Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What is a good video editing program?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DougW
lvl.2

I tried using Windows Movie Maker but it would not accept the Mov files. I need to be able to set start and end and piece together. Have never done this before. All the videos I took today are between 1.2 and 3.5 GB in size. They were shot in UHD and true 4k with my P4P V2 Tks

2018-8-27
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602303 ft

Jamaica

http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor

I use this for Windows
2018-8-27
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can find some other commonly used video editors here.
2018-8-27
Use props
DougW
lvl.2

Anonymous1 Posted at 2018-8-27 11:01
http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor

I use this for Windows

thank you will check it out
2018-8-27
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531640 ft
Singapore

I really like Adobe Premiere CC it's not free but not so expensive if you take a monthly subscription and it works great.
2018-8-27
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can change your format type to .mp4 in the settings for use on PCs.
2018-8-27
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Have a look at cyberlink power director.
It is a feature packed video editor and is very easy to use. Cost is around $35aus there are more professional editors out there but you will pay for them and some are not easy to use. Maybe you could consider a course in video editing so you can maximize the UK mpact from your videos.
2018-8-28
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4
Flight distance : 574977 ft
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-8-27 11:08

This is a great link, thank you!
2018-8-28
Use props
DougW
lvl.2

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-8-28 01:59
Have a look at cyberlink power director.
It is a feature packed video editor and is very easy to use. Cost is around $35aus there are more professional editors out there but you will pay for them and some are not easy to use. Maybe you could consider a course in video editing so you can maximize the UK mpact from your videos.

Thanks, I plan on checking out a few BUT LOL the easier the better. I guess I am getting old because half the icons on a lot of these programs I have no idea what they are for and then even if I hover over it and it pops up a description unless i were a professional video editor, I have no idea what they are talking about

Guess I am getting dumber the older I get.

Tks all.
2018-8-29
Use props
Anthony90
lvl.3
Flight distance : 761519 ft
Australia

I also use Premiere Pro on Adobe CC. Worth a look, the more you learn the more youll enjoy it
2018-8-29
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8832 ft
Spain

Blender all the way
2018-8-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. Hope you'll get the best recommendations of what are the applications that you can use for editing software. Please keep us posted if you have other concerns. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-4
Use props
DougW
lvl.2

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-4 15:06
Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. Hope you'll get the best recommendations of what are the applications that you can use for editing software. Please keep us posted if you have other concerns. Thank you for the support.

Thank Tony

Still checking them out. Haven't settled for which one I like the best yet but at least I have a bunch of good ones to choose from.
2018-9-4
Use props
DougW
lvl.2
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-8-27 11:08

Ok, LOL I will be the first to admit sometimes I am not the brightest bulb on the tree.

I have been trying different video editors. So far haven't found "exactly" what I am looking for. This morning I downloaded DaVenci Resolve 15. ( I figure things out as I go most of the time.) After a bit of trying I was able to install and create a new project, and then open an mp4 video file I have on the hard drive that was taken with my  P4P V 2. When I double click the project, it loads the mp4 and I see it in the first window to the right. I can click the > icon to play the video and it starts playing it and "you can see it moving along the bar as it play" BUT I see absolutely no picture???? This will make editing a bit more difficult LOL.

Can anyone tell me how to at least get this so I can see the video so I can test this program out?

It seems to be a VERY high end program, would like to see what it does. Thanks for any help, you guys have been great. Funny, I thought i would have more of an issue with the drone. That is becoming second nature as far as flying it goes, but this video thing has been messing with me since day one

Tks

Oh and one last thing, when I import my video, it shows loaded with the file name under the project icon on the left and when I double click it, it loads it into the video play window but I see no picture, it says Media Offline where I should see the video but if I click the play button it does appear to be playing it ??? I am able to get smaller lower res. videos to load but all of the HD ones from the drone say Media offline??

2018-9-5
Use props
DougW
lvl.2

DougW Posted at 2018-9-5 04:44
Ok, LOL I will be the first to admit sometimes I am not the brightest bulb on the tree.

I have been trying different video editors. So far haven't found "exactly" what I am looking for. This morning I downloaded DaVenci Resolve 15. ( I figure things out as I go most of the time.) After a bit of trying I was able to install and create a new project, and then open an mp4 video file I have on the hard drive that was taken with my  P4P V 2. When I double click the project, it loads the mp4 and I see it in the first window to the right. I can click the > icon to play the video and it starts playing it and "you can see it moving along the bar as it play" BUT I see absolutely no picture???? This will make editing a bit more difficult LOL.

Anyone? When I bring up one of my P4P V2 videos in resolve 15 it says Media offline and I see no video even though it appears to be loaded. Why is it offline and how do I get it online so I can edit? I really like the look of this program, but so far I can't do a thing with it.. Help Please
2018-9-12
Use props
Amynguyen102
lvl.2

Vietnam

I am specializing in real estate editing[url]http://video.beatcolor.com[/url] and I mostly use Adobe Premier Pro

2018-12-17
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

MOV files are great for MAC's ... but TBH - naff all use on a PC ... yes you can install an Editor that can read MOV files ... but given that you have option to record in either MP4 or MOV ... why make life hard by using MOV ? That's my honest opinion.

Once you set MP4 as the recording format ......... then its simple :

Windows Live Movie Maker (depending on Win 10 installation - it may not install straight off ... it requires USA setup and Keyboard Language to install - once installed - you can then revert back to own setup ie UK / Uk or whatever).

Then there is Windows Movie Maker - but I do not advise having later than v2.6 ... as the later versions are a bit strange !!  V2.6 gives you all the time line / frame ability you could want ...

Another one that is FREE ... go to the PHOTO program of Win 10 ... believe it or not - there is the latest replacement for Live Movie Maker ... it has no resemblance at all to the original Live Movie Maker - but its simple and works.

MORE FREE ............... NCH Software Suite ..... free for private non-commercial use. It has it all ... converter ... enhancer ... editor ... audio ... again like Movie maker - time line based.

I really do not know why people pay money for Video Editors - unless serious commercial business. There are so many good free editors out there that can do most we 'amateurs' need !!

What do I use ? Windows Live Movie Maker ... and NCH if I need to do fancy stuff .. Cost ? ZERO ...

Nigel
2018-12-17
Use props
Alexverh
New

Ukraine

Nowadays there are many programs with which you can edit photos very easily. But to stand out you need something unique, here they will help you https://www.cleveroad.com/blog/how-to-make-a-video-editing-app
2022-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules