Position Sensor Errors
1607 6 2018-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SierraSarPilot
lvl.2

United States

Team, we have a new M210 that has been giving us problems and wanted to find out if anyone else has experienced these errors and what the ulitmate solution is. First our agency has been using P4P+'s with no issue for the past year or so. We recently put together the funding to purchase a M210 with the dual gimbal and Z-30 / XT cameras along with the cedence controller and crystal sky. This was purchased from one of the major DJI dealers on the west coast.

With less than an hour on this M210 we started getting "Vision System Error" and "Forward Right and Left Vision Sensor Error" .

First time I went through fimware updates, refreshes, etc. Also attempted the calibration with the plate that worked one time but then failed multiple times, probably due to the sensors being blind. It seems that the sensors may work for a few short minutes but soon fail thereafter. No amount of restarts, reboots or refreshes will bring them back until a complete shutdown, cool down. Contact with DJI showed that our M210 was more than 30 days old when we first made them aware of the problem (second flight and the only flight of over 15 minutes) so we would need to send it in. To DJI's credit they turned it around in 1 week and the work order showed they replaced the "Forward System Module". Upon return, a quick launch (less than 5 minutes) showed no anomolies.

Yesterday, the first day we have had to do some training with the M210 since it's return from DJI on August 8th, we launched with no errors only to have the same errors pop up within the first 10 minutes of flight. Multiple restarts of the a/c, remote and CS did not cure the errors. In addition, it is a complete sensor failure even though this event only showed the forward and right sensors to be in error. There is not the normal cushion or buffer on landing so I'm  sure the down position sensor(s) are not working also.

Any thoughts or advice before I box this thing up and send it back to DJI again ? My thoughts are a logic or motherboard failure ?

Thanks and sorry for the long, frustrated first post here...

2018-8-26
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Definitely a failure and you're not in position to deal with it. Firstly, I'll request a replacement at dealership. Let them deal with the issue. DJI Enterprise has it's own service rules and separate repair facility in US, different than for consumer grade products. It's not your problem. That's why we pay big $ for M200 platform.
2018-8-26
Use props
SierraSarPilot
lvl.2

United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-8-26 11:07
Definitely a failure and you're not in position to deal with it. Firstly, I'll request a replacement at dealership. Let them deal with the issue. DJI Enterprise has it's own service rules and separate repair facility in US, different than for consumer grade products. It's not your problem. That's why we pay big $ for M200 platform.

Thanks ! I'll be in touch with them in the morning. First time around they told me I'd have to deal with DJI because it was past their 15 day return / exchange policy.
2018-8-26
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

SierraSarPilot Posted at 2018-8-26 11:43
Thanks ! I'll be in touch with them in the morning. First time around they told me I'd have to deal with DJI because it was past their 15 day return / exchange policy.

Well, if that's their's response, than it doesn't put them in nice spotlight. The unit must be in fully operational shape no matter what. Any good DJI Enterprise dealer should relieve you from the burdens of dealing with DJI repair service, gaining your trust in exchange. Luckily DJI seems to respond swiftly and efficiently to warranty repairs.   
2018-8-26
Use props
SierraSarPilot
lvl.2

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-8-26 14:47
Well, if that's their's response, than it doesn't put them in nice spotlight. The unit must be in fully operational shape no matter what. Any good DJI Enterprise dealer should relieve you from the burdens of dealing with DJI repair service, gaining your trust in exchange. Luckily DJI seems to respond swiftly and efficiently to warranty repairs.

I will be in contact with retailer first. Clearly this thing had an issue since we've had it and it needs to be fixed quickly. We are getting into our busiest time of year and not being able to use a tool we paid so much for is not good...
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would recommend sending an email to our team for further assistance. Please see the address below.

support.us@dji.com
2018-9-4
Use props
SierraSarPilot
lvl.2

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-4 10:53
Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would recommend sending an email to our team for further assistance. Please see the address below.

You've had the M210 since last Thursday. So far it's in "damage assessment"...
We're working on alternatives and will be looking at options with other vendors on Friday.
2018-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules