DJI Go 4 updates hell
924 9 2018-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

I did upgrade to version 4.2.24 yesterday, and flew with the drone with no problem. Today, I just saw that there was already another update for version 4.3.0. I made the update and when I try to connect and connect the drone, the app requests China Phone Link Verification. I uninstalled and returned to version 4.2.24, but still request the same "Enter Mainland China telephone number" and Request a verification code.
How can I fix this?
2018-8-26
Use props
TX99517
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274649 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m on 4.3.0 and haven’t seen that issue.
2018-8-26
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

Well, for some strange reason, the app was thinking that I was located in China, by looking at the dji go map. Even with other apps showing my exactly location.  
Anyway, 5 minutes ago, stopped asking me for the phone link, and started to show my right location on the map as well.
2018-8-26
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Im guessing theis is the app update have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the app?
I never do updates i figure if it aint broke dont fix it.
2018-8-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

alexmbraMav Posted at 2018-8-26 15:46
Well, for some strange reason, the app was thinking that I was located in China, by looking at the dji go map. Even with other apps showing my exactly location.  
Anyway, 5 minutes ago, stopped asking me for the phone link, and started to show my right location on the map as well.

If you are inside then it may be working to default co-ordinates as last used in factory. And perhaps this changed once correct device location was known.
2018-8-26
Use props
Ryan Olivas
lvl.4

United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-8-26 15:48
Im guessing theis is the app update have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the app?
I never do updates i figure if it aint broke dont fix it.

Some apps actually leave some trash data if you just update it. Uninstalling and reinstalling would really help most of the time.
2018-8-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi. You just need to clean the app cache, then uninstall and reinstall the app to the latest version to fix this issue. Should you have other question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-8-28
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Portugal

Thanks. It is working now.
2018-8-29
Use props
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11844 ft