1653 2 2018-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cliff_622
lvl.1
Flight distance : 512005 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why DJI? Why did you remove D-Cine fcrom the Mavic-!! PRO????

D-Cine is the best 8bit high dynamic range profile that the Mavic and Phantoms have. It's not true "log" but it still protects the highlights and sees further into the shadows than the standard profile does. It's a good 8bit compromise and one that we all have typically shot in for years.

Now,...in order you get more dynamic range, we are FORCED into using "full" log with 10bit HEVC which is harder to edit!

I fully understand the benifits of log. I absolutely get it,  but WHY "remove" this trusted option completely? Why remove the "CHOICE" for people to stay in an EASY 8bit editing CODEC?

I makes no sense. The Mavic Zoom still has D-Cine but it's gone from it's sister PRO aircraft. Can anybody explain to us why removing D-Cine on the PRO was a "good thing"?

DJI,....please put it back! Please giv your customers the CHOICE again.

CT
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're really sorry for the frustration you have right now. The reason why Dlog-M is only available on the Mavic 2 Pro because the pro version was designed with the needs of professional photographers in mind, meeting demands for greater colour correction capabilities. On the other hand, the Mavic 2 Zoom has D-Cinelike to realize quick and easy color correction. Along with Dlog-M, D-Cinelike reserves more highlight and color information than any normal color correction mode, leaving more room for post-processing. I hope this helps you. Thanks.
2018-8-29
Use props
Cliff_622
lvl.1
Flight distance : 512005 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-29 10:02
Hi, we're really sorry for the frustration you have right now. The reason why Dlog-M is only available on the Mavic 2 Pro because the pro version was designed with the needs of professional photographers in mind, meeting demands for greater colour correction capabilities. On the other hand, the Mavic 2 Zoom has D-Cinelike to realize quick and easy color correction. Along with Dlog-M, D-Cinelike reserves more highlight and color information than any normal color correction mode, leaving more room for post-processing. I hope this helps you. Thanks.

Thank you for your reply. I fully understand the D-Log workflow. I have quite a bit of experience with color grading Sony Slog-2, SLog-3 and Panasonic's VLog and Vlog-L.

I'm glad you include this on the Mavic-2 Pro for a professional colorist. However,...I must ask you, how does including DJI's D-Cine "negatively" affect a pro colorist?

Would you say that having the additional option of D-Cine would "hurt" a professional colorist in some way? Are you concerned that a pro would choose D-Cine by accident instead of the "right" D-Log?

The problem is that not everybody needs 10bit editing and certainly not everybody want's to edit in a SLOW H.265 HEVC CODEC. I believe DJI should give the choice to allow everybody (even Pro's) to edit in 8Bit H.264. Even the DJI Inspire 2 allows pros to shoot in 8bit. D-Cine SHOULD be available on the Mavic-2 Pro just like it's available on other Mavic and Phantom aircraft.

I cannot understand a valid reason why it was deliberately removed.

Thanks for listening.
2018-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules