Traveling out of country question
458 4 2018-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Holiday.34
lvl.1
Flight distance : 601526 ft

Hello,

Im traveling out of country for the first time with my Mavic and woundering is there anything I need to do or regeister in order to fly my Mavic in Hong Kong, Thailand, and Dubai.
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. I would recommend reviewing the policy when in terms of using the drone in every country that you're about travel and also you may check if the locations wherein you're planning to fly if it's restricted or not for you to unlock it prior to your flight. Please see the link below. Please let us know if you have other queries.

www.dji.com/flysafe
2018-8-26
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Thailand in theory register, in reality the registration system doesn' work and it wont happen so its fine.
There are laws - banned in all national parks.  Avoid military bases, police stations etc.
Some areas have militant and drug smuggling issues (border areas in particular) so maybe not chance it there.

Avoid crowds and if you want to film temples, ask first for courtesy.

Generally, if there are locals around, ask before flying and its fine.

Maximum altitude 90m, visual line of sight at all times, 5 miles from airports, 30m+ from buildings, not over crowds.
2018-8-26
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Its actually very simple google is your best friend just search for local drone laws/regulations for the countries you plan to visit.
As mentioned by gnirtS ask permision before filming temples or people and also when flying over private property get the owners/occupiers permission.
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-26 14:21
Thailand in theory register, in reality the registration system doesn' work and it wont happen so its fine.
There are laws - banned in all national parks.  Avoid military bases, police stations etc.
Some areas have militant and drug smuggling issues (border areas in particular) so maybe not chance it there.

Hi, Thanks for proving informative and very helpful details. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you need our help. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules