Yay! RTH alert can be cancelled on Mavic 2
2692 20 2018-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Continuing my reading through the manual... Page 43. DJI has listened to us and worked out a compromise solution!  

Remote Controller Alert
Remote controller will sound an alert during RTH or when the battery level is low. RTH Alert and low
battery level (6% to 15%) alert can be canceled by pressing the power button once, and the critical
battery level (less than 5%) alert can not be canceled

Oh, and the controller sticks are detachable, so there is no need to buy an extra third-party accessory to lock the sticks.

It is recommended to remove the control sticks and store in the storage slots on the remote
controller during storage or transportation to avoid damage.

2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're glad to know that you like our new feature for the Mavic 2 Pro. Should you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are here to help you. Thanks for your support and have a safe flight.
2018-8-25
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Oww just like my rebreather.  Different levels of urgency on alarms.  Non urgent can be cancelled, urgent cannot.  Thats good.
2018-8-25
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

This I call a great solution, thank you DJI!
2018-8-25
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Critical less than 5%?  Not 10?
2018-8-25
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sweet, no more attention grabbing beeping.  Can this be done to the other drones as well?
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI_ALEX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27273678 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-25 12:06
Hi, we're glad to know that you like our new feature for the Mavic 2 Pro. Should you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are here to help you. Thanks for your support and have a safe flight.

PLEEAASSEEEEEE roll this down to mavic air! Its desperately needed!
2018-8-25
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-25 12:06

Is there ANY chance this could be included as a software option on current aircraft?  Please, please please please ;-)  My MP and Spark are getting hoarse ;-)
2018-8-25
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-25 12:49
Critical less than 5%?  Not 10?

Because of the higher battery capacity critical is now set to 5% in relation to the full charge.
2018-8-25
Use props
Alex Batalov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Cool! I like those new features!
I only wish they were on my spark
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

WebParrot Posted at 2018-8-25 12:55
Is there ANY chance this could be included as a software option on current aircraft?  Please, please please please ;-)  My MP and Spark are getting hoarse ;-)

Hi there, as we all know this feature is not yet available on other Mavic series and Spark. Here in DJI, we welcome all of your suggestions and this will be presented to our engineers if there are any updates in the future. We thank you for your continued patronage in DJI. Have a safe flight always.
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DJI_ALEX Posted at 2018-8-25 12:53
PLEEAASSEEEEEE roll this down to mavic air! Its desperately needed!

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry, as of the moment, we don't have information if this would be possible. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI_ALEX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27273678 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-25 13:14
Hi, Thanks for the inquiry, as of the moment, we don't have information if this would be possible. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for the support.

Hopefully its just the remote softwere
2018-8-25
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-25 13:13
Hi there, as we all know this feature is not available on other Mavic series and Spark. Here in DJI, we welcome all of your suggestions and this will be presented to our engineers if there are any updates in the future. We thank you for your continued patronage in DJI. Have a safe flight always.

Hi Natalia ;-)  Thanks for the reply.  I kinda knew, and anticipated your reply.  I just thought it would be nice for you to know we still are flying our "old" aircraft and wishing -with high hopes- for a few hand-me-down features..... (at lease until we can afford to upgrade !!!)
Hugs....
2018-8-25
Use props
MauiMaps
lvl.4

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-25 13:14

I set low battery on Mavic 2 to 15% earlier. @15% I tried to cancel the alarm and at first hit the rth button to cancel, then tried pressing power once and neither turned off the alarm.

Anyone else able to cancel the alarm? (About to go fly again and just hit the power button once)

update: unable to cancel low battery warning by pressing the power button 14% battery. Also side note; app said critical battery at 9% (not 5% stated in manual) and was unable to cancel landing.

2018-8-28
Use props
fansf8462db6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92635 ft
  • >>>
United States

MauiMaps Posted at 2018-8-28 16:09
I set low battery on Mavic 2 to 15% earlier. @15% I tried to cancel the alarm and at first hit the rth button to cancel, then tried pressing power once and neither turned off the alarm.

Anyone else able to cancel the alarm? (About to go fly again and just hit the power button once)

I had the same issue.  I hit the power button on the remote to cancel the alarm and no dice.
2018-9-9
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3172890 ft
United States

Any resolution on this?  RTH beep cancels but low battery does not........
2019-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sato Zoom 2 Posted at 2-26 15:25
Any resolution on this?  RTH beep cancels but low battery does not........

I think it’s pretty self explanatory, you can cancel the beeping for RTH if and only if you have plenty of battery, but if your going to take a chance on flying with low battery, it going to remind you and anyone in your landing area that there is danger in that your craft is at low battery and may not make it safely home .
I think if you think about it, it makes sense, the beeping will constantly remind you that your battery is low and if your craft has plenty of battery to get home and land safely then no requirement for the beeping, let’s call it a reward for safe flying ;+) ....
2019-2-26
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-26 15:39
I think it’s pretty self explanatory, you can cancel the beeping for RTH if and only if you have plenty of battery, but if your going to take a chance on flying with low battery, it going to remind you and anyone in your landing area that there is danger in that your craft is at low battery and may not make it safely home .
I think if you think about it, it makes sense, the beeping will constantly remind you that your battery is low and if your craft has plenty of battery to get home and land safely then no requirement for the beeping, let’s call it a reward for safe flying ;+) ....

When I'm flying around in my back yard and my low battery setting is at 25% and my craft is 10' away from the landing mat, I'd like to keep flying a bit more when I hit 25% and make the controller shut up like the manual says........
EDIT: Also thinking that maybe since the manual says it can be cancelled between 15% and 6%, I tested it today at 15% and still couldn't get it to silence.  RTH was not engaged, I was hovering above my landing mat........
2019-2-26
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Can we get this feature on the smart controller please
2019-2-26
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
United States

AnzacJack Posted at 2-26 17:54
Can we get this feature on the smart controller please

Good luck to you !  The manual says I have it on my standard RC but I can't get it to work on either of my Android or iOS platforms.  Both versions of Go 4 are 4.3.12 and firmware is 01.00.0300.........oh well
2019-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules