Mavic Pro 2 able to active track downhill????
6393 21 2018-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlackDragon
lvl.3
Switzerland

Is the Mavic Pro 2 any good for skiing filming tracking downhill? Could someone of the lucky owner make a video about it?
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Yes, the Mavic 2 Pro can track even on the downhill but for optimum performance, it is recommended to select a subject that is automatically be recognized by the aircraft, drag a selection around it onscreen and tap to select it manually, however, the ability of the aircraft to track the subject may be affected. If the box turns red, the object cannot be identified and it needs to be selected again. Hope this helps your query for today. Should you have more concern don't hesitate to reach us again. We're here to help you.
2018-8-26
Use props
BlackDragon
lvl.3
Switzerland

could someone make a video showing on downhill tracking?
2018-8-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

If you give anybody the time to first have one... Come on it was released two days ago!
2018-8-26
Use props
BlackDragon
lvl.3
Switzerland

did I put a deadline? please think before u post!!!
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BlackDragon Posted at 2018-8-26 06:09
did I put a deadline? please think before u post!!!

Hi, Thanks for your response. as of the moment, we don't have the official video of the Active Track 2.0 tutorial and I'm afraid that I can not guarantee if the scenario will be tracking down the hill, however, rest assured that we will provide the Active tracking 2.0. I would recommend checking our channel DJI Support for further updates of the videos. Thank you for your understanding
2018-8-26
Use props
BlackDragon
lvl.3
Switzerland

Has no one tried yet to track downhill with Mavic Pro 2?
2018-8-31
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>

BlackDragon Posted at 2018-8-31 22:15
Has no one tried yet to track downhill with Mavic Pro 2?

I have looked though the. Ideas out there at the moment and while there are a few showing Active track 2.0 and how rock solid it is there are none showing the M2 going either down hill or up hill, easiest way would be for someone to get on there bike and ride down a steep hill will the M2 descend as the bike does. Let’s see what happens? Still no clear answer from DJI. I was involved in another post similar to this on the forum asking the same question

2018-8-31
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

BlackDragon Posted at 2018-8-31 22:15
Has no one tried yet to track downhill with Mavic Pro 2?

Not exactly what you were asking for but best I can find is this one - look after 6 and especially ~8 minutes avoiding obstacles Mavic 2 definitely changes the hight - hope it helps

2018-8-31
Use props
BlackDragon
lvl.3
Switzerland

I have already seen that video, but as you said, it's not really showing the dowhill actve track. That's strange, a lot of active track reviews out there but no one has the need to test downhil...... For sport videos like mountain bike or ski is a must! Let's wait if someone will do it after reading this post.
2018-9-1
Use props
BlackDragon
lvl.3
Switzerland

still no review video out there showing downhill active tracking? For me is a deal breake if the Mavico Pro 2 is not able to active track downhill!
2018-9-8
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe most people dont find it useful so dont test it?
2018-9-8
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

Later if I'll find the right place I'll try.
2018-9-8
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=165818
2018-9-8
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>

BlackDragon Posted at 2018-9-8 00:43
still no review video out there showing downhill active tracking? For me is a deal breake if the Mavico Pro 2 is not able to active track downhill!

I have spent the afternoon testing active track, it does follow you downhill and uphill, through gates and generally works pretty good.

I had my Zoom chase me around on a quad bike, across open farmland, it maintains the angle between me an the bike no matter which direction I go in.

I have the videos to post when I get a moment, I could put the raw footage up on to You Tube if anyone is interested.

I tried all three modes and the only time I caught it out was in Trace mode and at a very low altitude, it stopped as the side sensor saw the hill as an obstacle, Apart from that it all worked well. Close in the footage is a little on the unstable side but it does work!

I managed to lose it a couple of times, but I was pushing my luck a bit! OK if you want professional panning shots you could probably fly it better but it is a massive improvement on the MP.
2018-9-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-9-10 08:53
I have spent the afternoon testing active track, it does follow you downhill and uphill, through gates and generally works pretty good.

I had my Zoom chase me around on a quad bike, across open farmland, it maintains the angle between me an the bike no matter which direction I go in.

Thank you for sharing these good news! At which height was the Mavic 2 flying, was VPS still active?
2018-9-10
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah I left all the position system active and it was able to keep up with me at 22kph easily.

I was it at about 10 to 15 feet off the ground. Will sort out some footage later, my internet isn’t well at the moment :-(
2018-9-10
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-10 09:00
Thank you for sharing these good news! At which height was the Mavic 2 flying, was VPS still active?

A short video of my active track test, settings are unchanged other than AWB turned off and white balance set to cloudy!

Commentary just for info I am no blogger!
I checked the flight logs, starting hieght was 7 feet above take off point.
2018-9-10
Use props
BlackDragon
lvl.3
Switzerland

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-9-10 09:03
Active Track 2
Yeah I left all the position system active and it was able to keep up with me at 22kph easily.

Great. Thank you for the test Buzzyone!
2018-9-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-9-10 09:03
Active Track 2

Great video and test, thank you again!
2018-9-10
Use props
fans4f1439e7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 716827 ft
France

Did it yesterday. Downhill active tracking 2 is perfect !

youtu.be/3TSWp5Esxts
2019-2-15
Use props
fansb847b61d
New

France

I have been doing it all week and it's incredible.

2019-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules