My ronin s just died
2763 6 2018-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NathanSlade
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, I tried to update the firmware for my brand new ronin s (just received it 4 days ago). I plug the usb cable which is used to charge the ronin s to my laptop usb port. I updated the firmware but it said the update failed. Then one thing happened. Although the power of my ronin S was on - I could see the green light on the modes and the green light on the battery grid, I couldn't control my gimbal at all. No axis works. My ronin s  is just totally off. Anyone knows how to solve it?

tks
2018-8-23
Use props
tonster1908
New

Australia

I had issues with my firmware update as well.  The Ronin S was causing a power surge in my USB port.  Firmware got upgrade to 50%.  Is there a hard reset of this gimbal?
2018-8-23
Use props
Jesaul
lvl.3
Netherlands

Downgrade to the oldest firmware. After that upgrade to the next firmware one by one.
2018-8-24
Use props
NathanSlade
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I try but when I couldn't connect my ronin to the dji assitance app on my PC. There is no signal. I try to connect my ronin with my mobile app but I couldn't too. Anyone faced the similar problem?
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi NathanSlade, sorry for the troubles after the firmware upgrade, may I know if you installed the correct version of DJI Pro Assistant? How about re-installing it or try another computer? If the issue persists, the device will need to be sent in for further evaluation. GTScreenshot_20180827_185255.png
2018-8-27
Use props
cseerveld
lvl.1

United States

This happened to me as well. You guys need to be clearer on your support downloads. I can see how a lot of people will Google "DJI Pro Assistant" and it will take them to the wrong download page.

There's 2 - Ronin Assistant Software v2.5 and DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin v2.0

IF you tried upgrading with the Ronin Assistant Software v2.5 with your Ronin-S it won't work. And IF you tried that, you'll need to then downgrade to an earlier firmware version in the DJI Pro Assistant for Ronin v2.0 and then you can upgrade to the latest version.

Not sure why this isn't clearer.
2018-12-10
Use props
cseerveld
lvl.1

United States

Use this link for Ronin-S https://www.dji.com/ronin-s/info#downloads
2018-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules