Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bugs/critters !
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Reds2tall55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1159409 ft

So I see now where all the color is coming from on my props/blades after a flight ... Apparently I’m going threw or being chased by bugs of some sort. I say this because a couple times now I’ve landed and my blades have goo and blood and just out right nasty stuff on a couple of them... Well my camera finally picked up what’s going on. Poor little critters ....lol  like a bug to the windshield or fly to a bug light it’s all over but the fall to the ground. I’m sorry but I find this kind of amusing. Ya I know I’m old.. lol. I got to get the pic uploaded so you can see the look on that locust or grass hopper or beetle what ever it was it’s eyes got as big as it’s butt as I went by slicing and dicing.. Oh wait I’m sorry if there is critter people out there ... I’m not doing it on purpose.....
2018-8-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Windex, Works a treat... wiping away the bloody carcass & carnage. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2018-8-24
Use props
Reds2tall55
Second Officer

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-24 16:37

I let my dog lick it off then I make sure my wife gets a big wet kiss from Buster ... oh wait... oh hell then she kisses me... Man I’m a dork that did not work out right. Lol !
2018-8-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-24 16:51
I let my dog lick it off then I make sure my wife gets a big wet kiss from Buster ... oh wait... oh hell then she kisses me... Man I’m a dork that did not work out right. Lol !

Best get it right the first time.

You lick the bugs, then kiss the dog...  haha

RedHotPoker

2018-8-24
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-24 16:51

Bahaha now thats funny. Made me laugh but the handbrake cringed.
2018-8-24
Use props
Reds2tall55
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-24 18:25

Lmao.. made me even laugh....
2018-8-24
Use props
Reds2tall55
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-24 18:25

2018-8-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-24 20:53

Yes... mmmnnn!!
07722107-2DD7-4FBB-9650-8C87111D58CC.jpeg
23AB6CC4-EA0A-4ACD-B82B-1203CE7DC98E.jpeg

13CEB5FB-DE6E-47E6-B2BC-581A0E803DDE.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2018-8-24
Use props
Reds2tall55
Second Officer

That one pic with the persons tongue sticking out towards that huge bug made my skin crawl but gave me a idea . I went to the store and bought a bag o bugs and rubbed the biggest one on a piece of ham and made sure the wife was around and gave it to the dog and left outside and it worked .. you could hear my honey saying .. Buster what do you got... then a almighty scream . I was laughing so hard I almost pee’d myself... it’s a good thing I wear depends lmao..... funny stuff.. thanks for the smile and laugh I needed both.
2018-8-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Laughter is the best medicine.

You sicko!! J/K Hahaha

Poor dog... Chuckles
5C46EBF5-C7EF-48E6-ADFE-A4162FE74CC0.jpeg
All them nightmares... ;-)

RedHotPoker

2018-8-25
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-24 16:37

I used windex also to clean the blood from  mosquitoes  Off of my blades but my dad thinks it might cause the  plastic to deteriorate over time   This might be true but I’m replacing mine after 6months anyways. Do you think he could be right ?
2018-9-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Sayhelloforme Posted at 2018-9-8 09:55
I used windex also to clean the blood from  mosquitoes  Off of my blades but my dad thinks it might cause the  plastic to deteriorate over time   This might be true but I’m replacing mine after 6months anyways. Do you think he could be right ?

Windex will not harm your rotor blades.

Take a blade and soak it in windex for a few weeks.

RedHotPoker
2018-9-8
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-9-8 10:44
Windex will not harm your rotor blades.

Take a blade and soak it in windex for a few weeks.

Soaking it ? I just take a paper towel sprayed with it and wipe it off. I only have 1 set of blades now that are new. I do still have the old ones for a just in case. Have you ever crashed a drone ? So far I haven’t nor had any hard landings but something you wrote a long time ago saved me once. You said fly “up” and that is what I did and it saved me from crashing into the side of my house.
2018-9-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Sayhelloforme Posted at 2018-9-8 12:00
Soaking it ? I just take a paper towel sprayed with it and wipe it off. I only have 1 set of blades now that are new. I do still have the old ones for a just in case. Have you ever crashed a drone ? So far I haven’t nor had any hard landings but something you wrote a long time ago saved me once. You said fly “up” and that is what I did and it saved me from crashing into the side of my house.

I only suggested soaking in windex, to prove it is a weak solution, that won’t harm your DJI model plastic.

Not to clean the bloody debris.. ;-)

You could also wipe your clean blades with RainX too... give them a slick overcoat.

RedHotPoker

2018-9-8
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-9-8 12:10
I only suggested soaking in windex, to prove it is a weak solution, that won’t harm your DJI model plastic.

Not to clean the bloody debris.. ;-)

Rain X is a good idea. Is there anything out there that can protect the plastic body from UV rays so the plastics won’t  deteriorate  ? Like to hardening the plastic ?
2018-9-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Sayhelloforme Posted at 2018-9-8 13:50
Rain X is a good idea. Is there anything out there that can protect the plastic body from UV rays so the plastics won’t  deteriorate  ? Like to hardening the plastic ?

You can buy a second shell if that is a concern.

You couldn’t fly enough for the sun to destroy your model.
Don’t leave the drone in a hot car.

RedHotPoker
2018-9-8
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-9-8 15:31
You can buy a second shell if that is a concern.

You couldn’t fly enough for the sun to destroy your model.

ok, so I have nothing to worry about. Would never leave it in a hot car or any place hot but it get hot enough at the beach. A few day I didn't fly because heat index was 106 f
2018-9-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Sayhelloforme Posted at 2018-9-8 19:10
ok, so I have nothing to worry about. Would never leave it in a hot car or any place hot but it get hot enough at the beach. A few day I didn't fly because heat index was 106 f

You have to watch out for birds, low flying aircraft. Kids with kites, other drones, bloody tourists. . .

It can fly in temperatures that would make it uncomfortable for you.

RedHotPoker

2018-9-8
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-9-8 20:13
You have to watch out for birds, low flying aircraft. Kids with kites, other drones, bloody tourists. . .

It can fly in temperatures that would make it uncomfortable for you.

We do have lots of birds around here. They come to Back Bay. I worry about getting attack by them sometimes. Birds of prey. Would painting the drone red or another color deter them ? I had a crow chase it one time but them I went after him and he split LOL I would not do that to an eagle.
2018-9-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Some people use those stickers eyes to deter birds and large insects. haha

92A9C671-3A1C-45A4-B1E9-2AC258F5F8B1.jpeg

F6ABE518-A021-46C8-B97C-CBB17CD7E87E.jpeg

FF53905F-348B-4D1B-BB01-348A52977C0F.jpeg

RedHotPoker

2018-9-8
Use props
HarleyGuy55
Second Officer

Sayhelloforme Posted at 2018-9-8 13:50

Yesterday I was flying around Preston Castle and up on the clock tower/bell tower lives a couple Ravens although I’ve never seen a Raven up close they have a very impressive wing span much like a Eagle or large bird of pray. That’s the only reason I did not get more pics ... The Raven apperantly has a nest up there and or territorial protection thing going on because he or she came out of no where and was definitely checking out my bird . I did have permission from historical sucitity to fly I did not want to injure that bird or mine . That’s would be all bad. I could see the head lines now.... Man kills protected species Raven with drone ... all bad.. lol. I’m going to try the winded idea and rain X idea . Thanks !
2018-9-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

HarleyGuy55 Posted at 2018-9-9 08:20
Yesterday I was flying around Preston Castle and up on the clock tower/bell tower lives a couple Ravens although I’ve never seen a Raven up close they have a very impressive wing span much like a Eagle or large bird of pray. That’s the only reason I did not get more pics ... The Raven apperantly has a nest up there and or territorial protection thing going on because he or she came out of no where and was definitely checking out my bird . I did have permission from historical sucitity to fly I did not want to injure that bird or mine . That’s would be all bad. I could see the head lines now.... Man kills protected species Raven with drone ... all bad.. lol. I’m going to try the winded idea and rain X idea . Thanks !

Don’t play tag with large birds, your drone will lose every time...

A pic of one in flight would be cool though. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules