Litchi and the Crystalsky
2144 7 2018-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Hello All,

Just wanted to give you a heads up for all of your Litchi users that recently got the Crystal Sky Monitor.

As  you know, the Play Store is not part of the Crystal Sky Monitor . I am  sure someone will get it on there one day or even DJI might include it  in a future upgrade. As of this writing, Google Play Services are not  part of the Crystal Sky System. In effect you can not log into your  Google Account to get your copy of the Litchi program from the Play  Store. You are supposed to be able to download the Android version of  Litchi for as many of the Android versions that you have via the Play  Store.

Litchi instead wants you to download  and install the Amazon Download App to download Litchi on the Crystal  Sky. The problem is that if you are already a registered user you are  out of luck as they want you to pay again for the same software again . I  have never experienced this in  my 35 years of computing.  

Being  a registered user of Litchi for Android, you would think Litchi would  either send you a link to an APK file, send you the APK file or work out  some way to get you a copy. I even tried to tell them to verify my ID  and email address but they did not want to do this. I was a fan of  Litchi and this is the first time I have dealt with them for a tech  issue. If this is the way they treat their customers, it does not sound  like they are a company I would want to support nor do I want to use  their software.

I suspect the same will occur if you  attempt to download and pay for Litchi on the Amazon App and go back to  the Google Play Store on your other Android devices to get a copy. Buyer  beware!

I just wanted to give you a "heads  up" if you attempt to contact them for this issue as to what to expect.  It's a real shame what happened to customer service across the board.  Once they get your money, some of these companies will not support you  as the support ends upon your purchase. It seems that Litchi falls into  this category.

I hope this post helps you divert any potential problems that I experienced with Litchi.

Thanks for reading this.

2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear your that. Just a friendly reminder, we don't recommend you to use a 3rd-party APP, we are unable to ensure the compatibility and the performance. Thanks for your understanding.

2018-9-5
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

Thats kind of interesting because when I watched the DJI Event regarding the Mavic Air, I remember Michael Perry specifically talk about third party apps such as Litchi and how DJI was leaning more towards open source so that these products could be utilized? We are sort of getting a mixed message here? The section you highlighted says "using unauthorized third party parts". I am taking that to mean physical parts,,does that include software also? Please clarify what he was talking about during the presentation. Thanks much.
2018-9-5
Use props
andrew4711
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18064908 ft
  • >>>
Germany

We are talking about a app thats around EUR 30,-? Not a big deal to buy it twice for android and for the crystal sky! Litchi is it worth. Remember what we have to pay for other software? Hundrets of EURO. So if you like Litchi - go for it!
2018-9-5
Use props
Stridhur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 173299849 ft
  • >>>
United States

andrew4711 Posted at 2018-9-5 12:38
We are talking about a app thats around EUR 30,-? Not a big deal to buy it twice for android and for the crystal sky! Litchi is it worth. Remember what we have to pay for other software? Hundrets of EURO. So if you like Litchi - go for it!

Companies like people like you that have more money then brains. Keep sucking up to them while they give you a reach around.
2018-9-8
Use props
andrew4711
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18064908 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Yes, I have much more money than time to cray because of 30,- EUR. What a unfriendly world!
2018-9-11
Use props
jazzyjeff
lvl.4
United States

I agree that this company should not be charging me twice for the same software and I will not be using it on the Crystal Sky or any other device. It's not right to have to buy the same software twice. After all, you can only use it on one Android system at a time. I wont be flying my Spark and my P3S at the same time.
Guys, lets not attack one another here. Everybody has an opinion even if it is right or wrong according to our specific views. I would not have posted it if I did not want comments.
Thanks so much!  
2018-9-11
Use props
CantRepeat
lvl.2
United States

jazzyjeff Posted at 2018-9-11 14:58
I agree that this company should not be charging me twice for the same software and I will not be using it on the Crystal Sky or any other device. It's not right to have to buy the same software twice. After all, you can only use it on one Android system at a time. I wont be flying my Spark and my P3S at the same time.
Guys, lets not attack one another here. Everybody has an opinion even if it is right or wrong according to our specific views. I would not have posted it if I did not want comments.
Thanks so much!

Root your CS and install google play, then download the app from the store. You paid money for the CS make it yours.
2018-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules