Privacy invasion ...
1140 4 2018-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

As I was testing my M200 performace after recent FW update in nearby public park (empty as usual), a gentleman approached me with kind demand to not fly above his property. I apologized and promised to comply, asking if he can enlight me with location of his house. He pointed somewhere above horizon behind trees, which didn't provide enough information. Therefore I asked him to identify the property directly on CrystalSky screen. Hi couldn't - it turned out - to recognize the house from my flight attitude of 50 m. The entire conversation was keept in civilized manner and ended with conclusion that - in fact - I can't really see what he is doing there. He left assured that his privacy is not in danger of invasion. Luckily I didn't use my 45 mm lens to demonstrate true capabilities of X5S camera ...

Such situations are common in densely populated areas. People are affraid of drones, suspecting spying intentions of pilots. Most of us don't excercise such intentions, but confrontations are inevitable more and more everyday. For this reason I'm avoiding flying in urban spaces as much as possible, keeping apologetic strategy when approached. Rarely, I must say.
2018-8-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

With all the recent forest fire smoke, it’s still pretty crappy lighting... what are you recording?

RedHotPoker
2018-8-25
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I very rarely fly in urban areas. I much prefer the open spaces of the rural and outback areas.
Only pple that have aproached me where interested onlookers wanting to get a closer look at what a drone can do.
2018-8-25
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

People just don't understand what you can't even see from 150 ft up.  I had a young lady jogging in my neighborhood and stopped to ask me did I see her coming,  I said no and brought the P4 right above us, gave her the remote, and she couldn't see herself. I had to wave my hands and walk around for her to pick us out.
2018-8-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Ants...

RedHotPoker
2018-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now