2052 15 2018-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Hello,
I have a 3PA, and everything is up to current software/firmware. Really no issues, but today tried to use "Course-Lock" in the Go app. I get message that there is an "error in the mission setting"? WTF is that? LOL
Been flying for a number of years now with this bird and never seen that one. I know at one time it did work correctly. Tried another device and the exact same thing. With course lock you should be able to point in the direction you want, and the right stick should move you in either forward or backwards maintaining that vector, but this thing will act just like it is in "P" mode and go where ever you point it! Yes I have checked my remote for correct mode, which is 2, and I tried "home-lock", and it works correctly. I also tried it in Litchi and I get the same error, something like cannot lock because error in mission setting. Anyone else had anything like this? And no, when I use whatever app I am using the other one is "force-stopped". Really kind of odd to me. That is a nice feature when you want to go in a straight line. Willing to listen to any ideas. Like I said, I haven't tried it for some time now, but I know it used to work, and just can't figure out what a "setting in the mission" could be. I have never used waypoint mission in the Go app either. The other device I used was a new LG V30 phone that didn't even have the app installed before, so no lingernig data or anything like that.
Thanks for any ideas to try.

2018-8-25
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Do all the other flight modes work like poi, active track etc?
2018-8-25
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-8-25 15:08
Do all the other flight modes work like poi, active track etc?

yes, just the course-lock doesn't work! Strange hey.
2018-8-25
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Very strange indeed unfortunately I don't have an answer for you.
2018-8-25
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Does CL work on your P3P ? Normally CL should work on all P3´s . What error message is shown up? Does your P3A make the WP POI and FM  functions as well?
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Do you have a screenshot of the error that you're seeing in your app? Is the firmware updated? Did you try to reinstall the app?
2018-8-26
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-8-26 01:19
Does CL work on your P3P ? Normally CL should work on all P3´s . What error message is shown up? Does your P3A make the WP POI and FM  functions as well?

Yes, the other functions do work. POI, and home-lock anyway. I don't use the waypoint function.
2018-8-26
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-26 03:43
Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. Do you have a screenshot of the error that you're seeing in your app? Is the firmware updated? Did you try to reinstall the app?

I will try to catch a screenshot and post it.
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

RicardoGray Posted at 2018-8-26 04:52
I will try to catch a screenshot and post it.

Alright. Thank you for that.
2018-8-26
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-26 04:54
Alright. Thank you for that.

Okay, I may not totally understand this function. I have a second P3A, and it behaves the same way. I thought after engaging the course-lock, I thought you couldn't move the aircraft to the left or right with the right stick. Both aircraft and multiple devices work the same way. I guess the course lock doesn't maintain a real good line, but if I give it a left or right input it goes that way. I haven't used this for some time, but I thought it would be locked in to that exact path. Understanding the aircraft can rotate while moving forward or backwards. Both of mine just don't hold that line very well. The slightest input to the left or right causes it to go way off. I have seen the error "conflict in mission settings" a couple times but can't catch it quick enough to screenshot it.
Also, I know Litchi is not your software, but I am able to catch that one. Course lock behaves the same way though with Litchi. Maybe I was expecting something it can't provide.
This isn't a big deal-breaker for me. I was just hoping I was missing something.
Litchi-course lock.png
Screenshot_2018-08-26-11-27-45.png
2018-8-26
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

On the Go app i see the the exit pop up. Did you call that via stop icon or is it of it´s own? If you start this mode you´ll see a red line of the phat on the map. Tab on cancel and let the AC moves,see what it does.
2018-8-26
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-8-26 22:14
On the Go app i see the the exit pop up. Did you call that via stop icon or is it of it´s own? If you start this mode you´ll see a red line of the phat on the map. Tab on cancel and let the AC moves,see what it does.

Ok, when I enter CL, it sometimes gives an error "conflict in mission settings", but I never see any red line. The error message only pops up and then shows the screenshot I have given. Like I mentioned, it may be working ok, but it doesn't maintain the path very well. Any slight touch of the stick to the left or right causes it to drastically move off course. Maybe that is how it is supposed to work??? Anyway, I appreciate any help, but honestly I don't plan on using this function much. Maybe I'm expecting too much. I do use Litchi most of the time for waypoint missions and all other functions seem to be just fine. But again, I do get that error in Litchi, and in the GO app I never seen any red-line showing the path. Thanks.
2018-8-27
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

I´ve not much  experience with Litchi,i use the Go app. That red line is on IOS Go app not on android version. How the AC is acting if you move it via CL ? May be you may calibrate the RC sticks. The Go app does not  
have any other flight mode parallel to the CL. That´s is in Litchi only if i´m not wrong.
2018-8-28
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-8-28 05:47
I´ve not much  experience with Litchi,i use the Go app. That red line is on IOS Go app not on android version. How the AC is acting if you move it via CL ? May be you may calibrate the RC sticks. The Go app does not  
have any other flight mode parallel to the CL. That´s is in Litchi only if i´m not wrong.

OK, I use an android device, so that might explain the loss of the red line. The phantom does not hold the path very well in CL, and if I make the slightest movement to the right or left with my right stick (while trying to move forward or backwards), it really takes off in that direction. In Litchi, it will not go into CL, and displays an error. No big deal as I don't use it much anyway. I can easily create a 2-point waypoint mission in Litchi and it does exactly what I want. Thanks for you help. I think I'll stick with what works for me. I was just curious about why I couldn't get the function to work correctly.
2018-8-28
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

As i said,if you want the AC flies correct then do a RC calibration and a IMU calibration too in Go app for sure then the AC might fly the correct path in all directions.
2018-8-28
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

Peterx Posted at 2018-8-28 06:10
As i said,if you want the AC flies correct then do a RC calibration and a IMU calibration too in Go app for sure then the AC might fly the correct path in all directions.

Yes thank you. I should have mentioned that I have done all of those things too, without any inproved results. Good advice though, thanks again.
2018-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules