Vacation
830 15 2018-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Richard C
lvl.4
Flight distance : 111818 ft

Hello eveyone, My wife and I are taking a once every 15 year vacation. driving from houston to the sequoia National Park in California. stoping at the Grand Caynon, Marpha Light  texas and a beach somewhere in california at the end of October.( any input on spots to visit accepted and appreciated.) The real question is memory. I have 2 cards . both the largest the P4 can hold. i will be using my drone alot and my digital camera. how do i go about downloading my pictures so i have room on my cards? i will be taking my IPAD. is there a way to down load them onto the ipad or??  i am in no way teck savey. i really dont want to buy a bunch or cards unless i have too. i prob will not use them again after the long trip. is there a device i can buy that is kinda inexpensive?  what would you do? how much video will fit on the cards?  thank you very much.  
2018-8-26
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft

There’s this memory unit you can get .. I have seen them at bestbuy anyway it’s looks and sounds pretty easy to operate trust me I’m not tech smart much either. It’s very small about the size of a Samsung note 7 little thicker and you just charge it up and or plug it in and insert your SD cards and it saves all your info for uploading or downloading later on. Hope that helps and if all else fails just open a iCloud acct and put everything in there.
2018-8-26
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

It actually refers to DJI products on package as well as other drones
2018-8-26
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

Hey Rich how did you get that pic changed of your avatar pic? Please
2018-8-26
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

You can get an ssd hard drive plug that into a usb hub that has a power supply then using ipad you should be able to transfer files around from sd card to the ssd drive. This can all be done using a 12 volt cig socket as the power supply.
It works well on android system im not 100% if ios can do this tho.
2018-8-26
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

The one unit I saw was $79 bucks . But the more I think about it. There’s got to be other ways to do what your trying to do but I’m no help with anything else but I will investigate tomorrow. I have a IT Tech at work that is a freaking geek from hell and I’m sure he would know. If I find anything I’ll post it for you.
2018-8-26
Use props
Richard C
lvl.4

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-26 16:01
Hey Rich how did you get that pic changed of your avatar pic? Please

man i dont remember, prob in settings and a ton of luck.  sorry i am no help.
2018-8-26
Use props
Richard C
lvl.4

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-26 16:10
The one unit I saw was $79 bucks . But the more I think about it. There’s got to be other ways to do what your trying to do but I’m no help with anything else but I will investigate tomorrow. I have a IT Tech at work that is a freaking geek from hell and I’m sure he would know. If I find anything I’ll post it for you.

i really would really  appreciate it.
2018-8-26
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4

Richard C Posted at 2018-8-26 16:14
i really would really  appreciate it.

No problem . I’m actually going to buy that unit I was telling you about. I’ve got 6 SD cards and keep rotating them . Like you I go every few hundred years on vacation and it’s such a pain to take everything I need to fly and takes pics and then review all . It’s going to be so much easier to just slide the card into this device and download everything and then have a fresh and formatted card ready for next flight. So nice
2018-8-26
Use props
Richard C
lvl.4

Reds2tall55 Posted at 2018-8-26 16:10
The one unit I saw was $79 bucks . But the more I think about it. There’s got to be other ways to do what your trying to do but I’m no help with anything else but I will investigate tomorrow. I have a IT Tech at work that is a freaking geek from hell and I’m sure he would know. If I find anything I’ll post it for you.

i seen the drive you are talking about. the bad thing is i would have to have a laptop with us. i do have a very old one that is hit or miss and really dont want to take it. i wonder if it can connect to an adapter of some sort to my iPad? apparently you have to use the laptop to communicate to the hard drive or dji fly drive.  man there has to be another way.
2018-8-26
Use props
Al S. Alice's Handler
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50259 ft

My android has Google Drive installed that give me 16GB of storage free. I also have 2GB of free storage with Dropbox.
You can check to see what ISO has. Use wifi when uploading the files so you don't use up all ypur cellular data!
Someone may be able to tell you what is available for Apple products.
2018-8-26
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

You could always just buy a 128 gig sd card and store all your images on that
2018-8-26
Use props
Richard C
lvl.4

here is a stupid question, how do i transfer them from my 64 gig to 128 gig on the road?
2018-8-26
Use props
Al S. Alice's Handler
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50259 ft

This might steer you in the right direction...

https://www.computerworld.com/ar ... pad-and-iphone.html
2018-8-26
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
United States

So my guy is on vacation..go figure.. anyway i've kind of looked around and you can get these little card readers from amazon for about $20 bucks or so and plug your SD cards into it one or 2 at a time and it will let you view via cell phone or laptop or tablet ..view and transfer the pics and or video's . Now i've not used them before but for $20 bucks really cant go wrong ..if t doesn't it goes back no harm no foul. And that other device i was telling you about is called a DJI fly drive 2TB portable hard drive. So hope some of this helps in some way. Hell for $20 bucks I've ordered on of those card readers for myself to try out.  Good luck and have fun on your well deserved vacation and if you get anywhere by Sacramento Ca drop me a line via this forum and i'll go find you and well do a little meet and greet for a few. TTul !!!
2018-8-27
Use props
Richard C
lvl.4

United States

sounds good, let me know how it works out for you. I might go that route.
2018-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules