Waypoint and other modes on mavic air
1564 18 2018-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frederik Cronje
New
Flight distance : 25184 ft
South Africa

When will other modes roll out to mavic air?
2018-8-27
Use props
enriquefc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1019301 ft
Venezuela

Most likely never. DJI is not about to expand the MA's capabilities when they just released the M2P... The best we can expect is that the iron out the wrinkles on the FW and make the MA more reliable.
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding with your concern Unfortunately, we don't have information yet if there will be a plan for that, However. If there is, it will be posted under the release notes of the product on the DJI website.
2018-8-27
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

I would say that should answer the question.  Most likely never.
2018-8-27
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Another waypoints question? Getting this once per day now.
Litchi
Litchi
Litchi
Litchi
Litchi
Litchi
Litchi
Litchi

2018-8-27
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

OneDoesNotSimply Posted at 2018-8-27 15:33
Another waypoints question? Getting this once per day now.
Litchi
Litchi

Thank you.

To everyone: Just buy Litchi. Best thing you can get.
2018-8-27
Use props
PiVoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158845 ft
Poland

MA is dead Aircraft to DJI.. and it was only 6 months old..
2018-8-29
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

PiVoR Posted at 2018-8-29 02:14
MA is dead Aircraft to DJI.. and it was only 6 months old..

R.I.P.

Such a good drone with big potential but sadly DJI wants to make more money by having Software exclusives to the MP2 which could easily be implemented to the MA.
2018-8-29
Use props
Sprotty
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24692 ft

Portugal

saviour Posted at 2018-8-29 02:40
R.I.P.  

Such a good drone with big potential but sadly DJI wants to make more money by having Software exclusives to the MP2 which could easily be implemented to the MA.

I managed to find this menu on the DJI App while messing around with my Mavic Air, but I can't find it again.
The drone wasn't in the air at the time so it wouldn't let me into the waypoint mode.

Anyone else found this menu?
2018-9-29
Use props
eried
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Norway

Sprotty Posted at 2018-9-29 02:27
I managed to find this menu on the DJI App while messing around with my Mavic Air, but I can't find it again.
The drone wasn't in the air at the time so it wouldn't let me into the waypoint mode.
[view_image]

That looks like the menu you get by sliding left or right in dji go4 (maybe with 2 fingers?)
2018-9-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sprotty Posted at 2018-9-29 02:27
I managed to find this menu on the DJI App while messing around with my Mavic Air, but I can't find it again.
[view_image]

Those are all of the options I have on my Inspire 1 V2 - they are the old intelligent flight modes from 2016.
2018-9-29
Use props
Sprotty
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24692 ft

United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 9-29 04:58
Those are all of the options I have on my Inspire 1 V2 - they are the old intelligent flight modes from 2016.

Odd that they came up when connected to a Mavic Air.
Maybe just a glitch in the software, still not managed to get back into the menu.
Ended up buying litchi to fly waypoints.
2018-11-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sprotty Posted at 11-4 00:48
Odd that they came up when connected to a Mavic Air.
Maybe just a glitch in the software, still not managed to get back into the menu.
Ended up buying litchi to fly waypoints.

Litchi is a good app.
2018-11-4
Use props
Armin-Jay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46778 ft
Germany

OneDoesNotSimply Posted at 8-27 15:33
Another waypoints question? Getting this once per day now.
Litchi
Litchi

It is just a shame that you need to buy a completely different app to get a few more useful modes which DJI wants to hold exclusive for newer drones ...

Anyhow, I can also totally recommend Litchi. - Currently using it for setting waypoints.

Many greetings,

Armin
2018-11-4
Use props
designamk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 127703 ft
South Africa

All we need is a GO 4 modded app like you can get for the spark that unlocks all the mavic pro features. This is one thing I don't like about DJI. They limit our drones by not giving us the features that all these drones can do. I tried all the features on my spark and they all worked besides the GPS follow mode
2018-11-5
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

PiVoR Posted at 8-29 02:14

I hope that's not true.  I love mine.  Maybe I should buy another one just to keep and not fly.
2018-11-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

PiVoR Posted at 8-29 02:14

So for all those using it creating great video photography, posting here and social media, I just see the same people cribbing around here , so what are your problems what are you not getting that you were promised, if it’s waypoints it was never promised and it’s a well known fact that apps like litchi are used a lot more than dji waypoints for a very small cost, it also offers a lot more than dji waypoints and is much more user friendly.
If you thought you bought into an inspire2 then your about 6k short .
2018-11-5
Use props
designamk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 127703 ft
South Africa

^ This is a ridiculous statement. DJI limit their drones with the software. If the hardware can do it then this is just pure greed and a sh1t way to run a company
2018-11-5
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

Still hoping for it. There's people that say Waypoints was even feature on some release material and later removed by DJI.
It's a shame a 3rd party app can do things that DJI Go can't just for marketing reasons on a drone that isn't a year old.
Makes me wonder if I should buy a Mavic 2 just to have it forgotten a year later with a possible new phantom.
2018-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules