Mavic 2 Pro with zoom function (speculative idea)
968 7 2018-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
damoUK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

So we’ve established the M2 Pro with Hasselblad camera has no zoom, but I noted that there is an interchangeable clip in filter set. I wonder what the chances are of a clip on zoom lens, just an idea that struck me earlier! If there’s any electronic connections behind that mount, it’s at least feasible!
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. For a better understanding please click the link provided. Thank you.

Mavic 2 Zoom ND Filters Set
2018-8-27
Use props
damoUK
Second Officer
United Kingdom

@dji Gamora, thanks for the info, although you slightly missed the point, I was speculating whether in future there could be a clip on zoom lens for the Mavic 2 Pro (not zoom). I’ve already got my eye on the ND filters for a future purchase once my new 2 Pro drone arrives!
2018-8-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I would imagine it would create big problems with gimbal balance, we have seen before that if Nd filters are just slightly over weight all sorts of problems with gimbal over load, I’m afraid Pro users will have to zoom in post.
2018-8-27
Use props
damoUK
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-27 10:00
I would imagine it would create big problems with gimbal balance, we have seen before that if Nd filters are just slightly over weight all sorts of problems with gimbal over load, I’m afraid Pro users will have to zoom in post.

Yeah, considered that - but that was the flimsy original Mavic Pro gimbal, not the new one which could have been designed to take more weight and could cope with a zoom attachment in future.

It was just an idea, and would need electrical connections behind the mount, but it would be cool!
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

damoUK Posted at 2018-8-27 09:17
@dji Gamora, thanks for the info, although you slightly missed the point, I was speculating whether in future there could be a clip on zoom lens for the Mavic 2 Pro (not zoom). I’ve already got my eye on the ND filters for a future purchase once my new 2 Pro drone arrives!

Hi, thank you for clarifying.  As of the time being, we still have no clip-on zoom lens for the Mavic 2 Pro. Hence we will forward this concern to our developers for future enhancement. We appreciate your suggestions. Thank you.
2018-8-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

damoUK Posted at 2018-8-27 10:06
Yeah, considered that - but that was the flimsy original Mavic Pro gimbal, not the new one which could have been designed to take more weight and could cope with a zoom attachment in future.

It was just an idea, and would need electrical connections behind the mount, but it would be cool!

It would be great, what I would like to see is dji offering chance to buy zoom minus chargers batteries RC, just the bare Zoom, I beleive it wouldn’t cost much more than changing out the camera, now that might get me interested.
2018-8-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I very much doubt this will
a. work with the gimbal
b. give any decent image quality.
2018-8-27
Use props