dji assistant recalibrate vision system
4433 14 2018-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flying in Paradise
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180958 ft
New Zealand

My controller screen tells me I have to recalibrate the vision system on my aircraft through the dji assistant.   I have downloaded the assistant, the assistant recognizes my aircraft and I have updated my aircraft in the Firmware Update section (it now shows as current).  However when I go to the calibration section and hit calibrate, other than showing the two camera pictures bottom left of screen all I get is a blank white screen, (no dots or squares etc.).
I have tried everything, downloaded the assistant three time now and still I'm getting nothing.  At times I get a message that the controller is not connected, does it have to be, and now I'm getting a message that it doesn't recognize the screen size, I'm using a 27" Mac and I've entered this info. My Mac is using OS High Sierra Version 10.13.3
I'm tearing my hair out here as I don't know what else to do and I don't want to fly the aircraft if it's telling me I need to calibrate.  Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.  Laurence.

2018-8-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Laurence,

When that happens to me, it is because I am not using the primary screen.  I have a triple screen desktop setup and a laptop.  I connected my laptop to one of my screens and that is when I got that message.  I thought my laptop screen was too small for the calibration (17") but it worked like a champ - after a few attempts!

It sounds like you have an all-in-one computer.  I wonder if that could be the problem but how different is that from a laptop?  Do you have a laptop you can use?  Are you using DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom v2.0.2?

As far as I know from my own experience, your P4 is directly connected to the computer, no need to have the remote controller on.  BTW, the larger screens do not work well with the calibration.  Weird thing is though, I think the options given to me for a "Select Screen Size" option included a 27" option.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to restart your computer? Can you also try to use a different computer?
2018-8-26
Use props
djiuser_t58YDsQMSLHh
lvl.1

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-26 03:08
Hi. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Did you try to restart your computer? Can you also try to use a different computer?

Same problem. One computer Windows 10 no dots, the other works on Windows 10.
2018-8-26
Use props
Drone Coach
lvl.2

djiuser_t58YDsQMSLHh Posted at 2018-8-26 06:22
Same problem. One computer Windows 10 no dots, the other works on Windows 10.

I am having the exact same problem on my Windows 10 desktop. I've read you must have your screen resolution set to 1600 x 900 but that didn't fix the issue either.
2018-8-26
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Can you send us an image of what you see on the screen?
2018-8-26
Use props
Flying in Paradise
lvl.1
New Zealand

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-8-26 14:10
Can you send us an image of what you see on the screen?

Day 3.  Aaaaaagh! So this morning I disconnected my second monitor and heh presto the calibration screen appeared and I did a calibration.  Fantastic I thought, I've solved the problem.  Went through the process, the information was collected and it started the calibration.  Then "CALIBRATION ERROR - Check the screen size"     I've entered the 27 inch size (Mac 27) and this is now what I've got.    By the way do you enter just the numbers 27 for the screen size or do you have to enter the word "inch" as well.  This has to be the worst system I've ever used, what is hapenning?
2018-8-27
Use props
Flying in Paradise
lvl.1
New Zealand

Cetacean Posted at 2018-8-26 02:06
Aloha Laurence,

When that happens to me, it is because I am not using the primary screen.  I have a triple screen desktop setup and a laptop.  I connected my laptop to one of my screens and that is when I got that message.  I thought my laptop screen was too small for the calibration (17") but it worked like a champ - after a few attempts!

Aloha Cetacean, and Kia Ora from New Zealand.   Many thanks for all your info, much appreciated.  Yes I'm using a MAC 27 inch, I tried it on my Mac Book Air and discovered that the system only recognizes screens from 12.5 inch through to 27 inch.  The Macbook is 11.6 inch so I tried changing the size to 12.5 and it went through the process but then spat a dummy at the end and wouldn't complete the calibration.   
This morning (day 3) I'm back on to the Mac and I disconnected my second monitor and there it was, the dots and squares.  Went through the calibration and it all turned to custard again.  
Below is the response I sent to "Hellsgate" earlier with screen grabs, have a look.  Again thanks.  Laurence

Day 3.  Aaaaaagh! So this morning I disconnected my second monitor and heh presto the calibration screen appeared and I did a calibration.  Fantastic I thought, I've solved the problem.  Went through the process, the information was collected and it started the calibration.  Then "CALIBRATION ERROR - Check the screen size"     I've entered the 27 inch size (Mac 27) and this is now what I've got.    By the way do you enter just the numbers 27 for the screen size or do you have to enter the word "inch" as well.  This has to be the worst system I've ever used, what is hapenning?
2018-8-27
Use props
Flying in Paradise
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-26 03:08

Hi Wanda.  Yes restarted the computer, downloaded the assistant three times now, disconnected the second monitor and also tried my MacBook air, (screen size at 11.5 inch - not recognized by your system)
When asked to enter the 'screen size' do I simply enter the numbers 27 or do I have to add the word 'inch'.
Below is the response to "Hellsgate's" post earlier.  Cheers.  Laurence.

2018-8-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Flying in Paradise Posted at 2018-8-27 14:49
Aloha Cetacean, and Kia Ora from New Zealand.   Many thanks for all your info, much appreciated.  Yes I'm using a MAC 27 inch, I tried it on my Mac Book Air and discovered that the system only recognizes screens from 12.5 inch through to 27 inch.  The Macbook is 11.6 inch so I tried changing the size to 12.5 and it went through the process but then spat a dummy at the end and wouldn't complete the calibration.   
This morning (day 3) I'm back on to the Mac and I disconnected my second monitor and there it was, the dots and squares.  Went through the calibration and it all turned to custard again.  
Below is the response I sent to "Hellsgate" earlier with screen grabs, have a look.  Again thanks.  Laurence

Aloha Laurence,

Good points all around.  I have been there and done that.  The only solution I could come up with was to have a computer or laptop that was larger than 12.5 but smaller than 27 inches.  I did get one message to use the "main" screen, but after one attempt, if there was a second screen, it would shut down as you note.

Best bet is to start clean with a laptop or desktop with a screen larger than 12.5 and smaller than 17 inch from a clean boot.  Even if you have to borrow a laptop or desktop.  That is the only way I was able to get it  to work - then I had to figure out how to actually do the calibration!

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-27
Use props
Flying in Paradise
lvl.1
New Zealand

Cetacean Posted at 2018-8-27 15:19
Aloha Laurence,

Good points all around.  I have been there and done that.  The only solution I could come up with was to have a computer or laptop that was larger than 12.5 but smaller than 27 inches.  I did get one message to use the "main" screen, but after one attempt, if there was a second screen, it would shut down as you note.

Hi.  I did have a bit of a laugh when DJI suggested that I use a Windows machine rather than Mac, as if I had a load of different computers and laptops sitting in the corner of the office waiting for me to pick one.  So you reckon something between 12" and 17" will give the best results, I'll see if I can borrow one.  I've got to get it sorted as I'm cautious about flying the machine when there are warnings.  I haven't given up just yet though.  Thanks for all your help.  
By the way being a dolphin and whale lover myself I love your forum name.  Here's an image for you from NZ waters.  Or you can have a look at my web for more images at: www.paradisepictures.co.nz
Cheers.  Laurence.
2018-8-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Flying in Paradise Posted at 2018-8-27 16:22
Hi.  I did have a bit of a laugh when DJI suggested that I use a Windows machine rather than Mac, as if I had a load of different computers and laptops sitting in the corner of the office waiting for me to pick one.  So you reckon something between 12" and 17" will give the best results, I'll see if I can borrow one.  I've got to get it sorted as I'm cautious about flying the machine when there are warnings.  I haven't given up just yet though.  Thanks for all your help.  
By the way being a dolphin and whale lover myself I love your forum name.  Here's an image for you from NZ waters.  Or you can have a look at my web for more images at: www.paradisepictures.co.nz
Cheers.  Laurence.

Aloha Laurence,

Mahalo for the photo!  Looks like a Tt Short Nose looking up at you.  Nice shot through beautiful water.  According to what I have learned, since it is a short nose, the photo must be from deeper water.  Someone posted a video of a long nose family pod in Western Australia (SW I think) playing around with a Southern Right Whale in the shallows.

I agree with your plan to get the calibration resolved.  I am a firm believer that we should be able to do all the actions necessary to keep our birds flying safely.  As in your case, it takes me a while longer than expected sometimes to.  My first experience with that calibration was with a Matrice 100 using Guidance.  That was a challenge but we solved it.  However, I did dread doing it for my P4 Pro.  Once you get a hold of it thought it is not so bad.

Good luck!  Mahalo again!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-27
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Flying in Paradise Posted at 2018-8-27 16:22
Hi.  I did have a bit of a laugh when DJI suggested that I use a Windows machine rather than Mac, as if I had a load of different computers and laptops sitting in the corner of the office waiting for me to pick one.  So you reckon something between 12" and 17" will give the best results, I'll see if I can borrow one.  I've got to get it sorted as I'm cautious about flying the machine when there are warnings.  I haven't given up just yet though.  Thanks for all your help.  
Cheers.  Laurence.

Aloha Laurence,

BTW, mahalo for the link to your photo site.  Nice business for such a beautiful area.  Photography tourism, nice idea.  I am sure it is very rewarding.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-27
Use props
Flying in Paradise
lvl.1
New Zealand

Cetacean Posted at 2018-8-27 22:26
Aloha Laurence,

Mahalo for the photo!  Looks like a Tt Short Nose looking up at you.  Nice shot through beautiful water.  According to what I have learned, since it is a short nose, the photo must be from deeper water.  Someone posted a video of a long nose family pod in Western Australia (SW I think) playing around with a Southern Right Whale in the shallows.

Bottle Nose Dolphins taken on a trip around Doubtful Sounds in the far south of NZ’s South Island. Here’s another image of the same pod.  Cheers.
2018-8-28
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Flying in Paradise Posted at 2018-8-28 17:28
[view_image] Bottle Nose Dolphins taken on a trip around Doubtful Sounds in the far south of NZ’s South Island. Here’s another image of the same pod.  Cheers.

Aloha Laurence,

Cute little buggahs, yeah!  Mahalo!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules