Phantom 3 and Kindle Fire HDX Works Perfectly
21695 20 2015-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wordsaremything
lvl.3

United States

In case anyone out there is wondering, I am successfully flying my P3 using my Kindle Fire HDX tablet. It seems to work very well too. You can't find the app in the Amazon store but you can browse the DJI website using the Kindle and download it that way. You will need a file explorer app in order to install the pilot app.
2015-5-28
Use props
marceloeng
New
Flight distance : 428904 ft
United States

Hey thanks for putting this out there, have you experienced any lag on the video?
2015-6-15
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Okay, I understand part of that. However - what's an "explorer app?"
2015-6-15
Use props
wordsaremything
lvl.3

United States

marceloeng Posted at 2015-6-15 16:54
Hey thanks for putting this out there, have you experienced any lag on the video?

None and I have flown about 1000 feet away. The max altitude I have flown was around 200 feet.
2015-6-15
Use props
wordsaremything
lvl.3

United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-15 20:01
Okay, I understand part of that. However - what's an "explorer app?"

A file explorer app let's you browse the file structure on the Kindle.It is a must have for the Kindle Fire IMO.  I use

ES FILE EXPLORER http://www.amazon.com/ES-Mobile-File-Explorer/dp/B008K6HN8I
2015-6-15
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

wordsaremything Posted at 2015-6-15 22:10
A file explorer app let's you browse the file structure on the Kindle.It is a must have for the Ki ...

Thanks for the clarification. It dawned on me after the post that the app must act like Windows Explorer on a tablet.

Great price!
2015-6-15
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

But do the maps work ?  , they never before when used with the KindleHD
2015-6-15
Use props
wordsaremything
lvl.3

United States

uptowndisco@hot Posted at 2015-6-15 22:25
But do the maps work ?  , they never before when used with the KindleHD

Nope! No wifi or GPS I believe.
2015-6-15
Use props
apezz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249915 ft
United States

wordsaremything Posted at 2015-6-16 04:36
Nope! No wifi or GPS I believe.

I have a Kindle HDX also, but I can't get the maps to display. If I use my IPhone the maps do display. Does anyone know if there is a way to get maps to work on the Kindle?
2015-6-19
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did some googling and it does look like there are ways to make it happen - but you have to be a bit tech-savvy and use your google to look at the various methods.
2015-6-19
Use props
apezz
lvl.2
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-20 06:39
Did some googling and it does look like there are ways to make it happen - but you have to be a bit  ...

Can you give us a link of where you found the information?
2015-6-19
Use props
dji.paradise201
New

United States

apezz Posted at 2015-6-20 07:51
Can you give us a link of where you found the information?

And any idea what the issue is?  Fire has no gps capability?  Fire has no internet connection?  (would using a cell phone "personal hotspot" solve this?)  Much thanks!
2015-6-20
Use props
apezz
lvl.2
United States

dji.paradise201 Posted at 2015-6-21 02:37
And any idea what the issue is?  Fire has no gps capability?  Fire has no internet connection?  (w ...

My Kindle Fire HDX has GPS capability, it has Wifi, it has internet connection. I just can't get maps to display in the Pilot App. If i use my IPhone 5, maps are displayed no problem. I've been looking around the web for a solution but have come up empty.
2015-6-21
Use props
enriquemartinez
New

Venezuela

Hi budy,
i tried fly with my Fire 7, but i cudn´t. i have a dji go app from dji site like you said but, y can see the camera view.
Can you help me , please
2015-12-27
Use props
citycolorlab
New
India

iam having dji phatom3 proffessinal.kindle is not working

2016-1-22
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

apezz Posted at 2015-6-21 04:12
My Kindle Fire HDX has GPS capability, it has Wifi, it has internet connection. I just can't get m ...

What model P3 do you own?  Because if it is a Standard,  you have to download maps prior to connecting to the P3 wif.
2016-1-22
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

I have a P3A and can confirm that on the Fire 7 HDX, the map does not load in DJI Application. I do see the maps in the google maps application and the built in Amazon maps application.
2016-2-5
Use props
MSGNitro
lvl.3

United States

Any fix for the missing maps?
2016-2-8
Use props
jim.williams
lvl.1
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-1-23 13:08
What model P3 do you own?  Because if it is a Standard,  you have to download maps prior to connec ...

I have this problem as well on the DJI app using my Nexus 7 at times with my P3S.  BTW, these are currently on sale for $39.95 until Saturday at the source and the major retailer.
2016-6-14
Use props
jim.williams
lvl.1

Old thread, but I have the Amazon Fire (now $39) working with my P3 Standard, including maps displaying.  I have been able to make it work. What you need to do is add google services and google play store to it using the info in this video: This will allow you to download the dji go app through Google play instead of having to side load it. It will also allow you to turn on location services through google and give it permission to share location with any apps requesting it. Once you load the play store you will need to allow the tablet to update Google Services, then run it and go to settings and allow other programs to access location data. I also installed Google Maps. Note, this tablet does not have a true gps chip or wireless data capability, so you will have to load your map in where you have an internet connection available. I have DJI Go working with no lag on the bench, and have litchi working with an occasional frame freeze. Just thought someone might want to play around with it.
2016-6-14
Use props
fans615ea595
New

United States

I have the app downloaded on my fire tab. I down loaded google play then downloaded the app I down understandwhat u mean by plug it I to the remote . Please help
2017-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules