31313 44 2018-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Windwalker00
lvl.1
Flight distance : 962720 ft
Hong Kong

Hi Mavic pilot and DJI CS

How to link up the DJI goggles and new mavic 2 pro? Previous method doesn’t work.please help?!

Rgds
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. I'd like to know if you updated the goggles firmware already? Also, take note that DJI Goggles only support a 2.4 GHz frequency band. Kindly check as well the current frequency you are in. Hope this helps your concern for today. Have a safe flight.
2018-8-26
Use props
Windwalker00
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-8-26 08:13
The goggles require a firmware update to function with the Mavic 2.

01.04.0500 for the white goggles.

Thanks for the info.

From the DJI Assistant 2, only version 01.04.0400 for my white goggles can be found.

I just updated the white goggles to 01.04.0400 version. maybe let's try again later the linking process to see if it works.
2018-8-26
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-8-26 08:13
The goggles require a firmware update to function with the Mavic 2.

01.04.0500 for the white goggles.

Just curious what is the difference between the white goggles and the RE ones ? thanks
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Windwalker00 Posted at 2018-8-26 09:26
Thanks for the info.

From the DJI Assistant 2, only version 01.04.0400 for my white goggles can be found.

Hi, Thanks for your response. The firmware for DJI Goggles Standard/RE is not yet released to supports the DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. Please wait for further notice. Thank you for understanding.
2018-8-27
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-8-26 12:37
The main differences, aside from color, are the RE Goggles support both 2.4 & 5.8 Ghz, as well as analog transmission commonly used in most FPV systems.  Analog transmission has lower latency which is desirable in high-speed FPV racing.  This means you can connect to many FPV quad racers with the RE Goggles.   You can also pair the RE version with the optional Occusync Air System in a custom RC model.  You could use this to add FPV/control to an airplane, helicopter, boat, or ground model.  As the original goggles only support 2.4 ghz this will mean when a Mavic 2 is attached to them will only use the 2.4 ghz band.

Basically if you are only going to use the goggles with DJI birds the white goggles are fine.  If you plan to purchase an FPV racer with analog transmission, build your own custom model using the Occusync Air System, or want dual-band connectivity with a Phantom 4 Pro/Advanced (2.0) or Mavic 2, then you'll want the RE version.

Sounds like the RE goggles would be better with the Mavic 2  because it can switch back and forth with 2.4 & 5.8 Ghz ?
2018-8-28
Use props
fansff02a6d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228990 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-27 10:28
Hi, Thanks for your response. The firmware for DJI Goggles Standard/RE is not yet released to supports the DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. Please wait for further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Your website specs indicate that the dji goggles will work with mavic 2 pro. When will the firmware be available? Can you please send us the beta version if available now? I use the goggles for commercial drone photography, and purchased the Mavic 2 pro based on your misleading specs. Please help.

2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansff02a6d6 Posted at 2018-8-28 14:22
Your website specs indicate that the dji goggles will work with mavic 2 pro. When will the firmware be available? Can you please send us the beta version if available now? I use the goggles for commercial drone photography, and purchased the Mavic 2 pro based on your misleading specs. Please help.

Hi, Thanks for your interest. As of the moment, we don't have any information when will the firmware be available to use with DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for understanding.  
2018-8-28
Use props
Mclovin 1971
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-28 15:06
Hi, Thanks for your interest. As of the moment, we don't have any information when will the firmware be available to use with DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for understanding.

This is very disappointing. Why would DJI not warn their customers that their goggles are not compatible with Mavic 2 Pro? I use these goggles for my business, and now they are worthless. I am going to return my Mavic Pro and keep my Phantom 4 Pro, and will tell everyone I know not to make same mistake
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mclovin 1971 Posted at 2018-8-28 19:57
This is very disappointing. Why would DJI not warn their customers that their goggles are not compatible with Mavic 2 Pro? I use these goggles for my business, and now they are worthless. I am going to return my Mavic Pro and keep my Phantom 4 Pro, and will tell everyone I know not to make same mistake

Hi, Sorry for letting you down. We perfectly understand where you coming from. We will inform our team in regards to this to your concern to see what we can do. Thank you for understanding.
2018-8-29
Use props
thejesterbot
lvl.1
United States

Just tried to hook up my new RE goggles with the Mavic 2 Pro... complete fail to link, despite being on latest firmware (both).  Very disappointing to advertise these as compatible with no actual current (or known release date) support.
2018-8-29
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-29 13:00
Hi, Sorry for letting you down. We perfectly understand where you coming from. We will inform our team in regards to this to your concern to see what we can do. Thank you for understanding.

Ummm....yea, Tony....I saw DJI say it works with the white goggles, just not the RE yet.....so I think your in the hot seat for a bit....BTW, my goggle icon disappeared...what’s up with that?
2018-8-29
Use props
Mclovin 1971
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

thejesterbot Posted at 2018-8-29 13:53
Just tried to hook up my new RE goggles with the Mavic 2 Pro... complete fail to link, despite being on latest firmware (both).  Very disappointing to advertise these as compatible with no actual current (or known release date) support.

Couldn’t agree more - very troubling
2018-8-29
Use props
photoholic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45581 ft
Switzerland

I can't believe it... seriously DJI? You even sell the RE bundled with the Mavic 2 although you know it will not work yet? Alllways the same sh*** with every new product launch...
2018-8-30
Use props
Nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Flying perfectly with M2P and DJI Googles RE this afternoon. FW01.00.0600
2018-8-30
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-8-26 12:37
The main differences, aside from color, are the RE Goggles support both 2.4 & 5.8 Ghz, as well as analog transmission commonly used in most FPV systems.  Analog transmission has lower latency which is desirable in high-speed FPV racing.  This means you can connect to many FPV quad racers with the RE Goggles.   You can also pair the RE version with the optional Occusync Air System in a custom RC model.  You could use this to add FPV/control to an airplane, helicopter, boat, or ground model.  As the original goggles only support 2.4 ghz this will mean when a Mavic 2 is attached to them will only use the 2.4 ghz band.

Basically if you are only going to use the goggles with DJI birds the white goggles are fine.  If you plan to purchase an FPV racer with analog transmission, build your own custom model using the Occusync Air System, or want dual-band connectivity with a Phantom 4 Pro/Advanced (2.0) or Mavic 2, then you'll want the RE version.

Not worth it at all for FPV as it all depends on weight. Too may add on bits to make them viable. Too big anyway, Fatshark Google’s with diversity and job done. The image and range quality is stunning though, as seen on YouTube. Even for freestyle, weight and being able to manoeuvre is key. It’s a good idea but as said already, too big.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-8-29 19:15
Ummm....yea, Tony....I saw DJI say it works with the white goggles, just not the RE yet.....so I think your in the hot seat for a bit....BTW, my goggle icon disappeared...what’s up with that?

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience, as of the moment, the DJI Goggles white is not yet compatible, however, the RE should work on the Mavic 2 Pro for as long as the firmware is up to date.
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

thejesterbot Posted at 2018-8-29 13:53
Just tried to hook up my new RE goggles with the Mavic 2 Pro... complete fail to link, despite being on latest firmware (both).  Very disappointing to advertise these as compatible with no actual current (or known release date) support.

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. May I know what is the current firmware version of your DJI Goggles RE? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2018-8-30
Use props
thejesterbot
lvl.1
United States

Thanks guys... I'll try that when I get home.  I used DJI Assistant 2 to update the goggles to 01.00.0600 but when choosing Link from within the goggles menu, I didn't see Mavic 2 (Just Mavic).  I'm hoping I just overlooked it.  Anyway, once it said to press the link button on the aircraft and I did, nothing connected of course (although the aircraft loses signal with the remote).

Will try this again this evening and hope I just missed the link!
2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

thejesterbot Posted at 2018-8-30 11:36
Thanks guys... I'll try that when I get home.  I used DJI Assistant 2 to update the goggles to 01.00.0600 but when choosing Link from within the goggles menu, I didn't see Mavic 2 (Just Mavic).  I'm hoping I just overlooked it.  Anyway, once it said to press the link button on the aircraft and I did, nothing connected of course (although the aircraft loses signal with the remote).

Will try this again this evening and hope I just missed the link!

Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you.
2018-8-30
Use props
thejesterbot
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-8-30 13:57
Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you.

The Good
Totally must have missed the "Mavic II" link at the bottom... was able to link up successfully and go for a first flight with goggles yesterday.  Thanks all for the help!

The Bad:
With the goggles connected (even just for visual exposure checks), the range of the craft/connection/feed seems severely hampered.  We're not talking "beginner mode" locked like I've read reports of, but around 1800ft distance, the feed would be garbled at best and then simply drop, losing connection to the craft (the remote would suffer this as well).  I've flown in the same area with far longer distances before.  When I turned off the headset, the remote feed reconnected after a bit and the display was crystal clear again - and was able to continue further out.  At this point, the goggles would not reconnect to the feed once powered back on (I thought they connected to the remote, not the craft?).  

Any ideas on this?  Even if I have to run a cable vs wireless, I'd be more than willing if it allowed max range on the feed - I only need this for visual checks/exposure/framing of shots, def not for flying the craft (I won't be using head tracking for instance).

Thanks for any tips!
2018-8-31
Use props
Yraegel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411811 ft
United States

thejesterbot Posted at 2018-8-31 06:30
The Good
Totally must have missed the "Mavic II" link at the bottom... was able to link up successfully and go for a first flight with goggles yesterday.  Thanks all for the help!

Running into the same issue. The range seems very limited but I have only flown once with the goggles. Interested in learning more about the dual band functionality with the Mavic 2. Not much in the manual. Would using one of the external Pagoda antennas add range?
2018-8-31
Use props
Mclovin 1971
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-8-31 21:30
The goggles connect directly with the aircraft.  I have not experienced your issue of reduced range when flying with the goggles.  The other day I was flying my Mavic Pro and was amazed that I was over 3 miles out, sitting inside my truck, flying with the goggles. Try re-linking.

Really jealous of all you folks with RE goggles. Us poor dudes with white ones don't even have firmware yet. What's up with that DJI? Why would you release M2P w/o support for goggles? Oh thats right, you needed the money....
2018-9-1
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-8-31 21:30
The goggles connect directly with the aircraft.  I have not experienced your issue of reduced range when flying with the goggles.  The other day I was flying my Mavic Pro and was amazed that I was over 3 miles out, sitting inside my truck, flying with the goggles. Try re-linking.

I've been reduced to my iPhone screen...there was a time when that would have been exciting but...yea...being out any distance you just cant beat the goggles.... :-(  Patience I keep telling myself...
2018-9-1
Use props
thejesterbot
lvl.1
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-9-1 20:01
I've been reduced to my iPhone screen...there was a time when that would have been exciting but...yea...being out any distance you just cant beat the goggles.... :-(  Patience I keep telling myself...

That's exactly where I can't use the REs (distance)... for some reason past ~1800ft or so, the connection just goes to hell and I lose all visual signal.
2018-9-3
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-3 09:34
The 01.04.0500 for DJI (white) Goggles has been released for those wanting to connect to Mavic 2.

Thanks....I’m going to eat a bowl of Rocky Road ice cream, because I can, and update...yea!
2018-9-3
Use props
mariokrupik
lvl.1
Austria

Hi,

I bought a DJI Goggle white used from Ebay, but only having the Mavic 2 and a phantom 3 standard, I am having troubles to update to the latest Firmware.
As both Aircrafts are currently not compatible to connect to the Goggles, I am down to the DJI Assistant, but that Software doesn't find my Goggles.
Tried Version 2.0 for Mavic, as Version 1.2.4

In the Description it says activating the Goggles, but as they are used they have been activated with a different Account. Resetting the Goggles inside the Menu doesn't help either.

Can anyone guide me on how to get the Goggles updated to the latest Firmware so I can use them with my mavic 2?
2018-9-5
Use props
lemonmagic
lvl.1
Austria

mariokrupik Posted at 2018-9-5 07:36
Hi,

I bought a DJI Goggle white used from Ebay, but only having the Mavic 2 and a phantom 3 standard, I am having troubles to update to the latest Firmware.

SOLVED

after trying with 2 Micro USB Cables, I used a new USB Cable from my Phone and that worded. Didn't expect it to be the Wire
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI User9262
lvl.1
Flight distance : 316785 ft
United States

mariokrupik Posted at 2018-9-5 07:36
Hi,

I bought a DJI Goggle white used from Ebay, but only having the Mavic 2 and a phantom 3 standard, I am having troubles to update to the latest Firmware.

I just upgraded a new pair of DJI RE googles.  It worked with the following software and firmware versions.

DJI Assistant: V1.2.4
RE goggles firmware: V01.00.06000

Once in the googles choose the tools icon on the right

Linking settings > Mavic II

That should work.  
2018-9-6
Use props
Windwalker00
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI User9262 Posted at 2018-9-6 08:20
I just upgraded a new pair of DJI RE googles.  It worked with the following software and firmware versions.

DJI Assistant: V1.2.4

thx for your info.
2018-9-8
Use props
Windwalker00
lvl.1
Hong Kong

The 01.04.0500 for DJI (white) Goggles has been released for those wanting to connect to Mavic 2.

Hi Dirty Bird,

just as your said, I updated the white goggle to 01.04.0500 thru DJI assistant v1.4 and it works pretty good now with Mavic 2 Pro...

I can kick off my flight adventure now, with head tracking like a bird!

2018-9-8
Use props
DTH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1042448 ft
United Kingdom

If using the White goggles with the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom will that mean that the AC is only using 2.4GHz to communicate with the RC too?
2018-10-16
Use props
Matman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 644669 ft
United States

Yes, and I’d love to unlink my goggles to go back to 2.4 + 5.8 (until I use them next), does anyone know how to delink? Do I factory reset the goggles or the Crystalsky?
Edit: To return to Dual frequency transmission, just relink the RC to the AC.. Super easy.
2018-10-30
Use props
Vasco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5427717 ft
Greece

Matman Posted at 2018-10-30 06:24
Yes, and I’d love to unlink my goggles to go back to 2.4 + 5.8 (until I use them next), does anyone know how to delink? Do I factory reset the goggles or the Crystalsky?
Edit: To return to Dual frequency transmission, just relink the RC to the AC.. Super easy.

Is this necessary every time you link AC with Goggles?  Also have you experience distance limitation using AC with Goggles?
2019-1-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vasco Posted at 1-29 07:15
Is this necessary every time you link AC with Goggles?  Also have you experience distance limitation using AC with Goggles?

You don't have to link every time. Once is enough. Now if your using them between two AC

then you would need to relink to the AC your using.
2019-1-29
Use props
Vasco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5427717 ft
Greece

Woe Posted at 1-29 07:27
You don't have to link every time. Once is enough. Now if your using them between two AC

then you would need to relink to the AC your using.

I mean , if you link AC with Goggles then band switches to 2.4 Ghz because Goggles are only 2.4 Ghz . But if you don't use Goggles only RC then band remains to 2.4Ghz not to dual mode and you have to re link RC to returns to dual mode. This has to be done every time you use Goggles and then RC or only first time?
2019-1-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Vasco Posted at 1-29 07:54
I mean , if you link AC with Goggles then band switches to 2.4 Ghz because Goggles are only 2.4 Ghz . But if you don't use Goggles only RC then band remains to 2.4Ghz not to dual mode and you have to re link RC to returns to dual mode. This has to be done every time you use Goggles and then RC or only first time?

Only the first time. Your using the white goggles so the dual band switching  doesn't apply.

It only applies to the dual band goggles Re's because the use both 2.4 and 5.8 bands. I think.
2019-1-29
Use props
newstalion_007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 300686 ft

I know this is been answered and everyone is saying just download 01.04.0500 however I'm in DJI assistant 2, I have my goggles hooked up to the computer, and did an update but it's only showing 01.04.0200 As a firmware option, where do I get the 0500 firmware?
2019-9-24
Use props
newstalion_007
lvl.1

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-24 21:04
Check the goggle support page & get the version of the Assistant software you find there.  It's been a while but I believe it's different than the normal Assistant version.

The "Assistant 2(Updates discontinued)" lists the goggles and mavic pro, then the "DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic" lists the mavic 2 pro.

I downloaded both and under the Firmware Update section I don't see any updates in "Assistant 2," and I keep getting a message "Network Error Please Retry," in "Assistant 2 for Mavic."

I turned on the remote for the Mavic 2 and it prompted a firmware update through wifi on the controller (not through Assistant) so I'm currently running that, but I still haven't been able to update the goggles because there aren't any updates listed in Assistant 2, and a network error in Assistant 2 for Mavic. Any ideas?
2019-9-25
Use props
newstalion_007
lvl.1

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-24 21:04
Check the goggle support page & get the version of the Assistant software you find there.  It's been a while but I believe it's different than the normal Assistant version.

Finished the update to the controller and Mavic 2 Pro, and I found another version of the Assistant called "DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series)." Installed and now I'm just getting "Network Error 3-3 Please Retry. Why are there so many different assistants that claim to work, but I have yet to find one that does?
2019-9-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules