Drones being used in wildfires
1209 7 2018-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Nice read about use of drones by firefighters.    https://www.cnet.com/news/drones ... -californias-fires/
2018-8-27
Use props
Reds2tall55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft
United States

That is a great story. Good job on getting that out to us. ! Thank you !
2018-8-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hope they can bring air freshener too... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-8-27
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am on the local fire volunteer fire department and also act as their photography. I also use the drone on occasion. We had a report of smoke in the area and drove in and out of ever road in the area and could see and smell smoke but could not fine origins of the fire. I had my drone but did not have a microSD card so took a screenshot. Was able to locate the prescribed burn (which had not been reported to authorities) and everyone was able to go back home and finish dinner...

You can see that the smoke was holding close to the ground and was very smoky back over from where the drone was located.

2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-8-27 10:09
I am on the local fire volunteer fire department and also act as their photography. I also use the drone on occasion. We had a report of smoke in the area and drove in and out of ever road in the area and could see and smell smoke but could not fine origins of the fire. I had my drone but did not have a microSD card so took a screenshot. Was able to locate the prescribed burn (which had not been reported to authorities) and everyone was able to go back home and finish dinner...

You can see that the smoke was holding close to the ground and was very smoky back over from where the drone was located.

Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience with our drones. It's nice to know that our drones is being used in good purpose. If you have any question, please let us know. We are here to help you. Thank you and Have a safe flight.
2018-8-28
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Thanks for sharing
2018-11-1
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI