Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro 2
1782 14 2018-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maka33
lvl.1
Brazil

I read a line somewhere...that mavic pro 2 that gymbal doesn’t tilt down vertically. Is that correct?
If i want that tilt down point of view, straight foward top view (google earth style)...is it possible?
Weird that information, as it’d be a deal breaker and makes no sense not being able to shoot 90° top view
Anyway, does anybody knows if that’s correct?
Thks

2018-8-27
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Yes it does .
2018-8-27
Use props
l0cut15
lvl.1
Flight distance : 308901 ft
United Arab Emirates

On their product page FAQ. Claim this is a trade of for a sturdy gimbal design.
2018-8-27
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

It can tilt down 90°. What it can't do is tilt down 90° in Portrait Mode. In normal Landscape orientation no problem.
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. The Mavic 2's gimbal structure is optimized for increased stiffness, meaning that the camera is unable to rotate the full 90° needed to shoot vertically. However, you can choose the Vertical Mode in Panorama to get a stitched vertical photo. Thank you.
2018-8-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-27 08:14
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. The Mavic 2's gimbal structure is optimized for increased stiffness, meaning that the camera is unable to rotate the full 90° needed to shoot vertically. However, you can choose the Vertical Mode in Panorama to get a stitched vertical photo. Thank you.

I don't quite get it.
Does the gimbal have portrait mode?
Does the gimbal rotate down for vertical shooting in landscape orientation?
2018-8-27
Use props
Maka33
lvl.1
Brazil

I also don't get it.
DJI says it doesn't, but specs says:
Mechanical range: Tilt 135-45º Pan 100-100º
Controlable range: Tilt: -90-30º Pan -75-75º

Anyway, just want to film with the camera facing down, 90º, top view. It seems every drone does it as its basics! even the first phantoms did it...
Vertical mode in panorama? what it means?
if someone has one already and could test if it films when camera is tilted down 90º, I'd appreciate.
thks.

2018-8-27
Use props
Maka33
lvl.1
Brazil

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-27 08:04
It can tilt down 90°. What it can't do is tilt down 90° in Portrait Mode. In normal Landscape orientation no problem.

don't get it. Can I tilt down 90º as the phantoms, and film something at 16x9, top view...normal landscape aspect...?
2018-8-27
Use props
BlueSkies99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3238 ft
United States

Maka33 Posted at 2018-8-27 12:22
don't get it. Can I tilt down 90º as the phantoms, and film something at 16x9, top view...normal landscape aspect...?

It tilts down 90* so you can shoot straight down. It also tilts up 30*.  These remain in the landscape mode.
What it can't do is rotate the camera 90* to shoot a portrait mode picture.  
2018-8-27
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Maka33 Posted at 2018-8-27 12:22

Yes, this is what I have understood.
2018-8-27
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-8-27 11:31
I don't quite get it.
Does the gimbal have portrait mode?
Does the gimbal rotate down for vertical shooting in landscape orientation?

I am not sure that portrait mode is available and this is not an issue of concern for me at least.
With regard to your second question the answer is clearly yes!
2018-8-27
Use props
Maka33
lvl.1
Brazil

Well, if you guys say so, perfect!
All I need is a camera facing down (to the ground) and take some shoots top view.. Regarding to portrait or landscape, it's a matter of rotating the drone on its axis, i guess.
Just though the information DJI sent me is that it couldn't tilt down 90º, weird...as it's basic.
Anyway, confused...lol
cheers
this
2018-8-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-27 12:50
I am not sure that portrait mode is available and this is not an issue of concern for me at least.
With regard to your second question the answer is clearly yes!

I have started to use the portrait mode for AEB panorama's.
You get more in the picture and usually only a yaw is enough to get what you want in the frame.
Just like I do with my 'normal' camera when I make panoramic pictures.
With landscape orientation you usually need 2 rows and that has other problems, since the world changes fast while taking pano's and the longer it takes between the next position, the more has changed. (like a car moving etc).
Long story, but I do use the portrait mode.

2018-8-28
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-8-28 11:47
I have started to use the portrait mode for AEB panorama's.
You get more in the picture and usually only a yaw is enough to get what you want in the frame.
Just like I do with my 'normal' camera when I make panoramic pictures.

Yes, a number of users here have expressed that they are doing it like you have described. Just that will not work with Mavic 2 Pro because the gimbal is too large.
2018-8-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-28 12:23
Yes, a number of users here have expressed that they are doing it like you have described. Just that will not work with Mavic 2 Pro because the gimbal is too large.

Aha.
I have missed that.
(not too active these days because of a lot of paint work and wood repair that we are doing now)
2018-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules