Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 SSD!!!
1661 10 2018-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
creaitken
lvl.2
Flight distance : 499852 ft
  • >>>
Maldives

DJI - why why why why why why why WHY would you have such a superb and fast storage device - the SSD and have it ONLY take RAW VIDEO.

You guys have GOT to get your wits together and issue a simple firmware update that allows the photos to be saved as well. It's just a simple folder!!!

I - like soooooo many others have fallen victim to shooting images with just the ssd and then discovering that nothing is being saved. There is NO WARNING in the GO 4 app that says "PHOTOS ARE NOT SAVED - PLEASE INSERT SD CARD" camera functions as normal just showing no sd in the onscreen shutter button. WTF

Why pay £1000 for an SSD if we can't use it how we like.

Come on. Get with the professional program please.

2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. However, RAW Burst Shooting and original videos in C-DNG and Apple ProRes formats are saved in SSD card.
2018-8-26
Use props
creaitken
lvl.2
  • >>>
Maldives

Yes I realise that. But how simple is it to make raw photos possible!! 20mb burst raw is so why not 48mb raw!!! Please! It's a joke
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

creaitken Posted at 2018-8-26 04:29
Yes I realise that. But how simple is it to make raw photos possible!! 20mb burst raw is so why not 48mb raw!!! Please! It's a joke

I completely understand your point, sir. I'll confirm this with our engineers if this will be possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.
2018-8-26
Use props
creaitken
lvl.2
  • >>>
Maldives

Another reason that I used SSD is because it's the only one that transfers low res shots to the crystal sky dji go 4 app. If you take photos using SD CARD it doesn't save photo previews!!!! Whyyyyy only saves video!! Grrr
2018-8-26
Use props
MRTN.photo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1395259 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

This is indeed an issue DJI Engineers should look at, the SSD's are far superior to the NON-UHS cards (why no UHS??) that are accepted in the airframe. The write speed to the SSD is much faster than the one to the micro SD, so I don't see the point why this would not be possible.
2018-8-27
Use props
creaitken
lvl.2
  • >>>
Maldives

Thanks and I totally want this to happen. AEB is such a killer feature but not when you are waiting 10seconds for it to write to the sd card!! I need to be able to have the SSD used. Please DJI!!!!
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

creaitken Posted at 2018-8-29 21:21
Thanks and I totally want this to happen. AEB is such a killer feature but not when you are waiting 10seconds for it to write to the sd card!! I need to be able to have the SSD used. Please DJI!!!!

Yes, we already forwarded this issue to our engineers. We apologize for the inconvenience.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

MRTN.photo Posted at 2018-8-27 00:37
This is indeed an issue DJI Engineers should look at, the SSD's are far superior to the NON-UHS cards (why no UHS??) that are accepted in the airframe. The write speed to the SSD is much faster than the one to the micro SD, so I don't see the point why this would not be possible.

I understand your point, sir. We already forwarded this information to our engineers. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-8-30
Use props
creaitken
lvl.2
  • >>>
Maldives

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-30 04:09
I understand your point, sir. We already forwarded this information to our engineers. Your patience will be much appreciated.

Hi Wanda, please let me know about this, I wont let up!  

Also, did you realise that the SSD doesn't function AT ALL UNLESS YOU HAVE THE MICRO SD CARD INSERTED !!??

How useless is that?  If I want to just record RAW Video or RAW Burst, the SSD WILL NOT WORK, unless I have an micro SD card inserted.  That is a huge bug.
2018-8-31
Use props
Goonch
New
United States

I'm just encountering this error now. I'm very disappointed this wasn't documented, especially before i purchased the 480gb SSD. They don't even make 480gb micro sd cards so if I want to use the entire 480gb SSD I need multiple SD cards that I have to swap out. WHAT A PAIN!

This is supper inefficient and very negligible of DJI to not have fixed by now or partially refunded customers the price for the RAW upgrade. This is a SERIOUS usability issue. Can you please make this a priority for the engineering team to fix?
2019-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules