1073 27 2018-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been getting brave flying over water. My hands still shake right after  flight though.

2018-8-26
Use props
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11844 ft
United States

Wow, you are brave flying it under that bridge.  I am curious, were you actually able to see your drone the whole time you shot the video?
2018-8-26
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Nice work well done
2018-8-26
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

NitemareTrainer Posted at 2018-8-26 18:58
Wow, you are brave flying it under that bridge.  I am curious, were you actually able to see your drone the whole time you shot the video?

I was using goggles.
2018-8-26
Use props
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
United States

Tom_A Posted at 2018-8-26 19:45
I was using goggles.

So I guess the Goggles work good with the MA?
2018-8-26
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

NitemareTrainer Posted at 2018-8-26 20:11
So I guess the Goggles work good with the MA?

They work well, although I imagine they work a little bit better with the Mavic Pro. You really need to get a set of lenses that attach onto the goggles to adjust the focus. It's annoying to use glasses to do that. The way they are weighted can be annoying at times, especially when you are getting things set up and do not have the goggle section folded down.

The goggles have a card slot, but they do not record footage from the drone a phone or tablet does. I'm not sure if they record the flight logs either. I think they should be capable of both. I am using a wireless hard drive with a card slot to get videos and photos off the SD card in between flights now to reduce the amount of video that would be lost if something went wrong.

I'm not completely happy with everything about the goggles, but I do like them.
2018-8-26
Use props
Esk534
First Officer
Flight distance : 1349816 ft
Denmark

Nice video..
2018-8-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent vid   
2018-8-27
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Very nice mate, thanks for sharing, fly safe
2018-8-27
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
Second Officer
Flight distance : 221476 ft
United Kingdom

Nice one! Try doing a 360 as you go under the bridge! Actually don't!
2018-8-27
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Great video. It took me a while to build up the confidence in my piloting skills and the drone itself before I ventured too far over water. I'd fly like 50 feet out over the lake and then chicken out and fly around it. Just take your time and don't fly where you're not totally comfortable. That's where you'll get into trouble.

I have the goggles as well and I love them. I've got the 3rd party focus fixers for it and they work better (for me) than the DJI ones.
2018-8-27
Use props
NitemareTrainer
lvl.4
United States

Tom_A Posted at 2018-8-26 20:47
They work well, although I imagine they work a little bit better with the Mavic Pro. You really need to get a set of lenses that attach onto the goggles to adjust the focus. It's annoying to use glasses to do that. The way they are weighted can be annoying at times, especially when you are getting things set up and do not have the goggle section folded down.

The goggles have a card slot, but they do not record footage from the drone a phone or tablet does. I'm not sure if they record the flight logs either. I think they should be capable of both. I am using a wireless hard drive with a card slot to get videos and photos off the SD card in between flights now to reduce the amount of video that would be lost if something went wrong.

ok thanks for your input.
2018-8-27
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I know how you feel about flying over water. My hands were shaking the last time I flew.
Video was great.
Spectacular scenery and you did a nice job flying beneath the bridges.
2018-8-27
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice video!  I'll bet you were nervous going under the bridge!!
Flying over water is no longer a big fear for me.  Doing all of the pre-flight checks, and such gives me a higher sense of comfort.  I treat it with just as much caution as I do with flying anywhere.
Keep at it.
Safe Flying!
2018-8-27
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Very nice flight. Fly safe
2018-8-27
Use props
enriquefc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1019301 ft
Venezuela

Nice one... watch for compass errors when flying below an iron or steel bridge though.
2018-8-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice flying!
2018-8-27
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Great Skills Mate, nothing to worry about with that Talent.
2018-8-27
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-27 07:48
Great video. It took me a while to build up the confidence in my piloting skills and the drone itself before I ventured too far over water. I'd fly like 50 feet out over the lake and then chicken out and fly around it.  Just take your time and don't fly where you're not totally comfortable. That's where you'll get into trouble.

I have the goggles as well and I love them. I've got the 3rd party focus fixers for it and they work better (for me) than the DJI ones.

Hi Paul,
which focus fixers, if I may ask?

Greetz - Joe
2018-8-27
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

JoeMavicDHH Posted at 2018-8-27 15:34
Hi Paul,
which focus fixers, if I may ask?

These are the ones that I use now. I bought the DJI brand first, but for whatever reason, one of the lenses kept popping off (during flight no less). Also, with the DJI brand, the edges of the goggles were still fuzzy for me. With the Focus Fixers, the entire display is sharp and clear (and they seem to fit the goggles a little better). Your mileage may vary, but I just prefer the Focus Fixers.
2018-8-27
Use props
reider
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1227812 ft
United States

Nice video! I took my out over a lake the other day, and it was definitely a different feeling. You just have it in the back of your mind that you can't just go retrieve it if something bad happens. Makes for some awesome footage though. :-)
2018-8-27
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

enriquefc Posted at 2018-8-27 10:49
Nice one... watch for compass errors when flying below an iron or steel bridge though.

I do think about this when flying under a bridge like that. Objective is to get through as quickly as possible. I didn't have a compass error, but video signal was spotty for about a second almost all the way through. I tried to get close enough to the bridge so that wasn't an issue.
2018-8-27
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Well done, Awesome flying skills.
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Wow! You're so brave flying your drone below the bridge, knowing that the metal object can interrupt the connection of your RC and AC. What awesome flying skills, however, glad that you've made it and able to produce an awesome video. Please use your aircraft in a recommended environment. Thanks for sharing. Please let us know if you have other concern.
2018-9-4
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-4 13:15
Wow! You're so brave flying your drone below the bridge, knowing that the metal object can interrupt the connection of your RC and AC. What awesome flying skills, however, glad that you've made it and able to produce an awesome video. Please use your aircraft in a recommended environment. Thanks for sharing. Please let us know if you have other concern.

It has taken awhile for me to get that brave. I understand that I’m.taking a bit of a risk flying under a bridge that low over water. I stood fairly close to the bridge and there was no interruption of the signal. I also did not experience any compas errors. There is another area that I fly in that is wide open. Flying too low over one location always causes a compass error although there doesn’t seem to be anything there to cause it. By too low, I don’t mean right over the ground. I think I was close to 100 feet up.
2018-9-4
Use props
fans5b3f5928
lvl.3
Flight distance : 113484 ft
Sweden

Very nicely, and brave done, I like it!
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tom_A Posted at 2018-9-4 18:13
It has taken awhile for me to get that brave. I understand that I’m.taking a bit of a risk flying under a bridge that low over water. I stood fairly close to the bridge and there was no interruption of the signal. I also did not experience any compas errors. There is another area that I fly in that is wide open. Flying too low over one location always causes a compass error although there doesn’t seem to be anything there to cause it. By too low, I don’t mean right over the ground. I think I was close to 100 feet up.

Thanks for the response. Glad to know that. it might be that there is a metal object under that specific location causing the gimbal to interrupted. Have a safe flight!
2018-9-9
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.3

Looks good, never fear technology.
2018-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules