Calibrate
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Richard C
lvl.4
Flight distance : 111818 ft

Hello, the last 3 times i tried to fly my P4 i am getting a message about downward sensor issue and telling me to Calabrate. its not the one where you spin the drone then turn it on its side and do it again. it says to hold it and do a square. i do it exactly as it tells me but always fails. so i try using DJI Assistent 2. it keeps telling me to reboot the drone . i always get the same result. what am i doing wrong? thanks for the help.
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles. I assume you are trying to calibrate the IMU sensors of your Phantom 4? Have you tried to switch cables? Also, please refer to the video I provided below for your reference. Thank you.

How to Calibrate the Vision Positioning System on DJI Phantom 4

2018-8-26
Use props
Richard C
lvl.4

I only have the one cable it came with. and yes it is the imu sensor. thanks
2018-8-26
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft
United States

I too had the same downward sensor issue on my first flight of my P4 and after days of refreshing and downloading and upgrading I ended up with a currupt file in my RC. Point being be careful with the changing of FW and upgrading down grading thing. It most likely was my fault but still. I read somewhere about a certain way to calibrate sensors other the the regular way and also a beta program I think. But someone on here will help you . Good luck and I had to send my P4 in for repairs . Getting it back tomorrow so we will see if it’s repaired.ttul
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-26 07:22
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles. I assume you are trying to calibrate the IMU sensors of your Phantom 4? Have you tried to switch cables? Also, please refer to the video I provided below for your reference. Thank you.

Hi, is it possible to borrow another cable from a friend or family member for us to isolate the issue?
2018-8-26
Use props
Richard C
lvl.4

United States

I took it to my father in laws and it did not act up. Maybe it’s somthing going on around my house.
2018-8-26
Use props
Richard C
lvl.4

for some reason when i click your link, it just takes me back here.
2018-8-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

How is it that DJI have moderators that know almost nothing about DJI drones?
He clearly said it's the downward sensors (that's the VPS) but you give instructions for the IMU which is unrelated!!
2018-8-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Richard C Posted at 2018-8-26 12:55

Ignore the suggestions about calibrating your IMU as that's something altogether different.
If you have issues with the VPS and can't  sort them out, simply disable the downward sensors in the app settings and they really aren't much use anyway.
2018-8-26
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Richard C Posted at 2018-8-26 09:57
I took it to my father in laws and it did not act up. Maybe it’s somthing going on around my house.

Aloha Richard,

Beside Labroides suggestions in Posts #8 & #9, doing as he suggests is also a way to test to see if the problem is IMU or VPS.  That can be good information and also helps you know more about your Phantom.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-26
Use props
Richard C
lvl.4

it seems like after taking it to another location, and returning back to my house it seems to have no more problems. IDK what happened but it seems to be fine now. thank you everyone
2018-8-26
Use props
Richard C
lvl.4

I also have another question but will be posting it in a new thread. thank you everyone again.
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Richard C Posted at 2018-8-26 12:55

Hi, thank you for reaching us again. Try to click again the link provided below. Thank you.

2018-8-27
Use props
Richard C
lvl.4

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-27 03:36
Hi, thank you for reaching us again. Try to click again the link provided below. Thank you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYSqz7R5zwI&pbjreload=10

Before it lets me get started it says "please reboot the aircraft"  i restarted the computer, aircraft. it always says that.
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Richard C Posted at 2018-8-29 15:14
Before it lets me get started it says "please reboot the aircraft"  i restarted the computer, aircraft. it always says that.

Hi, thanks for raising that one to us, In order for that error to be sorted out. Kindly make sure to decrease the resolution of your monitor and then uninstall and reinstall the application and finally, set the resolution of your monitor to default. If the issue would still persist, do not hesitate to get in touch with us again.
2018-8-31
Use props
Richard C
lvl.4

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-31 09:10
Hi, thanks for raising that one to us, In order for that error to be sorted out. Kindly make sure to decrease the resolution of your monitor and then uninstall and reinstall the application and finally, set the resolution of your monitor to default. If the issue would still persist, do not hesitate to get in touch with us again.

again no luck, it still says please reboot your aircraft! with a triangle after it
2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Richard C Posted at 2018-9-1 16:39
again no luck, it still says please reboot your aircraft! with a triangle after it

I applaud your efforts on performing the VPS calibration as well as the steps I was able to provide you previously, Since all of the steps were already exhausted, the last options that we can offer you right now is to have the unit be sent for repair. Again we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a full diagnosis. You can start a case from here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules