Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Terrain Follow mode
5176 5 2018-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LemmyFly
First Officer
Flight distance : 774872 ft
Sweden

I am wondering if the Mavic 2 supports Terrain Follow Mode - if possible upwards as well downwards. I really like that mode on the Mavic Pro though it only works upwards.
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. The terrain follow mode is currently available in our DJI Mavic Pro only. Thank you.
2018-8-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I don’t believe terrain mode is included, but AT now supports following you while you go up or down whether your climbing a hill or going down a hill it will maintain its altitude from you no matter which way you move, MavAir is already doing this in AT at the moment. So unless you want to fly at low altitudes, no more need for terrain follow, it was also not capable of going downhill.
2018-8-26
Use props
SirDuarte
lvl.4

Portugal

[ Last edited by *** In 2021-3-3 04:30 Editor ]\n\n***************
2018-8-26
Use props
LemmyFly
First Officer
Flight distance : 774872 ft
Sweden

Thanks for your replies

Active Track only works with an object. If you film landscape like a dune or a gentle hill the terrain follow mode helps you to keep your distance to the ground while flying forward. I would really love to see that feature on the new Mavic 2 (upwards and downwards) and i wonder why no firmware update ever implemented the terrain follow mode downwards on the Mavic 1 Pro?
2018-8-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

LemmyFly Posted at 2018-8-26 06:08
Thanks for your replies

Active Track only works with an object. If you film landscape like a dune or a gentle hill the terrain follow mode helps you to keep your distance to the ground while flying forward. I would really love to see that feature on the new Mavic 2 (upwards and downwards) and i wonder why no firmware update ever implemented the terrain follow mode downwards on the Mavic 1 Pro?

It might be a challenge for the VPS sensors which would need to do the job alone then. Going uphill the front sensors will help to avoid obstacles. Take this scenario for example: You fly in an area that is partly covered with trees. When going downhill where only VPS sensors can measure the distance to ground and there comes a gap between the tree vegetation they could trigger descend but inadvertedly run the drone into the next tree ahead. I can't really imagine how a fluent flight at low altitude (below 10 meters because of the VPS limit) could work.
2018-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules