Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Acquiring Satellites...
2466 14 2014-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nestor.r
lvl.4

United States

I have recently upgraded to running Lightbridge on the PH2 and running a Futaba 14SG. Has anyone noticed the following?

Same PH2 without Lightbridge would acquire 9-11 satellites within a couple minutes. Same area same PH2 (now running LB and Futaba) will only acquire 6-7 satellites after 3-5 minutes and never go over 7 satellites.

Hopefully someone has seen this...
2014-11-4
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not don't have this issue, been running the LB on a p2 since Feb.
2014-11-4
Use props
DJI-MS
lvl.1

China

Hi Nestor, the location at which the Lightbridge is installed may probably cause the phenomenon based on your description in your post. In order to determine if it's the culprit, you're strongly recommended to send us a clear picture of your PH2 with the Lightbridge. Thanks.
2014-11-4
Use props
Nestor.r
lvl.4

United States

DJI-MS, Thank you for the reponse. Here is an image of the Phantom2 with LB...

LB.jpeg
2014-11-5
Use props
Nestor.r
lvl.4

United States

DJI-MS Posted at 2014-11-5 14:01
Hi Nestor, the location at which the Lightbridge is installed may probably cause the phenomenon base ...

Thank you for the response... My response with an image is above. Thanks again!
2014-11-5
Use props
DJI-MS
lvl.1

China

Nestor.r@me.com Posted at 2014-11-5 16:03
DJI-MS, Thank you for the reponse. Here is an image of the Phantom2 with LB...

Thanks for coming back to us with this all black PH2.
Here is a tip for you:Try pulling down the white cable I circled a little bit and tape it to somewhere.
Then let's see if same problem persists.

QQ图片20141105164909.jpg
2014-11-5
Use props
Nestor.r
lvl.4

United States

DJI-MS Posted at 2014-11-5 16:56
Thanks for coming back to us with this all black PH2.
Here is a tip for you:Try pulling down the ...

Thanks again for the advice. I will try your suggestion. Do you have a better tip in regards to the placement of the LB antennas, or are they fine where they are and simply tape the excess  you have circled?
2014-11-5
Use props
DJI-MS
lvl.1

China

According to your screenshot, the circled antenna looks close enough to the GPS module attached in top cover, which may have an interference in the GPS reception.
Please do have a try and keep us posted.
2014-11-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would switch to the paddle antennas mounted on the legs diagonally.  Do not mount on the leg with the compass.  That has worked well on my P2 with Lightbridge and others as well.  
2014-11-5
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is how I have mine

2014-11-5
Use props
Nestor.r
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-5 23:17
I would switch to the paddle antennas mounted on the legs diagonally.  Do not mount on the leg with  ...

I did try the suggestion of DJI and lower down the antenna, and it did acquire 2 additional sats in the same area. But will try the paddle antenna tomorrow and see how they go. Thanks.
2014-11-5
Use props
Nestor.r
lvl.4

United States

I did try the suggestion of DJI and lower down the antenna, and it did acquire 2 additional sats in the same area. But will try the paddle antenna tomorrow and see how they go. Have them set up based on your images. Thanks.
2014-11-5
Use props
Nestor.r
lvl.4

United States

DJI-MS Posted at 2014-11-5 17:43
According to your screenshot, the circled antenna looks close enough to the GPS module attached in t ...

I did try the suggestion and lowered down the antenna, and it did acquire 2 additional sats in the same area. Thanks.
2014-11-5
Use props
DJI-MS
lvl.1

China

Nestor.r@me.com Posted at 2014-11-6 14:24
I did try the suggestion and lowered down the antenna, and it did acquire 2 additional sats in the ...

Glad to see that. Enjoy your flight
2014-11-6
Use props
mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Everyone says the panel antennas work best but I've tried them on my flamewheel  f550 and I'm lucky if i get 600ft away with a 250ft altitude before the picture will get real jittery..  then i put the wire type antennas on and I'm able to get 1700ft away with an altitude of 250ft. I have the dji landing legs on it along with the h3-3d gimble and dji gimble bracket and i mounted the panel antennas to the left rear and front right legs with the flat part of the antennas facing forward and back wards.  Can someone tell me the specs on each antenna and their gains?  And rubber ducky antennas ive learned are worthless with analog vtx's and that circular polaritized antennas or a patch antenna on the receiver give the best result.  And I'm wondering what are some better antennas I'm able to use on the LB ground station? And how i need to mount the panel antenna on my f550 so they work better than the wire type antenna on the air unit?

Thanks in advance,

Mark
2014-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules