Don't worry, you can choose the Vertical Mode in Panorama to get a stitched vertical photo. Thank you.

Thanks for your reply,
so just to clarify, how many shots are taken and how many megapixels are the sphere panoramas shot with the Pro 2

Cheers
2018-8-23
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

This is going to be a fairly irritating feature.  The inbuilt panorama options are rubbish - they offer no control of the number of images, the overlap, the horizon position and so on.
A workaround is likely to be where a scene would require 3 x vertical images you're going to need to do 6 images (top and bottom x 3 across).  So more images, time and post processing required.
2018-8-23
Use props
nkbk
lvl.1
Australia

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-23 16:39
This is going to be a fairly irritating feature.  The inbuilt panorama options are rubbish - they offer no control of the number of images, the overlap, the horizon position and so on.
A workaround is likely to be where a scene would require 3 x vertical images you're going to need to do 6 images (top and bottom x 3 across).  So more images, time and post processing required.

I don't mind the multiple shots and stitching, I know for an example the air has a 25 shot 32MP shere panorama preset, I'm wondering what the Pro2 preset is.

Cheers
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

nkbk Posted at 2018-8-23 16:03
Thanks for your reply,
so just to clarify, how many shots are taken and how many megapixels are the sphere panoramas shot with the Pro 2

Hi there, for Mavic 2 Pro Pano specs, you can refer to the manual below. Or details, please visit here. Thank you so much for your attention. sphere.png
2018-8-23
Use props
stefgo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5081736 ft
France

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-8-23 19:46
Hi there, for Mavic 2 Pro Pano specs, you can refer to the manual below. Or details, please visit here. Thank you so much for your attention.[view_image]

Hum... it is strange that a 12mpx camera of the M2Z can make a same size panorama with the same amount of shot than a 20 mpix camera of the M2P...

I you merge 3X3 pictures of 20 mp and you get 8000X6000 it is impossible to get 8000x6000 pix when merging 3X3 pictures of 12 mpix no ?

2018-8-23
Use props
Dazza Downunder
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-23 15:17

Hi Natalia, when you say cant shoot vertically, do you mean above the horizon or below?

Sorry I'm not familiar with the panorama function, I'm just hoping it shoots directly below the drone i.e. -90 ° if level with the horizon is 0°. Sorry if I totally misunderstood the whole vertical thing and my question is stupid....
2018-8-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is a little bummer indeed.
I use the portrait mode to get higher resolution pano's with more ease manually (you get more vertical resolution and only have to rotate a little with your left stick between the shots.)
2018-8-24
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221476 ft
United Kingdom

They giveth they taketh! Overall though, they giveth more than they taketh
2018-8-24
Use props
Herwig Niggeman
lvl.1

Spherical Panorama on the Mavic 2 Pro then takes 25 photos? Is that correct? (the Mavic Pro took 34 photos to get a spherical panorama).
2018-8-25
Use props
Mike Swiss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2352749 ft
Switzerland

hey i have a question regarding the panorama mode.
i set at the very begining that my MP2 should process them on board automticaly.. now this takes useless battery time
can we change that choice again?

thanks!
2019-1-25
Use props
Mike Swiss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2352749 ft
Switzerland

anyone knows =) thanks  for your help in advance =)
2019-1-27
Use props
Nieminenracing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1346188 ft
Finland

Hello. I need help with Mavic 2 Pro panorama. I have tried to stitch raw photos from 360 photos taken with mavic 360 pano mode. Almost every time stitching fails ? Pictures dont overlap enough? Do i have to use Litchi app to get enough pictures to make 360 panoramas.? Dji should add option to adjust how many pictures drone takes!  Previous mavic takes more photos... Disappointed
2019-2-27
Use props
fansb1327707
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6342037 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I had a dji phantom 4 pro and had no problems with the 360 spherical photos. to 43 photos and they sewed very well.

now with the dji mavic 2 pro it only makes 26 photos and in "dji maker" it does not stitch them all the time. Maybe it's because there are missing photos. I have tried in more app's photoshop, "hugin" etc.

And they all give the same error ... Photos are missing.
In the photo that composes DJI on the remote it looks good. but the originals are impossible to compose.

I do not understand this. dji does not take steps forward ... always backwards.
2019-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules