Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera not focusing (no manual no auto)
3768 8 2018-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Entropia666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 249088 ft

Hi all,
Mavic Pro Platinum Camera won't focus anymore, neither in manual nor in automatic nor in continuous automatic . I refreshed the firmware, reset gimbal, reset camera settings, set the C2 button to center focus... Nothing.
Am I bound to send the drone to DJI support?
Thanks for help,
Michelle
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced. Regarding with that if you can provide a short video clip of the issue for better visualization as well? Or have you even check it's not a physical problem like maybe there's a dirt residue inside the camera. However. What I can notice you've already exhausted the possible troubleshooting, but still the issue still there if that's the case Unfortunately, what I can only suggest is send it in to the facility for further checking. You can just go to this link https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-8-27
Use props
Entropia666
lvl.4

I'm uploading a video on youtube, will post the link later. Concerning the repair, I hope this will be covered by the warranty (my drone was bought in March!). I live in France, is there a support in Europe?
2018-8-27
Use props
Entropia666
lvl.4
France

Here are a couple of videos showing the issue (sorry for the quality!):

Any idea?
I do not see any occlusion, is something externally supposed to rotate/move when focusing?
Ciao,
Michele
2018-8-27
Use props
Entropia666
lvl.4
France

I see this is a recurrent problem, I find a lot of items like this on the internet, anyone sharing its experience?
2018-8-28
Use props
djiuser_odN8zszSHnWR
New
Flight distance : 37290 ft
France

Bonjour,

Et oui mêmes problèmes rencontrés, soit en réglages manuels ou automatiques. impossible d'avoir une photo ou vidéo nettes. Et pourtant tout fonctionnait bien et une fois après initialisation du drone je m'aperçoit que l'image et floue. Extinction, redémarrage (télécommande, logiciel, drone), tout semble refonctionner, je me suis dit un bug, ça peut arriver. Le vol d'après R.A.S, le suivant, de nouveau le même problème, mais je m'en aperçoit en vol, donc je le ramène, réinitialise, OK tout refonctionne. Le vol suivant R.A.S. Et aujourd'hui impossible, réinitialisation de la caméra, retour en arrière sur le firmware, toujours les mêmes problèmes, Je réinstalle le dernier firmware, rien n'y fait ! Lorsque je suis en focus manuel et pointant une maison au loin par exemple, je vois bien que les réglages répondent bien (plus ou moins flou en passant de l'infini à la macro) mais malgré tout reste floue à l'infini... J'ai comme l'impression que l'étalonnage n'est pas correcte ou s'est déréglé car il bip bien quand on utilise la touche C1 ou en tapotant l'écran, ce qui veut dire que pour lui l'autofocus est correct. Mais le rendu lui ne l'est pas...

j'ai donc envoyé un E-mail au support en expliquant le problème et la manipulations que j'ai pu faire. On verra Bien.

Et de ton côté ? Des nouvelles ou informations ?

2018-9-16
Use props
Entropia666
lvl.4

Attention, c'est un forum Anglais! You should speak English...
En tous cas, mon problème est différent: il n'y aucun changement en agissant sur le focus, que ce soit en manuel ou automatique. Règle le focus sur automatique non continue, ensuite clique sur un objet loin lors du décollage, ça devrait regler le focus pour tout le vol!
2018-9-16
Use props
Dmoore3
New
Flight distance : 134754 ft
United States

I've been having issues with my mavic pro with the unfocusing and black out when taking pics as well.  Tried a lot of things and even contacted dji then hoped I fixed the issue.  Just tried flying today and had the same issues about every 30 secs. Have had it less then 6 months and I take care of things this expensive and have barely flown it primarily due to poor weather.  Contacted dji  again earlier and told them of the issues again and how it's not from neglect nor abuse.  So hopefully it gets resolved.  I love this drone too.  Hopefully you find a way to resolve it as well.
2018-11-4
Use props
MatthomENC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137142 ft
United States

Flying a M210 V2 RTK that is three weeks old. First few flights were fine, then on a job last week that took 650 images, I found the focus didn't move once. Noticed the slightly off focus images on site, but tapped the screen to see the AF green box and thought it was just the Crystalsky and flying in temps below freezing (the screen had been lagging and loosing color often throughout the 4 hour job) . In the office saw that the focus was completely unresponsive. Removed the lens from the gimbal and replaced it back on the gimbal and found the focus working again.

Now just got back into the office from re-shooting the previous job to find that half my images are again useless. I'm finding the focus seems to work but only manually after taping the screen or turning AF off then back on again, it is not focusing with every image. Our old P4P had a button that focused at half push, & shutter trigger at full push, seems the M210 is all shutter trigger, no focus.  I am using the RC muff/cover to keep the hands warm and cannot tap the screen to focus each shot or turn on/off the AF. I must be missing something simple.

Not happy! Anyone have any ideas? User error? Mechanical failure?
2019-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules