Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-S app Balance Test issue
7507 13 2018-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fotobug
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41427 ft
United States

Hi!  I have balanced my camera so no matter what position it is placed, it doesn't move or revolve.  Even the on the pan axis when the gimbal is tilted at a 45 degree angle, the camera doesn't rotate around the pan axis, but remains where it is positioned.  However, when I run the app balance test, Tilt and Rotate axis test as "excellent' but the pan axis always indicates "needs to be re-balanced".  Is this an issue or glitch with the app? I can't see what more I can do with the gimbal as the pan axis is as balanced as I can get it.  Even a slight adjustment from where it is allows the camera to move when positioned into a 45 degree angle. I'm using a Canon 7D with a 28mm lens and battery grip.  

Thanks!
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Fotobug, sorry for the troubles with Ronin-S, the latest APP V1.1.4 has optimized this issue, may I know if you are running the latest APP?
2018-8-27
Use props
Fotobug
lvl.1
United States

Yes, the IOS app version is 1.1.4 (113).  I'm running it on an iPhone 6s.
2018-8-27
Use props
fansc86b885c
lvl.1
Netherlands

same here only can get it to 'good' and hope thats good enough. Also: with canon5D mkIV and cable attached for shutter/focus , I cannot get the roll-axis balanced so that it remains still. I can with the tilt and pan axis. However, with the (1.1.4v) app, roll and tilt come out 'excellent' in the balance test and pan only as far as 'good'.
2018-8-27
Use props
Fotobug
lvl.1
United States

I also get the same results with a 5D Mk III with a Tamron 17mm-35mm lens - no battery grip - just the camera body and lens.  Pan always reports "Need to re-balance" - Other two are marked as "excellent"
2018-9-4
Use props
mnliew
lvl.2
Singapore

I am also hving the same issue pan is constantly asking to be re balanced
App is 1.1.4 (113)

Pls let me know will there be problem or damage to the gimbal if it is to be used?

I am using it on a D850 and the 24-70
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, if all three axes have been physically balanced (we can also verify the balance by tilting the Ronin-S 45°, then check if the Power value of the Pan motors is in the range of +/-5.), but the Pan status is not 'Excellent', please update the firmware to the latest version V1.4.0.3, it should work, thank you.
2018-9-10
Use props
TevinSmithFilms
New
Canada

I have the exact same problem, and I have version 1.1.4(113) of the app. I made sure that the ronin was balanced 100% and still it tells me that I need to rebalance, could it be that the test is glitched?
2018-11-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TevinSmithFilms Posted at 11-14 12:03
I have the exact same problem, and I have version 1.1.4(113) of the app. I made sure that the ronin was balanced 100% and still it tells me that I need to rebalance, could it be that the test is glitched?

Hi TevinSmithFilms, sorry to know you have the same issue, is the firmware version v1.5.0.40? Please try the Auto Tune and then refer to my post in 7# to tilt the Ronin-S 45° to see if the Power value of all axes is within the range of +/-5, thank you.
2018-11-15
Use props
Angel Esteban
lvl.1
Spain

Hi, same problem to me "needs to be re-balanced" in the test, no warnings or message, only in the test. I have an osmo too, and movements are not similar, with osmo is easy follow everything, with ronin s is so difficult follow anything. I have seen videos and movements are similar to the osmo. I think because of that the gimbal don't works fine.
I balance tilt and roll ( in all positions and grades the camera stay ok ) but pan i only can get the vertical, if i move the axe 45º or other grade like your videos, camera back to the original vertical position.
Ronin S with last firmware and same for the app.

I need help please, thx.
2018-11-15
Use props
Angel Esteban
lvl.1
Spain

Forget, A6500 with smallrig cage and micro mini rode.
2018-11-15
Use props
micocfc
lvl.1
Austria

Hello, I have also the same issue. I tried the iPhone App Balance Test a few times and the Pan should be re-balanced. My App Version: 1.1.4(113) and my Firmware Version: 1.5.0.40. I also tried the Auto Tune and my PAN, TILT and ROLL Power is always within the range of -/+5. Have you an idea what can I do?
Thanks!
2018-11-18
Use props
Angel Esteban
lvl.1
Spain

I´m testing this weekend and even with this "needs to be re-balanced" in the pan, seems at least to be able to work. 100% perfect? i don't know. I hope can solve this issue to can work 100% with the ronin s.
2018-11-18
Use props
Angel Esteban
lvl.1
Spain

Hi, solve all problems!. To make a good/excellent balance in the pan, don't try like the DJI or others  videos, do exactly like the manual says moving laterally at an angle of 45 more or less ( not moving laterally and forward as the videos show ). Thx to all.
2018-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules