SPARK being Jumpy-FIXED TEMPORARILY FOR ANDROID USERS
2455 28 2018-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

OK guys...i have found a temporary solution for the jumping problem.
[/table]
you have to adjust the following parameters in SPARK
g_config_avoid_obstacle_limit_cfg_safe_dis = 2
g_config_control_avoid_atti_range        = 10
These parameters may be accessed only by DJI assistant 2  V 1.12
[table=98%]
it now lands smoothly but you must manually land it. Do not Autoland as it will create the same jumping effect.
Volia solved the issue for android tem
2018-8-23
Use props
Ani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148 ft
India

I was also having the same issue.
Now i have downgraded my spark and RC to the previous firmware.
Now everything is better.
I didn’t tried manual take with Stick combination after downgrade.
But manual landing is now normal.
2018-8-23
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

I have the latest and I haven't had this issue...   Fingers crossed.
2018-8-23
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 2018-8-23 23:25
I have the latest and I haven't had this issue...   Fingers crossed.

Are u using IOS or Android
2018-8-23
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

Ani Posted at 2018-8-23 23:11
I was also having the same issue.
Now i have downgraded my spark and RC to the previous firmware.
Now everything is better.

How did u downgrade the RC firmware ? Can you please mention the procedure .
2018-8-23
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

S.J Posted at 2018-8-23 23:41
Are u using IOS or Android

IOS... -  iPhone 8Plus.
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi S.J, we're sorry to read the troubles. Just to verify, is the Gimbal Motor Overload remains after several restarts? If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support If the unit is under warranty period, we'll offer you a proper solution according to the damage assessment and data analysis result.
2018-8-24
Use props
Ani
lvl.4
India

S.J Posted at 2018-8-23 23:42
How did u downgrade the RC firmware ? Can you please mention the procedure .

Just connect only the RC to phone with wifi.
And keep touching the 3 Bars on top right corner in Dji Go4 app.
And leave it after 5-8 seconds then a screen will popup, there you can select the old firmware.

I am attaching the screenshot where you have to touch and hold.

P.S- The menu will only come when u leave the touch.
For the 1st time I kept holding the 3 Bars for 1 minute and nothing came
E26BE8FB-2DA1-40CF-9F0A-7E05582DBFFE.jpeg
2018-8-24
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-24 03:06
Hi S.J, we're sorry to read the troubles. Just to verify, is the Gimbal Motor Overload remains after several restarts? If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support If the unit is under warranty period, we'll offer you a proper solution according to the damage assessment and data analysis result.

Hi Susan,
Until now when i restart each time the gimbal is ok. Why is DJI screwing up the software . Why dont u test the software before releasing !!
2018-8-24
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

the atti mode still remains on the latest firmware
2018-8-24
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

Ani Posted at 2018-8-24 04:12
Just connect only the RC to phone with wifi.
And keep touching the 3 Bars on top right corner in Dji Go4 app.
And leave it after 5-8 seconds then a screen will popup, there you can select the old firmware.

ill check and reply with my feedback.
2018-8-24
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.3

S.J Posted at 2018-8-24 06:26
Hi Susan,
Until now when i restart each time the gimbal is ok. Why is DJI screwing up the software . Why dont u test the software before releasing !!

Mistakes happen.  I'm sure the software was tested but anyone who has worked with software knows once you release it into the wild unintended things can happen.  No need to get out the torches and pitchforks, just revert to an earlier version and enjoy your flying.
2018-8-24
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Japan

BrandonW77 Posted at 2018-8-24 07:00
Mistakes happen.  I'm sure the software was tested but anyone who has worked with software knows once you release it into the wild unintended things can happen.  No need to get out the torches and pitchforks, just revert to an earlier version and enjoy your flying.

I wish reverting back to an earlier version was that easy !!   How do you revert to an earlier RC firmware
2018-8-24
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.3

S.J Posted at 2018-8-24 07:23
I wish reverting back to an earlier version was that easy !!   How do you revert to an earlier RC firmware

There's literally instructions in this very thread, and it looks quite easy.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 960&pid=1527877
2018-8-24
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Japan

BrandonW77 Posted at 2018-8-24 08:24
There's literally instructions in this very thread, and it looks quite easy.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=162960&pid=1527877

That sure doesn't work !
2018-8-24
Use props
Ani
lvl.4

S.J Posted at 2018-8-24 08:57
That sure doesn't work !

I have downgraded my rc by this method.
I was facing issues in the latest firmware like jumpy take off and landing so downgraded the firmware of AC with Dji assisstance
And downgraded RC using Dji Go4 app.
And I did it on my iPhone 7 plus.
2018-8-24
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Japan

Ani Posted at 2018-8-24 09:12
I have downgraded my rc by this method.
I was facing issues in the latest firmware like jumpy take off and landing so downgraded the firmware of AC with Dji assisstance
And downgraded RC using Dji Go4 app.

oh shees..that's my issue. i am on Android !!   RC cant be downgraded that way !!
2018-8-24
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Japan

OK guys...i have found a temporary solution for the jumping problem.

you have to adjust the following parameters in SPARK
g_config_avoid_obstacle_limit_cfg_safe_dis = 2
g_config_control_avoid_atti_range        = 10

These parameters may be accessed only by DJI assistant 2  V 1.12

it now lands smoothly but you must manually land it. Do not Autoland as it will create the same jumping effect.
Volia solved the issue for android users
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

S.J Posted at 2018-8-24 06:26
Hi Susan,

Hi S.J, I've also read your comments in this link: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=2#pid1529627 Could you keep us updated there? Thanks so much!
2018-8-25
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

Even after doing a RC downgrade to 0.4000 , SPARK is jumping around.  i am still using my temporary solution of manually landing the SPARK to avoid any Gimbal damage.
2018-8-27
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Japan

ok GUYS ....CHECK THIS VIDEO OUT...LOOKS LIKE THE ....THE SENSOR ITSELF IS WORKING CORRECTLY....

2018-10-11
Use props
djiuser_LgEEsOa8YbEV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70292 ft
Colombia

Hi, when you say that the parameters are accessible via DJI Asistant, exactly where in the software can I find this code and re-write it? thank you
2018-10-19
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

djiuser_LgEEsOa8YbEV Posted at 2018-10-19 09:56
Hi, when you say that the parameters are accessible via DJI Asistant, exactly where in the software can I find this code and re-write it? thank you

You have to use a specific version of dji assistant V1.12 to access these parameters. It is meant for advanced users only. Google this version number to learn how to tweak .
After tjis tweak, mine works fine on manual landing  but  on automatic RTH the landing is very hard.   I gave in for dji service and they couldn't find the reason !!
I  believe the software algorithim for the downward sensor sensing has been changed and this has also affected the forward obstacle sensor sensing.
2018-10-19
Use props
chris333j
lvl.1

France

S.J Posted at 2018-10-19 16:26
You have to use a specific version of dji assistant V1.12 to access these parameters. It is meant for advanced users only. Google this version number to learn how to tweak .
After tjis tweak, mine works fine on manual landing  but  on automatic RTH the landing is very hard.   I gave in for dji service and they couldn't find the reason !!
I  believe the software algorithim for the downward sensor sensing has been changed and this has also affected the forward obstacle sensor sensing.

"I  believe the software algorithim for the downward sensor sensing has been changed and this has also affected the forward obstacle sensor sensing."
So I'm sure because  after update the last firmware into my spark and try the "gesture piloting" in dji go 4 i have the same problem : strange height, no front off obstacle and no landing "bip". All seem to be desactivated . I try to change firmware, reset factory, uninstall dji go... no effect (( Could you help me plz ?
2019-10-19
Use props
chris333j
lvl.1

France

https://youtu.be/zX5XEKwzVI0
2019-10-19
Use props
MartyTravels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394173 ft
Thailand

Guys, down- or upgrading you firmware doesn't solve anything. It's just a matter of time until it will strike again. I had this issue with every firmware version. If you change the firmware, or reinstall the firmware, or calibrate the IMU it will work for a period of time, but eventually it will come back. Trust me, I sometimes had month in between where I thought....yeah you fixed it....and then it just crashed into the beach.

Edit: Right now it works great on the most current firmware but I know I need to be carefull ;-)

2019-10-20
Use props
fans8577bdce
lvl.1

France

MartyTravels Posted at 10-20 00:55
Guys, down- or upgrading you firmware doesn't solve anything. It's just a matter of time until it will strike again. I had this issue with every firmware version. If you change the firmware, or reinstall the firmware, or calibrate the IMU it will work for a period of time, but eventually it will come back. Trust me, I sometimes had month in between where I thought....yeah you fixed it....and then it just crashed into the beach.

Edit: Right now it works great on the most current firmware but I know I need to be carefull ;-)

So, what can we do ?
2019-10-22
Use props
MartyTravels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394173 ft
Thailand

Well, according to S-e-ven DJI repaired his Spark. So you could send it in and hope for the best. Apart from that is not much you can do.
2019-10-22
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

chris333j Posted at 10-19 02:11
"I  believe the software algorithim for the downward sensor sensing has been changed and this has also affected the forward obstacle sensor sensing."
So I'm sure because  after update the last firmware into my spark and try the "gesture piloting" in dji go 4 i have the same problem : strange height, no front off obstacle and no landing "bip". All seem to be desactivated . I try to change firmware, reset factory, uninstall dji go... no effect (( Could you help me plz ?

Hi
I got it finally fixed in the same DJI store. They changed the whole motherboard for 120$ .
2019-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules