DJI Customers In Asia: Are you satisfied with DJI's treatment ?
3644 13 2018-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI makes great products and has good marketing.

However, its been my experience that English speaking customers in Asia are clearly second class customers.

Whenever there is a launch, we are the last to be served. For new launches US customers have products shipped within 1 day. Asia: 15-20 days + 3-5 days courier. Usually DJI does a little better but it does not matter how many products you have purchased. Doesn't matter how you have spoke up for them in forums before, you are relegated to a queue.

US customers whine, complain and DJI Mindy runs to their rescue. She or her colleagues ignore posts from people from non Asian countries. I have been tracking this behavior for some time now and frankly, its not nice.

I would love to hear your comments. If you keep quiet, be prepared to continue to be second class customers!
2018-8-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Mike, I'm so sorry for the unpleasant experience. Double checked with the team, the Singapore customs requires special import certification documents, and it is still under the proceeding of the local government. Once approved, we'll arrange to ship as soon as possible. Hope for your understanding.
2018-8-27
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-27 22:42
Hi Mike, I'm so sorry for the unpleasant experience. Double checked with the team, the Singapore customs requires special import certification documents, and it is still under the proceeding of the local government. Once approved, we'll arrange to ship as soon as possible. Hope for your understanding.

Thanks for the response but I doubt that your contact is being transparent.

I spoke to a local agent for DJI and he's expecting stock to arrive this weekend.

Import controls in Singapore? I don't believe it. We are one of the first countries in the world for product launches. Apple's iPhone was obtainable in Singapore before many other Asian cities. DJI has been around for many years and your products are not military or medical spec and also way below RF transmission spec issues. We don't have a block on 5.8Ghz either.

You have my order number, the 'problem' can be fixed. Thanks.
2018-8-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I have never noticed Mindy treating anyone differently, no matter where they are from.
2018-8-28
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-8-28 08:16
I have never noticed Mindy treating anyone differently, no matter where they are from.

With all due respect, you don't see the differential treatment because you live in the US.

To turn things around in the way you might appreciate, we pay more in Asia losing from forex charges and an uplift DJI imposes on their store and we get served what 3 weeks later? Why? Is DJI worried its products will be targeted by a Trump trade tariff? No, this practice has been going on for years.

DJI is a business and who shouts loudest, posts more, gets attention of other users gets more attention. Well DJI take note: your future market growth will come from Asia so please treat your customers more equitably that now.
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2018-8-28 21:50
With all due respect, you don't see the differential treatment because you live in the US.

To turn things around in the way you might appreciate, we pay more in Asia losing from forex charges and an uplift DJI imposes on their store and we get served what 3 weeks later? Why? Is DJI worried its products will be targeted by a Trump trade tariff? No, this practice has been going on for years.

Hi Mike, I apologize if my previous post makes you have this feeling, could you please point it out so that I can learn from that and keep improving my response.
But I can 100% ensure that I treat every customer equally, like Susan explained in 2#, we are still waiting for the import certification document to be authorized, we are so sorry that the shipping date of Singapore is longer than other regions.
2018-8-29
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-29 03:43
Hi Mike, I apologize if my previous post makes you have this feeling, could you please point it out so that I can learn from that and keep improving my response.
But I can 100% ensure that I treat every customer equally, like Susan explained in 2#, we are still waiting for the import certification document to be authorized, we are so sorry that the shipping date of Singapore is longer than other regions.

Thank you for your response. I'll check about the comment about import certification and update this post in the morning.
2018-8-29
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>

Well, there are no shipments coming to Singapore so there is a grain of truth in what Mindy is saying.

Overall, I can see why DJI favours US customers. They play an active role in the forum pages, often complain but sometimes provide useful feedback that improves the product. They buy in large volumes, aren't; afraid of trying new things or in paying premium prices for them.

Posts from the US and Europe account for 90% or more of the volume on this site. So if you were running a company, who would you attend to first?

I don't quite buy the story about regulatory delays but Singapore but I will give the benefit of the doubt here and accept that some customers are just in the wrong country.

I have two suggestions I hope DJI, the progressive business will consider:
1. Charge the card as a 'hold' that is, do NOT actually take the charge UNTIL DELIVERY. This is what many large hotels do for credit card charges and is fair to customers like us in 'disadvantaged' situations. This will ease the frustration of having paid but not receiving a product. In terms of cash flow, it may not be best but I would bet that this would make the online store more popular.
2. Put up a 'which country is shipping now' site to be transparent to customers and to let crazy enthusiasts decide if they want to travel to a nearby country to get an early product. I think this will inform and also create some buzz.

DJI is a resourceful company that has succeeded because it does listen to customers. I hope you'll take my comments on.

2018-8-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2018-8-30 16:12
Well, there are no shipments coming to Singapore so there is a grain of truth in what Mindy is saying.

Overall, I can see why DJI favours US customers. They play an active role in the forum pages, often complain but sometimes provide useful feedback that improves the product. They buy in large volumes, aren't; afraid of trying new things or in paying premium prices for them.

Hi Mike, thanks for your suggestions. Generally, there will be estimated shipping time before you placed the order. As mentioned above, the schedule might be different for various regions and dealers, we're trying to ship the products as well. We're so sorry if this bothers you.
2018-9-1
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-1 00:52
Hi Mike, thanks for your suggestions. Generally, there will be estimated shipping time before you placed the order. As mentioned above, the schedule might be different for various regions and dealers, we're trying to ship the products as well. We're so sorry if this bothers you.

Susan,

Thank you for the reply.

My order has shipped and will arrive Monday week. This follows the first dealer shipments in Singapore and I'm glad that things have worked out.

I see now that a fresh purchase from the DJI online store from our location indicates a shipping expectation of 1 business day. This has changed from the 12-15 business day expectation set on Aug 28th for my location.

Perhaps DJI should consider publishing on its website approximate first ship dates in different countries following product launch. This will help set expectations and now that you have been in business for several years now, you are in a better position to gauge how to distribute your first units.

Till your next big launch....
Looking forward to testing the aircraft shortly.
2018-9-1
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Package arrived in SG today. In line with first shipments to official dealers in our country but with the fly more package to DJI store customers. Have to give credit when its due. DJI delivered after a nudge....
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2018-9-3 01:18
Package arrived in SG today. In line with first shipments to official dealers in our country but with the fly more package to DJI store customers. Have to give credit when its due. DJI delivered after a nudge....

Glad to hear that you have received the package. We'll keep optimizing the purchase experience, thanks for your suggestion. Should there is any further question, feel free to contact us. Wish you have a good time!
2018-9-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-3 04:28
Glad to hear that you have received the package. We'll keep optimizing the purchase experience, thanks for your suggestion. Should there is any further question, feel free to contact us. Wish you have a good time!

Thanks. Give yourselves a pat on the back.  I've commented on the new aircraft and more here...

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1549320
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2018-9-3 07:48
Thanks. Give yourselves a pat on the back.  I've commented on the new aircraft and more here...

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=165048&page=1#pid1549320

Received with thanks! I'll check with our engineers and keep you updated in the new post.
2018-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules