First steps ...
1147 5 2018-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FntX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158734 ft
Germany

Now that I've learned the controls it's time to show off some footage from my first, more serious attempt to do actual things with it and on top what I'm planning to do with the Mavic Pro in the future

OHMYGODTHISMAKESSOMUCHFUN!
2018-8-27
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Good first effort (and welcome to our mutual addiction!). Video is a little grainy and soft but that may be due to a lot of reasons from post processing to YT size requirements. There's a lot of videos on different settings for the MP that you might want to play with to sharpen things up. Takes a while to figure out what works best, so hang in there and just keep at it.
2018-8-27
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Hey mate,

Well done on your first real video ! Can't wait to join you

A couple of things :

You drive on the wrong side of the road

Your flying is amazing, very smooth turns, I have tried many settings but still struggling with them.

Were you using a filter ?

Not sure the white balance is right, could be my monitor.

Overall well done, look forward to seeing more.
2018-8-27
Use props
FntX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158734 ft
Germany

Thank you all for your feedback

The raw footage looks grainy as well - that's something I've already figured out on the X3 but the sensor of the mavic behaves quite different and the result is not as good as I'd like...

@Atlas_Aus: I've just smoothed out the gimbal movement. The rest is just turning the knobs ever so slowly since I've kept the EXR on factory defaults Yes I was using a filter and should have used the ND16 or even ND32 on this day but had the ND8 on it and I was too lazy to walk back to the car and fetch it so yeah that might be also a reason why the footage came out so grainy...
2018-8-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video
2018-8-27
Use props
natnatroswell
lvl.3