Using Facebook Live with the Mavic Air
4996 7 2018-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11844 ft
United States

I am curious if anyone has used the streaming feature with Facebook Live and what your experience is when using it.  I tried it this morning and while streaming it looked fine but when I when to Facebook to watch it, it looked like I was taking a bunch of still photos with a clicking sound.  When I was flying it, I did try to take some still photos and I am wondering if that messed up the live streaming.  Any input would be appreciated.
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out, Regarding with your concern when doing the Facebook live then you manage to take a picture as well it will be recorded or broadcast as well on the Facebook live that you doing.
2018-8-25
Use props
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11844 ft
United States

Thanks, I just did another flight with FB Live and it came out perfect.
2018-8-25
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Video streamed will be the video from your phone, with the sound being what is recorded on your phone. If there is any lag or anything, it would translate out to the stream. Personally, I have only gotten a stream with about 18 FPS average and that was with low wifi interference with my drone.
2018-8-25
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2035676 ft
Australia

On a side note, if you livestream, can you record in full resolution at the same time? I thought about trying the Livestream but the downlink from the Mavic Air isn't really all that grand in my opinion and it would suck if you couldn't get good footage from what you were streaming in the first place.
2018-8-25
Use props
TX99517
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274649 ft
  • >>>
United States

I used it today. I always forget that the microphone is recording what I say. So my live was nothing but hearing me blow away the red flies from my face.
2018-8-25
Use props
lordboots
lvl.1

United States

I would really like to do this as well as my Mavic Air 2 is better than the Zoom for Active Track and I'd like to ride and stream at the same time.  
2020-6-27
Use props
djiuser_99AClYstPmCz
New

United States

NitemareTrainer Posted at 2018-8-25 18:57
Thanks, I just did another flight with FB Live and it came out perfect.

How did you do it?
2021-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules