How to have good balance when in briefcase mode?
2354 2 2018-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Karl Allemyr
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi DJI forum members.

I have tried to solve my issue for a few days, and cant get my head around it.

Is it possible to have good balance with a Ronin M in briefcase mode?

I made a video that I uploaded to Youtube that's describing the issue:

Please check the video.

My camera weighs 1.75kg which is far below 3.6kg of the Ronin M spec. I'am not even close to get a good balance in briefcase mode.
The original pan axis just want to go to middle and lay horisontal.

Please help
2018-8-24
Use props
Karl Allemyr
lvl.1

Sweden

I don't know if this is a 3 axis gimbal issue to not get good balance on the pan axis or only a Ronin flaw. I've find some stuff on this issue but not too much, on REDUSER forum I've read about it.

Shot this yesterday, but when going to a angle with the handle bar that isn't perfectly horisontal I get oscillation happening. When the Ronin is leveled the image looks like this above which is perfect! I would say when going beyond 3 degrees the Ronin gets to much out of balance and vibration starts.

Do a 3 axis gimbal need to stay perfectly horisontal leveled all the time?

Is briefcase mode therefore only a gimmic that really doesn't work if the user have high preferences in the produced image quality?

Took some screen shots from PotatoJets Youtube video, balance with the pan axis towards/and angle like handlebar gets its off balance when the direction of the camera is 90 degrees from that, when you start the Ronin pan axis gets off balance.

Pan Axis small.jpg
2018-9-4
Use props
Karl Allemyr
lvl.1

Sweden

Karl Allemyr Posted at 9-4 05:50
I don't know if this is a 3 axis gimbal issue to not get good balance on the pan axis or only a Ronin flaw. I've find some stuff on this issue but not too much, on REDUSER forum I've read about it.

Hi!

Maybe this is a very specific question in this thread.

But my guess is that this is an issue on all gimbals like this Ronin M. Even if it is a Movi gimbal or another brand. Well not to big of a problem I just need to keep the handlar exactly leveled to the horisontal axis all the time, horisontal flat to be more clear when I shoot with any focal lenght above 50mm, 85mm will be my choice for long ones for now on.

I'am very glad I find a good way to find the perfect balance and after that a way to get the exactly right motor stiffness settings.

Happy shooting!

If you want, please write your take on it if you have had the same thoughts about getting very good gimbal balance for more complicated focal lengths.
2018-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules