Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-5-28
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Bernie,

I'll have to check this to be sure but I'm not sure the Android Pilot app has a sound option. I noticed the same thing. I have 3 Android devices including the Shield and none of them have sound but my iPhone and iPad Mini does. I think it's actually a difference in the Pilot app itself not your hardware. There are a few functional differences between the two apps especially with the camera settings and options.

Jerry
2015-5-28
Use props
bernie This user has been deleted
2015-5-28
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

bernie Posted at 2015-5-29 03:54
Hi Jerry,
thanks for your comment,

Great Bernie! Let me know if you find out anything. I figured it must have been a difference in the apps. It'd be nice to have the sound but I don't know if I want to back-up to the older app.

Jerry
2015-5-28
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

bernie Posted at 2015-5-29 03:54
Hi Jerry,
thanks for your comment,

Bernie,

Aren't you getting ready to use the BT-200? I thought I read that in a different post. If so and you get them going, let me know. I'd be interested in looking into it as well. Thanks in advance.

Jerry
2015-5-28
Use props
2015-5-29
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

bernie Posted at 2015-5-30 02:39
Jerry,
I am using the Zeiss Cinemizer which is working well with all the components I have.
I prefe ...

Bernie,

Thanks for the reply and the heads-up. I'll look into the Cinemizer. Are you happy with it thus far? Can you "look through" it to see the screen on your FPV? Are you using any 3rd party apps like Ultimate Flight or Litchi? Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

Jerry

Jerry
2015-5-29
Use props
2015-5-30
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

bernie Posted at 2015-5-30 22:20
Jerry,
I am using the DJI Pilot app, never tried another one,
DJI app is ok, films and photos I t ...

Bernie,

Thanks. I don't know if I can go the closed route with the goggles. I think I'd be more comfortable being able to see the bird and tablet once in a while. I'm trying to bench test the GS module on Ultimate Flight and Litchi (VisionPlus) this morning. I'd like to take it up today but I'll have to wait and see what the wind does.

Jerry
2015-5-30
Use props
2015-5-31
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

bernie Posted at 2015-5-31 20:12
Hi,
when the Phantom is more than 300ft away, you will not see anything but a spot in the air,
whe ...

Bernie,

I just don't think I'm ready for the goggles thing yet. I'm having a tough enough time keeping up with both birds and the two 3rd party apps I'm working on! I'm looking forward to the goggles, just might have to wait a bit. UF has the p3 version in Beta and Litchi has It in Alpha testing right now. IMHO, Niether one is ready for Prime-Time yet. It's going to take these guys a bit of time. It's an entirely new SDK so everyone is still learning. I'm a big fan of the Ground Station function and they're the guys that will get it functioning first. Hopefully, I'll get a little less wind today and I'll be able to put some birds in the air today!

Jerry
2015-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules