Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MAVIC 2 PRO DLog-M LUT
17220 63 2018-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

My pleasure. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2018-10-10
Use props
djiuser_RwuTyTUXuhgm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 113881 ft

Hi guys,
I downloaded the LUT, but I only get this "DLog-M+to+Rec709.cube" file ; any idea on how to open it?

thanks
2018-10-11
Use props
djiuser_RwuTyTUXuhgm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 113881 ft

djiuser_RwuTyTUXuhgm Posted at 2018-10-11 05:24
Hi guys,
I downloaded the LUT, but I only get this "DLog-M+to+Rec709.cube" file ; any idea on how to open it?

My bad - I just found out. Sorry for the message.
The difference is amazing !
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

muw1977 Posted at 2018-10-9 05:54
the concept of log is the abbility to be flexible in post. without a whitepaper or an IDT it's wortless.

Just got an update from our engineers that there is no plan for white paper and IDT for now. We will consider your request carefully to decide in the future. Thanks so much for your feedback!
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_RwuTyTUXuhgm Posted at 2018-10-11 05:28
My bad - I just found out. Sorry for the message.
The difference is amazing !

Thanks for keeping us updated. Glad to hear that you have figured this out. Wish you have a good time!
2018-10-11
Use props
muw1977
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17917 ft
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-11 20:13
Just got an update from our engineers that there is no plan for white paper and IDT for now. We will consider your request carefully to decide in the future. Thanks so much for your feedback!

Dear Susan,

what is the reason? Any log format needs some sort of specification so that it may be interpreted correctly. As soon as you work in a colormanaged workspace which almost all
professionals do or should do, the RGB-LUT is unusable.

Would it be possible to get at least a dlog-m to linear AP0 LUT?

All the best
Mark
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

muw1977 Posted at 2018-10-16 03:31
Dear Susan,

what is the reason? Any log format needs some sort of specification so that it may be interpreted correctly. As soon as you work in a colormanaged workspace which almost all

Hi Mark, as mentioned above, the engineers will consider your request to see decide whether work it in the future, we do not have further news for now. Hope for your understanding.
2018-10-17
Use props
muw1977
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17917 ft
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-17 19:18
Hi Mark, as mentioned above, the engineers will consider your request to see decide whether work it in the future, we do not have further news for now. Hope for your understanding.

Dear Susan,

Thank you very much for your reply. I really appriciate it.

I just wanted to point out that a proper whitepaper is an essential part of any log transformation curve, not a nice to have gimmick. Otherwise a log transformation is pointless.

Actually I am very sure that there must be a whitepaper for dlog-m, the question now is why wouldn't DJI release it?

All the best
Mark
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

muw1977 Posted at 2018-10-19 01:06
Dear Susan,

Thank you very much for your reply. I really appriciate it.

I understand your situation, and very sorry for the inconvenience. If there is an update in the future, we'll release on our website immediately.
2018-10-20
Use props
shrippen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112992 ft
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-20 01:54
I understand your situation, and very sorry for the inconvenience. If there is an update in the future, we'll release on our website immediately.

I want to second this request - a Whitepaper would be necessary to accurately use dlog-m, otherwise it can only be approximated
2019-2-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

shrippen Posted at 2-21 04:52
I want to second this request - a Whitepaper would be necessary to accurately use dlog-m, otherwise it can only be approximated

Hi shrippen, thanks for heading up, please note our website for the future update.
2019-2-23
Use props
Anim8me2

United States

I would also like to add a request for an IDT. I would love to use DJI footage in my workflow but without a transform its worthless.

I know..."Hi Anim8me2, thanks for heading up, please note our website for the future update."
2019-10-19
Use props
fpv fan
lvl.1

Ukraine

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-10 20:03
Thanks for heading up. This request will be forwarded to our engineers, hope they can consider in the future.BTW, if you need one's attention, please click the reply button under one's message so that he/she can get the reminder and handle it timely, thanks!

Hi Susan,
it's been 4 years already. Did the engineers succeed?
2022-7-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fpv fan Posted at 7-17 04:07
Hi Susan,
it's been 4 years already. Did the engineers succeed?

Hi there, you can refer to the guide at https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... %20User%20Guide.pdf
2022-7-18
Use props
fans4b6378b2
lvl.1
Australia

Hello,
Consider this one more voice requesting DJI publish an official white paper for the D-Log M and specific colour gamut of the Mavic 2. We are asking not for a LUT, but the equivalent of dl.djicdn.com/downloads/zenmuse+x7/20171010/D-Log_D-Gamut_Whitepaper.pdf but for the Mavic 2's specific log function, in order to accurately linearise footage shot with it, and be able to transform its specific primaries to those of standard colourspaces. Without this information, integrating this aircraft's footage with footage from other cameras in the same project is a guess at best.
Thank you.
2022-9-3
Use props
Nicolasd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216168 ft
France

fans4b6378b2 Posted at 2022-9-3 05:41
Hello,
Consider this one more voice requesting DJI publish an official white paper for the D-Log M and specific colour gamut of the Mavic 2. We are asking not for a LUT, but the equivalent of dl.djicdn.com/downloads/zenmuse+x7/20171010/D-Log_D-Gamut_Whitepaper.pdf but for the Mavic 2's specific log function, in order to accurately linearise footage shot with it, and be able to transform its specific primaries to those of standard colourspaces. Without this information, integrating this aircraft's footage with footage from other cameras in the same project is a guess at best.
Thank you.

I haven't expected an answer from Susan, for a long time. She seems to be stuck at "wait for the site update".
2023-1-14
Use props
Nicolasd
lvl.1
France

DJI Susan Posted at 2019-2-23 01:39
Hi shrippen, thanks for heading up, please note our website for the future update.

We still wainting your update
2023-1-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nicolasd Posted at 1-14 06:07
We still wainting your update

Hi there, please download it from our official website:
https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic-2
2023-1-15
Use props
Nicolasd
lvl.1
France

DJI Susan Posted at 1-15 23:28
[view_image]

You did not answer to my question.
Thank you for reading the customers' expectations by "thanks" I mean "do that."

People here, are waiting for an official white paper for the D-Log M and specific colour gamut of the Mavic 2.
We are asking not for a LUT.

DJI worked on DLOG DGamut WhitePaper.
So, we want a Dlog M dGamut WhitePaper.
2023-1-19
Use props
Nicolasd
lvl.1
France

fans4b6378b2 Posted at 2022-9-3 05:41
Hello,
Consider this one more voice requesting DJI publish an official white paper for the D-Log M and specific colour gamut of the Mavic 2. We are asking not for a LUT, but the equivalent of dl.djicdn.com/downloads/zenmuse+x7/20171010/D-Log_D-Gamut_Whitepaper.pdf but for the Mavic 2's specific log function, in order to accurately linearise footage shot with it, and be able to transform its specific primaries to those of standard colourspaces. Without this information, integrating this aircraft's footage with footage from other cameras in the same project is a guess at best.
Thank you.

Hi, Susan seems to be stuck with a copy and paste. Did you find an other solution ?
2023-1-19
Use props
GPAST
lvl.1

Japan

Just adding to the other requests for IDT to work with DJI footage in ACES please. Thank you!
2023-5-22
Use props
ronj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208419 ft
United States

Nicolasd Posted at 1-19 01:21
You did not answer to my question.
Thank you for reading the customers' expectations by "thanks" I mean "do that."

+1 on this.  Can't believe it doesn't exist and now the Osmo Action 4 uses this.

DJI we need a whitepaper or better yet a DCTL that can be installed in Davinci Resolve!
2023-8-13
Use props
ronj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208419 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-15 23:28
[view_image]

Susan ... +1 on this.  Can't believe it doesn't exist and now the Osmo Action 4 uses this.

DJI we need a whitepaper or better yet a DCTL that can be installed in Davinci Resolve!
2023-9-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

ronj Posted at 9-3 16:49
Susan ... +1 on this.  Can't believe it doesn't exist and now the Osmo Action 4 uses this.

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the late response. We will gather this concern of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules