5901 21 2018-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SirLurksalot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 137487 ft
United States

Hey all,

Has anyone ever used a Itelite DBS Range Extender Antenna?  I was looking at the 4Hawks extenders but I ran across the Itelite and it's about $50-$100 cheaper depending the model of the 4Hawks.  Just wondering if anyone has any real-world experience using one?  Or, alternatively, the 4Hawks?

I'm looking to extend my range / reliability in urban settings.

https://www.itedbs.com/product-page/sparkwaveduo
2018-8-24
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

I had one (have one but dont use my Yuneec) on my Q500PoS, it does work, quite well in fact for up to 5 rediculous miles or something to that effect. Its a good accessory in my book although I have not used it on a DJI product and see no use for it on a spark. I live somewhere between the Verizon and AT&T world headquarters buildings here in Colorado (the absolute definitive definition of wifi pollution) and have nearly zero problems, I dont see why you would want to fly the spark that far anyway, its a job for a mavic or phantom etc etc.
2018-8-24
Use props
SirLurksalot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 137487 ft
United States

SkinJob2501 Posted at 2018-8-24 12:08
I had one (have one but dont use my Yuneec) on my Q500PoS, it does work, quite well in fact for up to 5 rediculous miles or something to that effect. Its a good accessory in my book although I have not used it on a DJI product and see no use for it on a spark. I live somewhere between the Verizon and AT&T world headquarters buildings here in Colorado (the absolute definitive definition of wifi pollution) and have nearly zero problems, I dont see why you would want to fly the spark that far anyway, its a job for a mavic or phantom etc etc.

Thanks!  As for why I want one for the Spark, it's because where I live there is tons of wifi interference.  I can get no more than 1/4 mile before I start to lose signal.  I really don't want it so much for the Spark anyway, but I like this model because if I upgrade to a Mavic Air at some point, I can use the same booster.

I'm starting to like little quads so I'm thinking the Mavic Air might be my next drone.  They don't draw nearly as much attention as larger drones like my Xiaomi Mi 4k drone.  I like my Mi drone, but it's waaay to noisy to fly anywhere near my house.
2018-8-24
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I was thinking of getting the 4hawks for my spark so that I have solid signal and longer range BUT I tried the parabolic range extenders and to my surprise I get rock solid signal and the range that I did not go to the max yet( always turning around myself) and I got 2km no problem and as I said I could have gone further, gonna try it soon
So as it turns out for me, the 4hawks is not necessary in the end, the parabolic range extenders do just fine.

Safe flying.
Alex.
2018-8-25
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Just curious does it work? And how much range you get after using it?
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Just a friendly reminder, we don't suggest using the unauthorized third-party accessories like antennas booster/extender. If the connection distance between the RC and AC is short, please try to adjust the antenna by following the video tutorial below. Sometimes the flight environment is also a big factor, fly in a wide place with less interference. Thanks for your understanding.

2018-8-25
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

Alex Batalov Posted at 2018-8-25 01:27
I was thinking of getting the 4hawks for my spark so that I have solid signal and longer range BUT I tried the parabolic range extenders and to my surprise I get rock solid signal and the range that I did not go to the max yet( always turning around myself) and I got 2km no problem and as I said I could have gone further, gonna try it soon
So as it turns out for me, the 4hawks is not necessary in the end, the parabolic range extenders do just fine.

No need for getting any Extenders  !!

use the inbuilt power available on DJI from the following link.

http://dji.retroroms.info/howto/ ... iled_video_tutorial
2018-8-25
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

S.J. That is very interesting.
I wish I knew how to do that.
Looks complicated.

Safe flying.
Alex.
2018-8-25
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Japan

Alex Batalov Posted at 2018-8-25 04:25
S.J. That is very interesting.
I wish I knew how to do that.
Looks complicated.

Attached a file (1.5 watts  TX power) which u must place the same in folder \Android\data\dji.go.v4\files) folder.
Also rename the file as " dot DJI dot configs "file
DJ GO4 app v 4.1.10 and V4.1.12  works well with this config file.

This should give you more power than CE . But take care not to use the RC / AC place  in very hot environment .

.DJI.configs.zip

180 Bytes, Down times: 5

.DJI.configs

2018-8-25
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

I’m already on FCC. Will this benefit me if I’m on fcc now?
2018-8-25
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

Alex Batalov Posted at 2018-8-25 07:25
I’m already on FCC. Will this benefit me if I’m on fcc now?

FCC is giving you only 0.4 watts power. CE mode gives 0.025 watts power. whereas the DJI rc is capable of giving you 1.5 watts power. So imagine what it can do ?)
All this power is already available in the RC and AC !! it is just that they limited it.
2018-8-25
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Wow, just wow.
But I’m afraid to try it because I don’t want to mess things up or brake something in the app.
2018-8-25
Use props
Harvey Paran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347707 ft
Philippines

SkinJob2501 Posted at 2018-8-24 12:08
I had one (have one but dont use my Yuneec) on my Q500PoS, it does work, quite well in fact for up to 5 rediculous miles or something to that effect. Its a good accessory in my book although I have not used it on a DJI product and see no use for it on a spark. I live somewhere between the Verizon and AT&T world headquarters buildings here in Colorado (the absolute definitive definition of wifi pollution) and have nearly zero problems, I dont see why you would want to fly the spark that far anyway, its a job for a mavic or phantom etc etc.

Hi SkinJob2501.

About that.

What if, say, I wanted to install the Wi-Fi Repeater to boost the signal.

Would it affect the quality of the video/photo if it goes way beyond its normal limit?

The main reason I want to go further is for better fly away shots and coverage.

Regards,
Harvey
2018-8-29
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

S.J Posted at 2018-8-25 11:33
FCC is giving you only 0.4 watts power. CE mode gives 0.025 watts power. whereas the DJI rc is capable of giving you 1.5 watts power. So imagine what it can do ?)
All this power is already available in the RC and AC !! it is just that they limited it.

Did you try it yourself S.J. on your Spark ?

Can you upload a tutorial video or sample video of the range you managed to achieve ?

Cheers Buddy !

2018-8-29
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-8-29 05:55
Did you try it yourself S.J. on your Spark ?

Can you upload a tutorial video or sample video of the range you managed to achieve ?

i really would like to place a video . Unfortunately these  last two to three months the weather here is having high GUST wind.   
Even I am curious to know the result. Also i have to fly this using V4.10 or V4.12 DJI GO4 App. Will you keep you posted within the next few days.
2018-8-29
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

Harvey Paran Posted at 2018-8-29 05:32
Hi SkinJob2501.

About that.

Repeaters are used atleast midway between the router and the PC equipment along the distance location . how do you use repeaters here !!
2018-8-29
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

Alex Batalov Posted at 2018-8-25 12:53
Wow, just wow.
But I’m afraid to try it because I don’t want to mess things up or brake something in the app.

Nothing will happen . I have already loaded it once and used it inside my home.  That is where I saw a boosted BLUE signal during take off  !!
But unfortunately I have not used it outside. Also i'am changing version of DJI GO4 app many times  for various reasons,. You have to fly this on Version 4.10 or 4.12 .
There was no heat on the RC but i noticed that the battery level came one LED down in just 1 flight on the RC !!

i'll keep you posted on the outcome.
2018-8-29
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer

Spain

Keep us updated, but I thought that we already established that the boost fcc works only on Mavic Pro 1.

Fly safe everyone.
Alex.
2018-8-29
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

Harvey Paran Posted at 2018-8-29 05:32
Hi SkinJob2501.

About that.

It will void your warrany, you cant fly much further than the battery will Allow, something like 11 minutes at 30 mile per hour, ive seen about 9500 feet....
2018-9-9
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

S.J Posted at 2018-8-29 09:48
i really would like to place a video . Unfortunately these  last two to three months the weather here is having high GUST wind.   
Even I am curious to know the result. Also i have to fly this using V4.10 or V4.12 DJI GO4 App. Will you keep you posted within the next few days.

No, I plant on keeping my spark stock so I can enjoy my warranty and Care/protect in the case something unfortunate happens. Anyone else is willing to do what they want. Id be happy to try an undo and then retry to install the module on my yuneec q500, which has crashed due to the use of the extender and has since become inoperable, at least due to my unwillingness to repair it since I purchased the Spark.
2018-9-9
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

S.J Posted at 2018-8-29 09:49
Repeaters are used atleast midway between the router and the PC equipment along the distance location . how do you use repeaters here !!

This is a directional signal booster using a neutrally charged panel that directs the signal farther and with a more concentrated beam towards the aircraft, but in a larger beam than the original pattern than the antennae. If you are unfamiliar there are many youtube tutorials.

This type of extender or booster is meant for a larger aircraft with a longer range and larger battery life than the spark is capable. Currently our radios have a very good range, this would be better suited for a self built aircraft and a radio like the frysky or Tyranus if you where flying a craft like the Chamelion or Rooster LR from Armattan.....

Learn to fly your spark and enjoy it. Its not a long range FPV rig, its a spark. Instead of spending money on this signal booster, build a FPV rig and learn the ins and outs of it first before you go and buy a booster like this. its not really worth it for our spark in any way shape or form. If you require a better signal, get some parabolic reflectors, they work, are cheap and DONT VOID YOuR warranty!

_SkinJob2501
2018-9-9
Use props
packman507
New

United States

I bought one from Itelite Company.  I had it shipped to me.  I then mailed it with my remote controller for my DJI Phantom 3 Drone I owned back then to DJI.  I paid them to install it so it would not effect the warranty.  I got it back to which it flew 1 and 9/10 of a mile further.

I now own a DJI Mavic Pro, a DJI Phantom 4 plus a DJI Phantom 3 Professional to which I plan on just shipping to Itelite DBS Extender Company to get them to install antennas on all of my drones.

Terry Foster
2019-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules