1265 14 2018-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dennis D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 143468 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aside from the usual freezing of the vide, screen turn turning green (P4P < 100' away), my video is flipping over when the camera is pointed straight down. Adjusting it back up seems to clear it up. I also recieved a message the my mobile devices CPU was being over worked/loaded which I've never seen before.
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I'm sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. I would like to clarify, may I know what mobile device are you using right now?
2018-8-25
Use props
Dennis D
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

It's the iPad Mini 4 and I use it exclusively for my P4P.
2018-8-25
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Dennis D Posted at 2018-8-25 14:47

This issue came up a few months ago and i believe was fixed with the lastest firmware update.
As far as your device overloading try doing a factory reset on it then only run the dji go app see how that goes
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Dennis D Posted at 2018-8-25 14:47

Thank you for providing the Information. Regarding with that I would suggest to delete unnecessary application on your Device and also before using the DJI Go 4 app make sure there is no running background application and I would suggest as well make sure you have the latest firmware for your Aircraft
2018-8-25
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The mini 4 with the A 8 processor is overloaded due to its age. The GO 4 App is very powerful and the present Mini 4 can't keep up with it. The message is that all of the GO 4 App features may not be available . However, your P4P will function properly. Not to worry. Mine gives me that notice most of the time and everything works well.
2018-8-25
Use props
Dennis D
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Okay, I upgraded to the latest firmware and my first flight completed with just a single momentary freeze of the video. However, I did not experience the half-green screen and multiple freezes I was experiencing. I think I can attribute the video flipping to not having the setting the limit the gimbals tilt. Once I enabled that, it seem to fix the issue. If the Mini 4 is too slow, then what is the current system that can keep up?
2018-8-26
Use props
Dennis D
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-25 14:52
Thank you for providing the Information. Regarding with that I would suggest to delete unnecessary application on your Device and also before using the DJI Go 4 app make sure there is no running background application and I would suggest as well make sure you have the latest firmware for your Aircraft

I updated the firmware, nothing running in the background and my first test flight went good. However, 2nd test flight saw the green screen and video issues; it was freezing and painting the same section of the image across the screen. I then put in a new battery and switched to my iPhone 6 (never tried it before) and the flight was almost flawless; a little image freeze, but only once or twice.

Do the new iPhone 8's provide for better interface? If the app is getting more powerful, then I have no issues upgrading my iPhone, but don't want to do that if it's not the issue.
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Dennis D Posted at 2018-8-27 15:24
I updated the firmware, nothing running in the background and my first test flight went good. However, 2nd test flight saw the green screen and video issues; it was freezing and painting the same section of the image across the screen. I then put in a new battery and switched to my iPhone 6 (never tried it before) and the flight was almost flawless; a little image freeze, but only once or twice.

Do the new iPhone 8's provide for better interface? If the app is getting more powerful, then I have no issues upgrading my iPhone, but don't want to do that if it's not the issue.

Hi there Dennis, thanks for being understanding. Yes, one of the causes of that due to the Application continues to upgrade and add some feature the application being powerful meaning it's needed to have a faster process from the device and New iPhone/pads will work then.
2018-8-28
Use props
ATJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17736 ft

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-28 06:33
Hi there Dennis, thanks for being understanding. Yes, one of the causes of that due to the Application continues to upgrade and add some feature the application being powerful meaning it's needed to have a faster process from the device and New iPhone/pads will work then.

The iPad Mini 4 is the latest iPad mini. I also own one, I had the same problem so I uninstalled 4go, did a hard reboot, and re installed 4go. No problems since then.
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ATJ Posted at 2018-8-28 07:00
The iPad Mini 4 is the latest iPad mini. I also own one, I had the same problem so I uninstalled 4go, did a hard reboot, and re installed 4go. No problems since then.

Nice to hear that. You are able to work it then.
2018-8-28
Use props
Dennis D
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-28 06:33
Hi there Dennis, thanks for being understanding. Yes, one of the causes of that due to the Application continues to upgrade and add some feature the application being powerful meaning it's needed to have a faster process from the device and New iPhone/pads will work then.

I actually have the iPhone 7...forgot I upgraded. I'll continue to test with the iPhone 7, but I really like the larger screen. Any recommendation? Does the app work with iPhone X?
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Dennis D Posted at 2018-8-28 13:32
I actually have the iPhone 7...forgot I upgraded. I'll continue to test with the iPhone 7, but I really like the larger screen. Any recommendation? Does the app work with iPhone X?

Ok, sure that will be great! just keep us posted whenever you're able to try it. Thanks!
2018-8-28
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>

Dennis: have a look at forum thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-117830-1-1.html
2018-8-28
Use props
Dennis D
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

sky wombat Posted at 2018-8-28 14:28
Dennis: have a look at forum thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-117830-1-1.html

Thanks! That confirmed my suspicions. I took another test flight with my iPhone 7 and was darn-near perfect.
2018-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules