New App version v4.3.0 causes connection issues!!!
1441 14 2018-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sliver66
New
Germany

Hi,

since the update on the new DJI Go 4 V4.3.0 I can't fly any longer with my Mavic Air as this version causes have issues with the connection. The picture breaks even after 10 meters already and you can't take any pictures up from this moment logically. On top the drone doesn't fly smooth any longer and is not easy to control any longer.

Bringing the drone down and changing from DJI Go 4 to Litchi solved issue. The drone works normal again with Litchi and everything works as usual. Obviously there must have been changed something with the newest update.

Therefore, if possible - please avoid the update and wait for the next bugfix!!!

@DJI: Please come up with a new release asap to fix such issues!!! I personally prefer to go with the original software, but this is not acceptable at all!

Regards
Sliver

2018-8-25
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Thank You for the useful info. But do need some more confirmations of this issue
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for this troubles. May I ask for the brand or make of your mobile device in which the app is downloaded?
2018-8-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I flew today MavAir with 4.3.01 iOS iPhone 7 not one problem excellent video feed, and everything else working perfect.
2018-8-25
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-25 11:53
I flew today MavAir with 4.3.01 iOS iPhone 7 not one problem excellent video feed, and everything else working perfect.

Same here; but with different aircraft.  both MP and Spark (on current firmware versions) using iPhone 7, iPad Mini 4 which are both on updated iOS.  Have also flown the Spark on Huawei Ascend XT2 with no issues, however, when I tried to calibrate the Remote (using XT2) it wouldn't function.  I switched back the the iPhone 7 and calibration went as expected.
2018-8-25
Use props
QuadFunAus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38835 ft
Australia

Do the changes in 4.3.0 bring the hyper-lapse, dolly zoom and POI changes to Mavic Air and other DJI drones or is it just for the Mavic pro 2?  haven't had a chance to check!  If only for the Mavic Pro 2, will any of these functions be coming to the Mavic Air at any stage?
2018-8-26
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

How is the air going to have a dolly zoom when the lens cant zoom?
Hyperlapse is computationally intensive.  I can't see the limited image processor on it being able to cope with it.
2018-8-26
Use props
QuadFunAus
lvl.4
Australia

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-26 16:48
How is the air going to have a dolly zoom when the lens cant zoom?
Hyperlapse is computationally intensive.  I can't see the limited image processor on it being able to cope with it.

4k video can be zoomed in 4 times for lossless 1080p video, that is 4k is 4 times the resolution of 1080p, (I believe).  That is why you can do the dolly zoom effect in post, as long as you have high enough resolution in the original footage.  As for hyperlapse, this can already be done in the Mavic Air manually, it would be just about making it automated in quick shots.  The Mavic air already has the processing power to put together asteroid shots and stitch together 3D pano's so I don't think it would be beyond it!  I could be mistaken, but it would just need to frame the shots and add EIS to smooth the transitions out.
2018-8-26
Use props
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11844 ft
United States

I have a Mavic Air and I didn't update the app because like someone else said, if it is not broken, don't fix it.  When I read the notes, it clearly just applied to the MP2 and the MP Zoom
2018-8-26
Use props
QuadFunAus
lvl.4
Australia

NitemareTrainer Posted at 2018-8-26 19:08
I have a Mavic Air and I didn't update the app because like someone else said, if it is not broken, don't fix it.  When I read the notes, it clearly just applied to the MP2 and the MP Zoom

You are probably right, I think that my reading comprehension was possibly clouded with wishful thinking
2018-8-26
Use props
QuadFunAus
lvl.4
Australia

QuadFunAus Posted at 2018-8-26 19:21
You are probably right, I think that my reading comprehension was possibly clouded with wishful thinking

Hopefully, they will include some of these features in a future update, when they have sold enough Mavic Pro 2's!
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

QuadFunAus Posted at 2018-8-26 16:23
Do the changes in 4.3.0 bring the hyper-lapse, dolly zoom and POI changes to Mavic Air and other DJI drones or is it just for the Mavic pro 2?  haven't had a chance to check!  If only for the Mavic Pro 2, will any of these functions be coming to the Mavic Air at any stage?

Hi there, we appreciate your time bringing this query to us. However, those feature is only available for Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom. We can forward this suggestion to our Research and Developer team for updates. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thanks for your support.
2018-8-28
Use props
stevenattaway
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5866 ft
United States

I am having a similar issue with my Mavic Pro 1 after updating to 4.3.0. The controller connects to the drone, but the app never enters into the CONNECTED state. The firmware on the drone and the controller are on the latest version. My phone that has been working prior to the 4.3.0 update is a Samsung Galaxy J3, Android version 6.0.1, kernal version 3.18.24-13947712, Sprint is my carrier.
2018-9-1
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

There are numerous feedbacks in Google Store saying the new Android version broke the connection between the app and the RC and that some of the RC buttons stopped functioning, particularly with new Samsung models.
2018-9-1
Use props
stevenattaway
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5866 ft
United States

UPDATE: So after some troubleshooting. I discovered that if I turn on airplane mode DJI Go will recognize the controller, specifically if I turn off WiFi, the app works properly. I believe it to be a phone issue and not the app. I say that because I uninstalled 4.3.0 and reinstalled 4.2.24 and it still didn't work correctly. Something about WiFi is messing the app up.
2018-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules