Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Screen protector for Mavic pro 2 Camera lens
3366 9 2018-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Atman Fozdar
New

United States

Hi,
Does anyone know any good screen protectors that can be used (commercially available) to protect the lens/screen of Hasselblad camera?

I prefer to fly Mavic Pro (now Pro 2) without gimbal cover.
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. As of the time being, we only have the gimbal cover protector though it is already included in the box. We don't suggest to use screen protectors as it may affect the quality of the photos/videos from the camera lens. Should you have further queries don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2018-8-26
Use props
Atman Fozdar
New

United States

Thank you for a prompt response.

I was thinking about a possibility to use optically transparent thin glass or a polycarbonate film that would protect the lens from the scratches during the flight (dust, dirt, insects, water splash etc), just like how we protect a smartphone's screen.
2018-8-26
Use props
simis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405102 ft
Latvia

Or you can buy polar pro ND filters in second half of September
2018-8-26
Use props
Atman Fozdar
New

United States

simis Posted at 2018-8-26 12:00
Or you can buy polar pro ND filters in second half of September

Thanks, That's a good suggestion.
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Atman Fozdar Posted at 2018-8-26 12:02
Thanks, That's a good suggestion.

Hi, Rest assured that we will be providing accessories which can be used to our Mavic 2 Pro in the future.  Please keep us posted if you have other question. Thank you for the support.
2018-8-27
Use props
GaryNash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Perhaps DJI could sell replacement lens covers  the same as controller sticks.. they only twist and pop off.
2018-8-27
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-8-26 12:54
Just an FYI, the forward glass of the Mavic 2 Pro isn't actually the lens.  It is a shield, probably a clear or 2A filter, that is removable & easily replaceable or interchangeable with other filters.

That's great news. Is there some kind of little tool for popping it out? I assumed it was fixed in there. To clear things up, when filters become available, do they replace the existing one, or go overtop of it?
2018-8-28
Use props
fans039c150a
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement shield?  I cracked the original today, and I can't find a clear shield available online.  I have ND filters, but I'd like to also have the clear shield as well for low light scenarios.

Thanks!
2018-12-23
Use props
djiuser_BRM4nUFpEyly
New

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-8-26 12:54
Just an FYI, the forward glass of the Mavic 2 Pro isn't actually the lens.  It is a shield, probably a clear or 2A filter, that is removable & easily replaceable or interchangeable with other filters.

Where do you get these and how do you replace them?
2019-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules