Failed Firmware Update for X5 camera
1667 8 2018-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansab6a470b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Long story cut short. I had a failed firmware update last week on my X5 camera. I spoke with DJI, they went through it with me and tried again over the phone but no luck. They informed me that they don't usually charge for firmware issues and asked me to send it back. It is out of warranty. Yesterday, just a couple of hours after it arrived back with them they sent me a proforma invoice for 330 Euros for a new main board! There was no issue with the camera before the firmware upgrade.

I contacted DJi Support by phone and they asked me to email them. I did so and this morning came back an email asking me to email my query to exactly the same email address that the original email was sent to. Again I called and was advised to send it again to the email address that I had aleready sent it to. I wonder if someone from DJI support could pick this up My case number is CAS-2127977-C0F4F5

I have read many other stories of failed firmware updates all of which seem to have the same result in no charges being levied on the repair. It is afterall just a software issue and not a hardware issue unless updating the camera with the firmware provided by DJI causes a physical failure of the camera that can not be repaired? In which case I still can not understand how this can break the board physically.

Perhaps I am being unfair expecting something to be repaired free that was working fine and never had any crash damage or anything cause to break before?

2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we sincerely apologize for the troubles. This case has been escalated to the management for check, they will review your case and contact you during the working time. Appreciate your understanding.
2018-8-24
Use props
fansab6a470b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Many thanks for stepping in and referring this to management. I have had notification that you are now repairing this free of charge.
2018-8-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansab6a470b Posted at 2018-8-24 03:51
Many thanks for stepping in and referring this to management. I have had notification that you are now repairing this free of charge.

That's great! The tracking number will be sent to you as soon as the package shipped. Hope we can figure this out soon.
2018-8-24
Use props
tom tom tom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4524908 ft
Croatia

Hi!

I have a similar problem after upgrading X5 camera, the encoder unit upgrade failed, image transmission is not working.
I sent the  I1 + x5 to DJI distributor in Croatia, they send it to the bigger service center (I think Germany).
They quoted me 233€ (euros) for
- Servis DJI - Image Processing Module x1
-Repair Service Fee x1

Regardless of the fact that the unit is not under warranty anymore, this problem is caused by faulty firmware. Before updating, everything was working perfectly.

I don't have a case number as the local DJI distributor handled it, but I do have a serial number of X5 camera;  058DCI12000826

Can you please help me to get this solved.

Thank you in advance.

2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

tom tom tom Posted at 2018-10-25 02:30
Hi!

I have a similar problem after upgrading X5 camera, the encoder unit upgrade failed, image transmission is not working.

Hi Tom, I managed to get your case number via the camera SN and checking the exact status with the team. May I have your contact information? We'll keep you updated on the latest progress, thank you!
2018-10-25
Use props
tom tom tom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4524908 ft
Croatia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-25 03:42
Hi Tom, I managed to get your case number via the camera SN and checking the exact status with the team. May I have your contact information? We'll keep you updated on the latest progress, thank you!

HI, thank you for your prompt reply.  I've PM'd  you with a tracking number and my contact. Thank you!
2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

tom tom tom Posted at 2018-10-25 06:48
HI, thank you for your prompt reply.  I've PM'd  you with a tracking number and my contact. Thank you!

PM has been replied, please check, thanks.
2018-10-25
Use props
Edugonzalezo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 491089 ft
  • >>>

tom tom tom Posted at 2018-10-25 02:30
Hi!

Hello friend, my Insipire Pro has the same problem with the X5, the gimbal levels, takes photos and video directly on the microSD for not transmitting video, it may have the same problem as your camera, you have the exact name of the part that did DJI change on your camera? I have searched "Image Processing Module" and I can't find it as a spare part anywhere or if you have a picture of the part that was changed and where it is located to try to remove it from another X5 camera. Thank you
2019-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules