New Mavic 2 Firmware Released (11/23/2023)
42768 287 2018-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

Techwizard “Skip” Skipfx Posted at 2018-9-26 01:57
Having real trouble getting Mavic pro 2 zoom to update firmware? Any ideas?

Hi there, may I have more details of the update firmware troubles? Do you update the firmware via DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2? Is there any error message when the update failed? We'd like to check the exact status.
2018-9-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

renedx Posted at 2018-9-27 02:33
Received it (sadly without iOS connector cable... oops), but I'm checking with the NL office if it would be possible to pick one up at their office today. Thanks for the updates and the fast RMA replacement.

Sorry about this. I have forwarded this to the local team, they will review and arrange for you during the working time. Appreciate your support and patience.
2018-9-27
Use props
renedx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31230 ft
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-27 04:51
Sorry about this. I have forwarded this to the local team, they will review and arrange for you during the working time. Appreciate your support and patience.

We've resolved this with the NL office, they didn't like us walking by. But whatever, its fixed
2018-9-28
Use props
Kgwild
lvl.1

Dear dji Susan can you tell me if precision landing will be coming to mavic 2 pro.
2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

renedx Posted at 2018-9-28 01:48
We've resolved this with the NL office, they didn't like us walking by. But whatever, its fixed

That's OK. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us. Wish you have a good time!
2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kgwild Posted at 2018-9-28 07:55
Dear dji Susan can you tell me if precision landing will be coming to mavic 2 pro.

Hi Kgwild, after carefully considering customers’ feedback, we have decided to add the Precision Landing function for the Mavic 2. This feature will be released in a future firmware update. Thanks for your patience and support.
2018-9-28
Use props
edeone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164685 ft
Germany

moin moin susan one of the key functions, the mavic 2 pro / zoom for me is the waypoints mode (i know it will be redelivered). I would just like to know, WHEN ?? 2018, 2019 or 2020 ???? ;) it would be very nice who dji the community of buyers would not treat like little kids. So please ask your people and give us some info.  best regards and i wish you a nice day Marko
2018-9-29
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

Just installed mine.
2018-9-30
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-26 01:33
Hi there, the dual-controller of Mavic 2 series will be available in the future. Our engineers are working on it and will release on our website as soon as it is ready. Thanks for your support and patience.

I commented today on the MP-2 secondary RC capabilities.

I too would like to see the secondary/slave controller with total camera mobility...i.e. both PAN and TILT.

Susan, any idea if that might happen?
2018-9-30
Use props
SectorDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Cannot update my Mavic Zoom from DJI GO from Crystal Sky ...

I cannot download the package.

Rebooted all .. no help

Pls help..
2018-9-30
Use props
--Dru--
lvl.1
Flight distance : 319573 ft
Australia

Cant get the firmware upgrade to work, just upgraded to Mavic 2 Zoom  from the Pro and have probs when trying to download the latest upgrade. Its telling me connection failed when internet connection is fine ???
2018-9-30
Use props
edeone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164685 ft
Germany

--Dru-- Posted at 2018-9-30 23:22
Cant get the firmware upgrade to work, just upgraded to Mavic 2 Zoom  from the Pro and have probs when trying to download the latest upgrade. Its telling me connection failed when internet connection is fine ???

@ Dru

use the dji go 4 app or the Assistant 2 software. there seems to be problems with the Assistant 2 software.
2018-10-1
Use props
DedeMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 649403 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I tried updating with three different android phones and it failed. Error was something like connection failed or no internet... tried with my iPad and it worked on the first try. Maybe there is an issue with updating the firmware using android?
2018-10-1
Use props
bornstar1713
lvl.1

India

Excellent...............
2018-10-1
Use props
--Dru--
lvl.1
Australia

Yep
Tried with my Ipad as well and had no issues
2018-10-1
Use props
--Dru--
lvl.1
Australia

Here's the reply from DJI
Looks like some more work is needed for other platforms than IOS

Dear Andrew,

Glad to hear that the issue was resolved.

Your valuable input is greatly received. The app is optimized for the iOs platform and more customers are actually using iOs devices because of its stability. However, our engineers are in a continuous process of making the Android compatible with the app, especially with the most current platform version, Android Pie. We are sure it will not be that long and you can use your Android device as well.

For the meantime, please use the iOs device to ensure that all features will be fully functional and reliable.

2018-10-1
Use props
--Dru--
lvl.1
Australia

The big question is can I fly with the Samsung S6 I normally use (dont have a Mount for my Ipad just yet). Hooked up the S6 after the update and it seemed to work OK with all function ON THE GROUND haven't tried flying yet .
Ill keep you posted
2018-10-1
Use props
brfr2005
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-31 02:25
Rich, the waypoints is coming soon. We'll release as soon as it is ready.

Any update on when we can expect this? 2018? 2019?
2018-10-3
Use props
DedeMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 649403 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

--Dru-- Posted at 2018-10-1 23:14
The big question is can I fly with the Samsung S6 I normally use (dont have a Mount for my Ipad just yet). Hooked up the S6 after the update and it seemed to work OK with all function ON THE GROUND haven't tried flying yet .
Ill keep you posted

I'm in the same boat. I have an S7 edge dedicated to flying. I have the bare minimum apps installed in order to avoid possible issues. Never had any problems with my Mavic Pro. I occasionally use my iPad for flying.
I also didn't find any issues using Android after updating with iOS. Hope the issue is solely related to upgrading the firmware.
Let me know if they come back to you with more info.

Thanks!
2018-10-5
Use props
henley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41650 ft
United Kingdom

Couldn't update with either mine or my wife's Android phones. After some Googling found that we have to use the desktop app instead. Not very confidence building that one of the first things we experienced after buying such an expensive piece of equipment is the software failing to do updates. I'm surprised iOS is considered the leading platform, it can't be by much and must be falling year on year.
2018-10-5
Use props
Millsy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 499285 ft
Canada

I alerted @djisupport to an issue with the elevation being wrong in the exif data back Aug 30th. They said it would be fixed on this firmware update. I notice it does not show in the changelogs, and my Mavic 2 is still writing the altitude in the hundreds of millions of meters.  See example taken yesterday after updating firmware.
2018-10-9
Use props
Alien5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47762 ft

I have both a pro 2 and a zoom with the zoom being purchased first. After struggling with updating the firmware in my Spark, the zoom updated via the assistant in 15-20 minutes. A couple of days ago I tried updating the pro 2 and the assistant kept crashing. Frustrated I uninstalled the assistant, downloaded it again and reinstalled. Again in 15-20 minutes the pro 2 was updated and ready for activation. I am by no means very computer literate but I can screw up with the best of them. Just something else to try?
2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

edeone Posted at 2018-9-29 00:56
moin moin susan one of the key functions, the mavic 2 pro / zoom for me is the waypoints mode (i know it will be redelivered). I would just like to know, WHEN ?? 2018, 2019 or 2020 ???? ;) it would be very nice who dji the community of buyers would not treat like little kids. So please ask your people and give us some info.  best regards and i wish you a nice day Marko

Hi Marko, sorry for the late response as I just come back from the holiday. We have not got the estimated schedule of the Waypoints 2.0 for Mavic 2 for now. If there is an update, we'll release on our website at the first time, hope for your understanding.
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

geoffz Posted at 2018-9-30 20:50
I commented today on the MP-2 secondary RC capabilities.

I too would like to see the secondary/slave controller with total camera mobility...i.e. both PAN and TILT.

Hello geoffz, the dual remote controller mode will be available soon. For more details, we‘ll release on our website as soon as it is ready. Appreciate your attention.
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SectorDrone Posted at 2018-9-30 21:03
Cannot update my Mavic Zoom from DJI GO from Crystal Sky ...

I cannot download the package.

Hi SectorDrone, the V4.3.0 for CrystalSky has been released for a while, you may go to DJI GO/DJI GO 4 App> "Me"> "Settings" and click "Check for Update", then follow the steps to update to see whether it works. Also, please make sure the unit has been connected with the internet well during the progress.
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

--Dru-- Posted at 2018-10-1 22:55
Yep
Tried with my Ipad as well and had no issues

Hi Dru, thanks for keeping us updated. Glad to hear the upgrade is successful now. Generally, it is recommended to update the firmware via DJI Assistant 2, you may refer to the tutorial video here:
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

brfr2005 Posted at 2018-10-3 13:22
Any update on when we can expect this? 2018? 2019?

Sorry for keeping you waiting. If there is an update, we'll release on our website at the first time.
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Millsy Posted at 2018-10-9 10:40
I alerted @djisupport to an issue with the elevation being wrong in the exif data back Aug 30th. They said it would be fixed on this firmware update. I notice it does not show in the changelogs, and my Mavic 2 is still writing the altitude in the hundreds of millions of meters.  See example taken yesterday after updating firmware.

Millsy, our engineers are working on the new firmware. We'll release as soon as it is ready.
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Alien5 Posted at 2018-10-9 15:11
I have both a pro 2 and a zoom with the zoom being purchased first. After struggling with updating the firmware in my Spark, the zoom updated via the assistant in 15-20 minutes. A couple of days ago I tried updating the pro 2 and the assistant kept crashing. Frustrated I uninstalled the assistant, downloaded it again and reinstalled. Again in 15-20 minutes the pro 2 was updated and ready for activation. I am by no means very computer literate but I can screw up with the best of them. Just something else to try?

Alien, may I know what's the current status? Has the Mavic 2 Pro been activated successfully?
2018-10-10
Use props
daishi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106325 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-10 04:03
Millsy, our engineers are working on the new firmware. We'll release as soon as it is ready.

Why don’t you guys at least release a rough timeframe when the update will be released?
This would also stop the constant asking for it...
2018-10-10
Use props
fans6f431451
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8410056 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I have Mavic 2 pro, and I want to fly my mavic 2 with the custom fix 5.8ghz channel, is there a way to fix the setting with my app without having need to reset it every time before I fly?  
2018-10-10
Use props
gamer100
New

Iran

wow this is good
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

daishi Posted at 2018-10-10 04:30
Why don’t you guys at least release a rough timeframe when the update will be released?
This would also stop the constant asking for it...

Hi daishi, we do not receive any news about this for now and do not want to give you false information as well. Appreciate your understanding.
2018-10-11
Use props
djiuser_iLy1AxR0Sj9u
lvl.1
United States

Not sure if it's a bug or isolated to my drone. After installing the new firmware I noticed something weird. After switching to tripod mode the lateral vision sensors seem to be disabled even in this mode. Cycling through all modes didn't seem to change anything during the process lateral sensors were red (disabled)
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans6f431451 Posted at 2018-10-10 06:33
I have Mavic 2 pro, and I want to fly my mavic 2 with the custom fix 5.8ghz channel, is there a way to fix the setting with my app without having need to reset it every time before I fly?

Update: Just got an update from the team that in Dual mode, the unit will select 2.4G or 5.8G according to the environment as it might be different for every time. We sincerely you using the auto mode. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_iLy1AxR0Sj9u Posted at 2018-10-11 18:57
Not sure if it's a bug or isolated to my drone. After installing the new firmware I noticed something weird. After switching to tripod mode the lateral vision sensors seem to be disabled even in this mode. Cycling through all modes didn't seem to change anything during the process lateral sensors were red (disabled)

We've received some feedback about this and have forwarded to our engineers to check the exact status. We'll keep you updated on the latest progress, thanks for your patience.
2018-10-12
Use props
djiuser_zl0Qi7BAX97t
New

How can I check for firmware updates?
2018-10-18
Use props
henley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41650 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_zl0Qi7BAX97t Posted at 2018-10-18 02:26
How can I check for firmware updates?

The DJi Go app (available from the Apple Store or Google Play Store) should be downloaded and used to connect to your drone. Once connected, the app will check the firmware and let you know if you need to update. If you have an Android device, currently you may need to update with the DJi Assistant software available for Windows and OSX. you'll need a cable to connect your Mavic to your PC and you may need to update the firmware in each battery as well.
2018-10-21
Use props
Francesco Signorini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38104 ft
Italy

The app for android is impossible to use..
2018-11-2
Use props
Millsy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 499285 ft
Canada

Just confirming that the latest update did fix the photo Altitude error I was having with my Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you.
2018-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules