S7 Edge Video Transmission Problems
1368 16 2018-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
2Blades
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99908 ft
United States

Hello,  I've had my P4P for over a year flying with S6 Edge Plus with no problems.  It was recently replaced with an S7 Edge with DJI Go 4 v4.2.24 and the video feed didn't work at all, just green pixelation with intermittant image.  I downloaded to v4.2.24 and it was much better but there was still lag and I don't want to fly when this problem exists.  Not to mention that the videos have the lag also.

Any suggestions?

I also saw on the Mavicpilots and they said the S7 was not a compatible phone.  The only place where I see phone list is on http://www.phantomhelp.com/Tips/18/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.  Under P4P FAQ it shows "Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8, Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7".

Does DJI have a list of supported phones?  If so can someone please provide the link?

Please any help.....She needs to fly!!

2018-8-28
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try the tips in this article to ensure both your mobile device and DJI GO are set up to run as efficiently as possible. That often resolves issues like you're describing.

The current list of mobile devices supported by DJI are marked with an orange dot in this list. You can also find the mobile devices most liked by DJI drone owners.

2018-8-28
Use props
2Blades
lvl.3
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-8-28 03:03
Try the tips in this article to ensure both your mobile device and DJI GO are set up to run as efficiently as possible. That often resolves issues like you're describing.

The current list of mobile devices supported by DJI are marked with an orange dot in this list. You can also find the mobile devices most liked by DJI drone owners.

THANKS!!

I will check and try the suggestions today and get back to you.  Just one question the article says DJI GO not go 4, do they just call it DJI GO now or should I go back to DJI GO vs GO 4?
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. You can check here the list of compatible mobile devices for Phantom 4 pro: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads

2018-8-28
Use props
2Blades
lvl.3
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-28 03:51
Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. You can check here the list of compatible mobile devices for Phantom 4 pro: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads

[view_image]

Thanks for your help & reply!
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

2Blades Posted at 2018-8-28 11:58
Thanks for your help & reply!

You're welcome. Please let us know if you still need more help.
2018-8-29
Use props
2Blades
lvl.3
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-29 00:57
You're welcome. Please let us know if you still need more help.

I've gone back to 4.12 and still not worthy of flight due to breakup in transmission video, and we just went through a Hurricane!  I'm really disgusted with DJI right now!!
2018-9-21
Use props
FlyingUser
lvl.2

Netherlands

Interesting, I am using an s7 edge, still on Nougat and no problems. Wait, I recall seeing some green stuff after a flight, about 2 weeks ago?

Ideas: new USB cable, check connections, revert back from Oreo to Nougat...
2018-9-21
Use props
2Blades
lvl.3
United States

FlyingUser Posted at 2018-9-21 06:54
Interesting, I am using an s7 edge, still on Nougat and no problems. Wait, I recall seeing some green stuff after a flight, about 2 weeks ago?

Ideas: new USB cable, check connections, revert back from Oreo to Nougat...

Sorry, late getting back....
Still flying OK with Nougat (8)?
Which version of DJI G4?
Thanks@
2018-10-29
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

2Blades Posted at 2018-10-29 02:11
Sorry, late getting back....
Still flying OK with Nougat (8)?
Which version of DJI G4?

Uninstall DJi 4go - do a hard reset - reinstall app.
2018-10-29
Use props
2Blades
lvl.3
United States

ATJ Posted at 2018-10-29 02:35
Uninstall DJi 4go - do a hard reset - reinstall app.

What version are your running?  The latest or the 4.2.16?
Thanks for the reply!!
2018-10-29
Use props
fanse19c2cc7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157533 ft
Ireland

Hi new to the forum im looling at geting a bigger screen to use with my p4p,i use a samsung s9 at the moment and it works great.
Im looking at a used ipad mini 4, do i need to have celuar or will just wifi work?
2018-10-29
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

fanse19c2cc7 Posted at 2018-10-29 13:12
Hi new to the forum im looling at geting a bigger screen to use with my p4p,i use a samsung s9 at the moment and it works great.
Im looking at a used ipad mini 4, do i need to have celuar or will just wifi work?

You can fly with a Wi-Fi only mobile device. None of the features that use the Internet are required in order to fly.

Without a cellular connection, you won't be able to use any features that require an Internet connection while you're out flying. For example, you will not be able to download the maps in real-time or stream your flights to YouTube.

Cellular Apple devices contain a GPS receiver. That GPS receiver is active even if the cell service has not been activated. The DJI GO app requires GPS on an Apple device when using the Follow Me flight mode or to reset the home point to your current location if you've moved elsewhere after taking off. If you're going to use a Wi-Fi only Apple device, you could attach a Bluetooth GPS receiver (like one of these) to add GPS later if needed.
2018-10-30
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-10-30 01:42
You can fly with a Wi-Fi only mobile device. None of the features that use the Internet are required in order to fly.

Without a cellular connection, you won't be able to use any features that require an Internet connection while you're out flying. For example, you will not be able to download the maps in real-time or stream your flights to YouTube.

I have a iPad Mini 4 but it doesn't compare with the Huawei. The Huawei automatically starts the DJi 4Go app, for you, once you have it set up...Take a Look ---  Huawei incredibley easy to use with DJi 4 Go. This unit also has GPS.
2018-10-30
Use props
2Blades
lvl.3
United States

ATJ Posted at 10-30 03:02
I have a iPad Mini 4 but it doesn't compare with the Huawei. The Huawei automatically starts the DJi 4Go app, for you, once you have it set up...Take a Look ---  Huawei incredibley easy to use with DJi 4 Go. This unit also has GPS.

So the Huawei is the Huawei MediaPad M5?  From the specs it appears that the display brightness is somewhat low.  How is it flying in bright sunlight?
2018-11-1
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
United States

2Blades Posted at 11-1 09:19
So the Huawei is the Huawei MediaPad M5?  From the specs it appears that the display brightness is somewhat low.  How is it flying in bright sunlight?

The model is the Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 10 and for what it does for $200.00 is exceptional. The brightness was turned down to low for the camera.

(Made this video with my P4)
2018-11-1
Use props
2Blades
lvl.3
United States

ATJ Posted at 11-1 11:18
The model is the Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 10 and for what it does for $200.00 is exceptional. The brightness was turn down low for the camera

Thanks for the reply!  I use mine on the beach often and it's so bright I was wondering how the Huawei was with trying to see the screen in bright daylight.  I keep thinking with a larger screen and a sun shade it would be better than my 6.1 phone.
2018-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules