Downgrading RC controller using OTG cable- Android users
1819 9 2018-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Hi,The following procedure has worked for me in downgrading the RC controller firmware.
The DJI GO application can be used to easily downgrade the Spark remote controller firmware. Follow these steps to downgrade the firmware:
1) Charge the remote controller until it’s at least 50% charged.
2) Connect an OTG cable 1 between the micro USB port on the bottom of the remote controller and the port on your mobile device (or connect the two via Wi-Fi).
Note: Your Spark should be powered off (so it doesn’t connect to the remote controller).

3) Start DJI GO. If DJI GO displays the camera view, click the “DJI” logo at the top, left of the screen to return to the DJI GO welcome screen.
4) Tap and hold the menu button at the top, right of DJI GO welcome screen for at least 5 seconds. When you release your finger, you should see the dark gray “Select firmware version” screen appear.

DJI-GO-Spark.jpg[size=1em]613x512 51.5 KB

5) Select the firmware version you’d like to install from the list and tap “Firmware Refresh” to install the firmware.

2018-8-27
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing my instructions! More details can be found in the full thread here.
2018-8-27
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

msinger Posted at 2018-8-27 07:44
Thanks for sharing my instructions! More details can be found in the full thread here.

Great
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for sharing for an informative info. Cheers!
2018-8-27
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-27 08:07
Thank you for sharing for an informative info. Cheers!

GREAT
2018-8-27
Use props
Lex_Luchor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98179 ft
France

Thanks for the trick!
2018-8-27
Use props
Ani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148 ft
India

S.J Posted at 2018-8-27 07:54
Great

I m glad it finally worked for you.
And I don’t understand how it didn’t worked with your android with wifi only.
2018-8-27
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

Ani Posted at 2018-8-27 08:19
I m glad it finally worked for you.
And I don’t understand how it didn’t worked with your android with wifi only.

Even though I  downgraded the  RC Fw , the jumpy  action on the SPARK is still  active. Luckily my temporary solution for manual landing with the parameter hack works for the time being.
2018-8-27
Use props
Ani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148 ft
India

S.J Posted at 2018-8-27 09:51
Even though I  downgraded the  RC Fw , the jumpy  action on the SPARK is still  active. Luckily my temporary solution for manual landing with the parameter hack works for the time being.

But after downgrading the RC and AC firmware all the bugs like jumping and connectivity issues are gone.
Dji go is updated
Ac and rc are on previous firmware right now.
And I am using wifi, not otg.
2018-8-27
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

Ani Posted at 2018-8-27 11:00
But after downgrading the RC and AC firmware all the bugs like jumping and connectivity issues are gone.
Dji go is updated
Ac and rc are on previous firmware right now.

i have no clue...mine still stays the same with jumpy SPARK...  My Wifi works very well for long distance @5.8GHz .  But the issue comes only during landing when it jumps  similar to hoping. !!I think my SPARK likes to jump around !!
2018-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules