Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Analysis on Flight record before crash.
573 4 2018-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
H. Arif - The 6IX
lvl.1

Canada

Hi, my drone crashed a few days ago and I do not know if it was pilot error or technical error. As a 16 year old student, I cannot afford to buy another drone, but I would understand if DJI believes it was pilot. I have opened a case, but would like second opinion. please let me know what you think. Thank you
https://app.airdata.com/share/NPlaDD/GENERALOverview
here is the link for the flight records
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear about what happen to your Aircraft. However, may I ask what is the status of your Case with us? Have you requested as well to have a data analysis if ever? Thanks!
2018-8-25
Use props
H. Arif - The 6IX
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-25 15:02
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear about what happen to your Aircraft. However, may I ask what is the status of your Case with us? Have you requested as well to have a data analysis if ever? Thanks!

I have opened up a case and synced my flight records. I have been told that the investigators are looking into the data analysis. However, it seems that it would take quite long to do so, which is why I could use a quicker and second opinion. thank you for the concern and the help
2018-8-25
Use props
Northwood
Captain
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Okay, sorry you had a crash, but this was avoidable.   It appears you flew behind several large buildings, which would have most likely cut  off your signal....then you had some compass interference, and yaw errors....  I see also you were in and out of sport mode, which is more prone to yaw errors.   Did you crash into the ground or a building?  Were you on the ground when you took off or on a rooftop, hard to tell from that log.  Your RTH altitude was set too low in my opinion, for such tall buildings around...  You were not observing local regulations about flying safe.  With so many apartments in the area, the air would be saturated with wifi signals from all those homes.  I would not choose to fly where you did.  I am familiar with Don MIlls, I have lived in the GTA  many years.
2018-8-25
Use props
H. Arif - The 6IX
lvl.1

Canada

Northwood Posted at 2018-8-25 19:28
Okay, sorry you had a crash, but this was avoidable.   It appears you flew behind several large buildings, which would have most likely cut  off your signal....then you had some compass interference, and yaw errors....  I see also you were in and out of sport mode, which is more prone to yaw errors.   Did you crash into the ground or a building?  Were you on the ground when you took off or on a rooftop, hard to tell from that log.  Your RTH altitude was set too low in my opinion, for such tall buildings around...  You were not observing local regulations about flying safe.  With so many apartments in the area, the air would be saturated with wifi signals from all those homes.  I would not choose to fly where you did.  I am familiar with Don MIlls, I have lived in the GTA  many years.

I was walking along and keeping the drone in front of me, when it disconnected I was at that main intersection. I was switching in and out of sport mode because the controller had disconnected and I had a panic attack. I was trying to avoid the building, thus choosing gps mode, and trying to not run into it by trying to increase the height, thus in sport mode.
2018-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules